I wrote an alternative to CPU-Z, HWInfo and CrystalDiskMark all in one modern app.

Hi! Today I wanted to share with you my little project that I have been working on since the beginning of my studies. 

It irritates me that monitoring applications are often outdated in terms of appearance, and Asus or Gigabyte applications looks "too gamery". That's why I wanted to do something that looks like a native application, and provides everything in the most convenient interface possible.

And here you can see the effects:

radiograph-monitoring.thumb.png.2c24ec24db62e3948e04ad59cff3faf8.png

radiograph-driller.thumb.png.40a7f528497be1785b64af7fff837236.png

radiograph-storage.thumb.png.7e1896e780d93b9044d74f50eb8a3ffa.png

You like this? Maybe you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for feedback 🙂

I like the GUI!

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

In my opinion theres quite a lot of empty space which is very in line with modern apps having to support touch interfaces and peoples fingers. Not really my cup of tea but visually it looks more modern and more "consumer friendly" and i think it definitely fits in with the way applications are currently trending

Looks really good. 

How much of the HwInfo like information is on it? Perf cap reasons, specific core temps, specific core voltages etc.

Also, what benchmarks does it run?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I'd skip the quite subjective "could be better" and simply state "out of range" or something like that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Looks really good. 

How much of the HwInfo like information is on it? Perf cap reasons, specific core temps, specific core voltages etc.

I chose the information that seems to me the most important for the consumer, later I want to add the "Advanced" tab, where will be everything that can be read.

image.thumb.png.b14969faa846ddfb1cd5f3d1491464cb.png

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

The biggest draw to something like HWInfo is the known and trusted accuracy. I love the look but if the data is funky, that'll be a problem. 

Information is obtained from LibreHardwareMonitor library, at which I also try to help. We try to extract information and correct it in relation to what the producers provide

https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor

2 minutes ago, Pomian said:

I chose the information that seems to me the most important for the consumer, later I want to add the "Advanced" tab, where will be everything that can be read.

Minus the lack of perf cap reasons (makes it easy to help someone that doesn't know what they're looking for or at a quick glace), that looks like a really slick program. 

Any plans on Github or the similar?

Have you tested it compared to Hwinfo to see margin of error?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, Pomian said:

Looks nice and professional.

Are you able to expand the processor clocks to show the speeds of each core?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Minus the lack of perf cap reasons (makes it easy to help someone that doesn't know what they're looking for or at a quick glace), that looks like a really slick program. 

Any plans on Github or the similar?

Have you tested it compared to Hwinfo to see margin of error?

I have already put the applications into the store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/radiograph/9nh1p86h06cg

, it should also be downloadable with a command:

winget install radiograph

3 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Looks nice and professional.

Are you able to expand the processor clocks to show the speeds of each core?

Apparently it is possible, but all the time I am trying to write quite a complicated control which is the Tree List. Until I figure out the best way to do it, it won't be in an official release

The screen below shows a working example in the old version, but it had big problems updating the data

image.thumb.png.3e35ad59c78c240a6f5b51715b5c4fd6.png

32 minutes ago, Pomian said:

I would love a freaking advance tab, even though I won't ever use it XD

Looks good so far, simple to use, perfect for the general consumer.

Sir I award you with the Person of the Year award in the LTT forums, if non exists, it does now, because this is a very good idea, and will hopefully help consumers tap into computers a bit more 😄

looks really nice and should be more than enough info for the average joe, but damn am I missing my good old line graphs.

Also some of the Data it's pulling seems odd like a 75hz refresh rate and a 100 watt power limit on my GPU but I guess that would be LibreHardwaremonitors fault.

image.png.a2b368c3d57948622052f210689837d8.png

Looks really nice.... any non Microsoft Store downloads available? Don't feel like having Microsith watching my every move.

Interesting UI concepts.
However as mentioned in other comments, you could reduce the space between the graphical components a bit and better take advantage of the space you have available :)

I hope it isn't another Electron/JS based app, that would be a deal breaker for me.

5 minutes ago, b1t5murf said:

Interesting UI concepts.
However as mentioned in other comments, you could reduce the space between the graphical components a bit and better take advantage of the space you have available 🙂

I hope it isn't another Electron/JS based app, that would be a deal breaker for me.

All of these are native vector-based WPF controls with no external solutions.

15 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

looks really nice and should be more than enough info for the average joe, but damn am I missing my good old line graphs.

Also some of the Data it's pulling seems odd like a 75hz refresh rate and a 100 watt power limit on my GPU but I guess that would be LibreHardwaremonitors fault.

image.png.a2b368c3d57948622052f210689837d8.png

This data is obtained by my Driller library, some of them are based on deceptive WMI, this is something I want to improve in the future

4 minutes ago, Pomian said:

All of these are native vector-based WPF controls with no external solutions.

That's at least somewhat positive.
The UI does look like there has been put thought into representing the data in a good way - kudos!

Personally, I wouldn't have gone down that route with WPF if it was me though.🙂

Haven't used it, but just from the images provided it looks very low information density. For example, this is in part why I dislike AMD's GPU software interface. It is just wasting space trying to look nice. Information is more important than looks. It also kinda reminds me of other info tools that I've long forgotten, since they didn't offer anything over the established players.

Also consider two separate use cases. Information and monitoring. Apart from the current CPU clock (and others that may vary with power state), CPU-Z is mostly providing unchanging information. HWINFO has elements of both, but I think it is mostly used for monitoring of values.

As it currently stands I don't see any reason why I would want to run it instead of the individual apps mentioned.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

i like the UI,  but its just like most other apps, an "app" kind of impractical,  something like this would be ideally an "interactive overlay" , which i understand would be very hard to do, especially with minimal performance impact.

there's also the uncertainty of unknown side effects of course,  if something simple like OpenRGB can brick [msi] motherboards, what can this do, which seems far more complex and intrusive...?

18 minutes ago, b1t5murf said:

However as mentioned in other comments, you could reduce the space between the graphical components a bit and better take advantage of the space you have available 🙂

i think the spacing is excellent,  but as said above its just some windows,  so will be quite obstructive and impractical like almost all other such apps.

Also op, don't get me wrong,  i don't really love it or hate it,  im just giving my opinion,  and hopefully at least some constructive criticism,  although i know,  what i personally would find modern is damn near impossible on windows,  which after all is a 50 year old design not really made for interactivity... they tried with Vista... sobs... 😪

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd skip the quite subjective "could be better" and simply state "out of range" or something like that

where does it say that, does it go all out meme? it should be a popup!  😅

5e3f67.jpg.8a298a884ae2bb079539c264729ad07c.jpg

1 hour ago, Pomian said:

I have already put the applications into the store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/radiograph/9nh1p86h06cg

, it should also be downloadable with a command:

winget install radiograph

what about people without a ms account,  or a working windows store for that matter, sol?

maybe you could consider github, or even mega? (definitely prefer mega personally,  except their dumb quotas lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

where does it say that,

To the right of the storage, next to "Status". I assume it's referring to the temp (they match in colour) but I"m not certain

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

37 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

what about people without a ms account,  or a working windows store for that matter, sol?

maybe you could consider github, or even mega? (definitely prefer mega personally,  except their dumb quotas lol) 

Free apps does not require logging into MS account. Besides, I think MS store is going in a better direction and Microsoft's opening up it to non-containerized applications only makes more sense. Plus, the Radiograph in the store version has been verified by a Microsoft employee and signed with a digital certificate. It increases the security and certainty of the origin of the application. I believe that these are important aspects.

30 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i like the UI,  but its just like most other apps, an "app" kind of impractical,  something like this would be ideally an "interactive overlay" , which i understand would be very hard to do, especially with minimal performance impact.

there's also the uncertainty of unknown side effects of course,  if something simple like OpenRGB can brick [msi] motherboards, what can this do, which seems far more complex and intrusive...?

i think the spacing is excellent,  but as said above its just some windows,  so will be quite obstructive and impractical like almost all other such apps.

Also op, don't get me wrong,  i don't really love it or hate it,  im just giving my opinion,  and hopefully at least some constructive criticism,  although i know,  what i personally would find modern is damn near impossible on windows,  which after all is a 50 year old design not really made for interactivity... they tried with Vista... sobs... 😪

Thank you for your extensive feedback.

By responding to some of them, the data is read, not written. So, apart from the applications freezing each other by trying to access the same protected system levels, there should be no major errors.

As for Interactive Overlay, I am trying to recreate it using DirectX to attach onto processes, much like RivaTuner Statistics, but it still requires a lot of learning and testing from me.