I wrote an alternative to CPU-Z, HWInfo and CrystalDiskMark all in one modern app.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd skip the quite subjective "could be better" and simply state "out of range" or something like that

I assumed this text to have the simplest meaning.

An ordinary user can then say to himself: "Oh, it could be better, so maybe I should have a look if it can be better ventilated somehow. "

10 minutes ago, Pomian said:

Free apps does not require logging into MS account

yeah,  i know but i prefer not using the store, plus i actually can't its dysfunctional as in i can look but not download anything (happy accident, *long story but i won't fix it as i consider that an improvement overall*  : D )

8 minutes ago, Pomian said:

Thank you for your extensive feedback.

By responding to some of them, the data is read, not written. So, apart from the applications freezing each other by trying to access the same protected system levels, there should be no major errors.

As for Interactive Overlay, I am trying to recreate it using DirectX to attach onto processes, much like RivaTuner Statistics, but it still requires a lot of learning and testing from me.

you're welcome! yeah, i see, i mean its intriguing,  one app to replace several, that's the obvious advantage...

as for an overlay style thing, it certainly seems complicated,  i mean many have tried (such as riva tuner) and it always seems to boil down to "make it functional,  looks are secondary..." 

i always think why not just "spawn" several small apps that are each a seperate window, but with a custom outline,  so not a rectangle, but like a watch or gauge or oscilloscope, etc, (kind of like Vista gadgets) with custom opacity and "always stay on top" options ... that way one could make it look really good and easily customizable (yeah I know rainmeter does that,  but its clunky and can be quite the resource hog)

But i don't know how difficult that would actually be, probably a lot,  because no one seems to do it. 

I suppose directX is indeed the way to go for any of this, so good luck with that👍 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

44 minutes ago, Pomian said:

Plus, the Radiograph in the store version has been verified by a Microsoft employee and signed with a digital certificate. It increases the security and certainty of the origin of the application. I believe that these are important aspects.

As I assume you have generated and signed an MSIX package + executables, this could be distributed and installed from outside the MS Store as well.

I've used the same approach for some of the apps I've developed in Delphi for my clients who use enterprise deployment systems. Works nicely 🙂

16 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i always think why not just "spawn" several small apps that are each a seperate window, but with a custom outline,  so not a rectangle, but like a watch or gauge or oscilloscope, etc, (kind of like Vista gadgets) with custom opacity and "always stay on top" options ... that way one could make it look really good and easily customizable (yeah I know rainmeter does that,  but its clunky and can be quite the resource hog)

It can be done with multiple processes, but there are a lot of house keeping to be done, let alone making sure it stays on top of the active surface 🙂

12 minutes ago, b1t5murf said:

As I assume you have generated and signed an MSIX package + executables, this could be distributed and installed from outside the MS Store as well.

I've used the same approach for some of the apps I've developed in Delphi for my clients who use enterprise deployment systems. Works nicely 🙂

No, I didn't sign. Microsoft has signed and is not sharing the certificates outside of the store. If I wanted to sign myself, I would have to buy a certificate and that costs way too much for my Polish salary

4 minutes ago, Pomian said:

If I wanted to sign myself, I would have to buy a certificate and that costs way too much for my Polish salary

Ah, I see. 🙂

Just a tip, KSoftware have reasonably priced OV code signing certificates which works for the majority of code signing tasks.

1 hour ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Would this work on a raspberry pi 4?

Both the interface and the data reading logic were written exclusively for Windows and AMD / Intel processors. So probably not...

22 hours ago, Pomian said:

Free apps does not require logging into MS account. Besides, I think MS store is going in a better direction and Microsoft's opening up it to non-containerized applications only makes more sense. Plus, the Radiograph in the store version has been verified by a Microsoft employee and signed with a digital certificate. It increases the security and certainty of the origin of the application. I believe that these are important aspects.

C:\Desktop>winget install radiograph
The `msstore` source requires that you view the following agreements before using.
Terms of Transaction: https://aka.ms/microsoft-store-terms-of-transaction
The source requires current machine's geographic region to be sent to function properly.

Do you agree to all the source agreements terms?
[Y] Yes  [N] No: y
Found Radiograph [9NH1P86H06CG] Version Unknown
This package is provided through Microsoft Store. winget may need to acquire the package from Microsoft Store on behalf of the current user.
Version: Unknown
Publisher: lepo.co
Publisher Url: https://dev.lepo.co/
Publisher Support Url: https://dev.lepo.co/contact/
Description: Universal tool for managing your computer. Monitoring of temperatures and power consumption, checking the health status of hard drives and the performance of components such as processor or graphics card. All this in one modern application.
License: ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9NH1P86H06CG
Privacy Url: https://dev.lepo.co/privacy
Copyright: Copyright © 2022 lepo.co
Agreements:
Category: Developer tools
Pricing: Free
Free Trial: No
Terms of Transaction: https://aka.ms/microsoft-store-terms-of-transaction
Seizure Warning: https://aka.ms/microsoft-store-seizure-warning
Store License Terms: https://aka.ms/microsoft-store-license

The publisher requires that you view the above information and accept the agreements before installing.
Do you agree to the terms?
[Y] Yes  [N] No: y
Verifying/Requesting package acquisition...
Verifying/Requesting package acquisition failed: no store account found

Where can I download it is there a github? (Sorry if this was answered already.)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

17 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Thanks, Just downloaded it and I am loving it so far!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

On 1/18/2022 at 11:13 AM, Pomian said:

Hi! Today I wanted to share with you my little project that I have been working on since the beginning of my studies. 

It irritates me that monitoring applications are often outdated in terms of appearance, and Asus or Gigabyte applications looks "too gamery". That's why I wanted to do something that looks like a native application, and provides everything in the most convenient interface possible.

And here you can see the effects:

You like this? Maybe you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for feedback 🙂

GUI is nice, straight forward and functional. 

Adding some functionality would be cool, people like to click buttons and something happens. Maybe some fan adjusting for starters, be it gpu, cpu or case fans.

Maybe skin colors and designs as well. Let people have some options to play with.

This needs a lot of work, and understand that this is pretty much Alpha/Beta stages at this point, but it looks good and easy to use. I like it.

Keep up the good work! 👍

Great app, do definitely like the UI. A lot more modern but definitely have some feedback.

Will this application be published on Github? I do wish to check the source code for this. I like programming and would like to see how such applications are made, and try tweaking some stuff myself 🙂

Looking at the license though, I don't think this is going to be open source.

Spoiler

image.png.9a42785501a5289fc8357b864ab6e8fd.png

Is the font set with a static value? I was expecting the font size to go up and decrease with change in window size. I'm on a 1366x768p display here, and the font size looks too small.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f16f9e644b6854e608e96c026eee91a.png

Maximizing does not change anything.

image.thumb.png.79a0f1440749b202b8b67d2742dda57c.png

I don't have the slightest of idea how the UI is designed but if it was CSS I'd use em values instead of px to make the font size adjust with the window size.

Also, for the expanding of dropdowns, I feel an animation like this would look better.

https://codepen.io/timbeckett/pen/PoqbpXL   (CSS Codepen)

The elements in the dropdown are already present, just hovering(clicking in this app) will fade-appear them, and the dropdown then expands over to reveal them. This should look better than going from height: 0 to height 100% for the entire dropdown.

This should have a larger font size IMO.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.67edf6b41701d9ab99b4922564c73c40.png

Lastly, the updating of these stats:

Spoiler

image.png

Would be great if they.. uhm not sure how to describe this.. smoothly went to their new value? This should look a lot better instead of just jumping to the new one.

I found this as an example: https://webdevtrick.com/wp-content/uploads/animated-bar-graphs-javascript.mp4?_=1

So if it's at 20% right now, and the next second it goes to 80, it should smoothly slide to its new position.

Edited by RockSolid1106
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

32 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Great app, do definitely like the UI. A lot more modern but definitely have some feedback.

Will this application be published on Github? I do wish to check the source code for this. I like programming and would like to see how such applications are made, and try tweaking some stuff myself 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9a42785501a5289fc8357b864ab6e8fd.png

Is the font set with a static value? I was expecting the font size to go up and decrease with change in window size. I'm on a 1366x768p display here, and the font size looks too small.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.5f16f9e644b6854e608e96c026eee91a.png

Maximizing does not change anything.

image.thumb.png.79a0f1440749b202b8b67d2742dda57c.png

I don't have the slightest of idea how the UI is designed but if it was CSS I'd use em values instead of px to make the font size adjust with the window size.

Also, for the expanding of dropdowns, I feel an animation like this would look better.

The elements in the dropdown are already present, just hovering(clicking in this app) will fade-appear them, and the dropdown then expands over to reveal them. This should look better than going from height: 0 to height 100% for the entire dropdown.

This should have a larger font size IMO.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.67edf6b41701d9ab99b4922564c73c40.png

Lastly, the updating of these stats:

Hide contents

image.png

Would be great if they.. uhm not sure how to describe this.. smoothly went to their new value? This should look a lot better instead of just jumping to the new one.

I found this as an example: https://webdevtrick.com/wp-content/uploads/animated-bar-graphs-javascript.mp4?_=1

So if it's at 20% right now, and the next second it goes to 80, it should smoothly slide to its new position.

I think you can make the update time faster that might smooth things out

1 hour ago, the gamer that is bad said:

I think you can make the update time faster that might smooth things out

I went to the lowest, 100ms and that still does not come anywhere close to what I thought of.

Edited by RockSolid1106
Removed accidentally added random pictures
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

So it's really Microsoft store exclusive,  no way to get it otherwise?

1 hour ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Will this application be published on Github?

i could also do without the disclaimer and I hope it doesn't auto connect to the internet for "updates" or something. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Thank you for your feedback @RockSOlid1106,

On 1/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, RockSolid1106 said:

The UI library is open-source, and I published it on GitHub:

https://github.com/lepoco/wpfui

The library for reading live data is also open:

https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor

The app is DPI-aware, so it should scale with your system. But I will try to look at the corrections with low resolution

Ui is based on WPF and XAML, not CSS. It's based on vector lines and events/triggers. This is a bit more confusing than CSS. The animations are very demanding in creating, but I work on them and you can follow everything on WPFUI GitHub.

It's possible and I have done it before, but sometimes it caused jumps in the GPU load by drawing several hundred complex geometries per second. I decided that it should jump to new value better than overload the GPU, if I figure out how to do it faster, I will definitely put it as option🙂 

In any case, thank you again for the rich reply, I will definitely include some of them in the new version.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:20 PM, Mark Kaine said:

So it's really Microsoft store exclusive,  no way to get it otherwise?

i could also do without the disclaimer and I hope it doesn't auto connect to the internet for "updates" or something. 

The application uses containers connected with MS Store, so I can track you through M$, and thanks to this:
Know more or less what error popped up, for example:

image.thumb.png.d88ee9a76ff51c5c7522f039c5bfd669.png

...and usage statistics like acquisitions, downloads, demographic.

Except for those features that are just in the MS Store, the app doesn't do any downloads or sends to external servers, as stated in privacy - https://dev.lepo.co/privacy

On 1/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, zogthegreat said:

Verifying/Requesting package acquisition...
Verifying/Requesting package acquisition failed: no store account found

Honestly, I didn't know something like this would pop up in a winget. A regular store just works

image.thumb.png.0564196f642349f3116f739544a19137.png

1 hour ago, Pomian said:

The UI library is open-source, and I published it on GitHub:

https://github.com/lepoco/wpfui

The library for reading live data is also open:

https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor

Why not just open-source the App Itself? I can see that it's made in .NET which means it can be de-compiled back down to a near usable source in a matter of seconds. And While it does Technically violate your Licensing agreement, it's not enforceable so long as it's never redistributed in a directly usable way. the only thing your really preventing is community contributions. This is personally why I will never understand why people use .NET for Proprietary/Closed-Source Solutions.

Regardless it looks nice, I wish we could get similar design styles from Linux Developers.

1 hour ago, Pomian said:

Honestly, I didn't know something like this would pop up in a winget. A regular store just works

image.thumb.png.0564196f642349f3116f739544a19137.png

I used the Microsoft Store and it installed without forcing me to login.

The app is nice, a lot of hard work here.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, Nayr438 said:

I can see that it's made in .NET which means it can be de-compiled back down to a near usable source in a matter of seconds.

Any high-level language (including C and C++) can be decompiled in seconds, just some are harder to read if you don't know how. The fact that .NET CLI-based languages are easier to read does not change much in the context of discovering how what works

This is extremely cool and excellent timing for me! I recently got a new PC and OpenHardwareInfo wasn't measuring my CPU temps. Radiograph looks good and gives me the data I care about. 

I don't know the economics of the Windows App Store, but I'd've probably paid up to 10€ for this app.