Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
Just now, MyInnerFred said:

I knew about Touhou very early into my anime watching career, but I never really paid it any attention. But once I started reading some of the stories and listening to the fan made arrangements I couldn't stop. Lots of Touhou fan made content is very story driven, and is typically grade A stuff(heck they have fan-made anime that rivals animation studio work). 

I'll take it over boatgirls any day.

This artist makes some really good stuff: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dodo#1

TouHou is one of those mega-mythic things you hear through the grapevine on the internet, like Homestuck. No matter where you are, guaranteed you've been touched by something related to TouHou/Homestuck at least once. It's just facts, yo.

5 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

you guys are getting way over my head when it comes to touhou, and kancolle. i dont know shit about them other than its like stupid popular and the fans will shoot you on site lol jk but i dont know shit about either

Thats the point. Their popularity is entirely based on fan made content. Like there is pretty much no reason for them to have become as popular as they have. They are both games with nothing really all that special about them but that hasn't stopped people. Clearly Kancolle's anime has absolutely nothing to do with its popularity and touhou doesn't even have one(other then the fan made episodes).

I don't know why but I have just started to really enjoy the kancolle stuff. And I haven't even played the game(but that will change with the vita release).

And then like fred said the fan made touhou arrangements are insanely good.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

9 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

You mistake my tone for a sober one, yet it dripped with sarcasm. Though this is partially my fault as sarcasm is indeed very hard to read online unless you really cake it up, something I have no motivation to actually do.

Ah. Yeah, it's tough to be sure sometimes, especially if I've got a lot of posts to look over and I'm tired. I suppose that's what emoticons were made for, but they can feel really tacky. :)

6 minutes ago, Jacona said:

I've only read Aria and that came pretty damn close, still haven't watched it though for some reason...

I got through 1/3 through Mushishi's first series a while ago then college started and never got back to it again. The folklore and supernatural stuff was quite interesting. 

Watch it. It's damn soothing in anime format.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Ah. Yeah, it's tough to be sure sometimes, especially if I've got a lot of posts to look over and I'm tired. I suppose that's what emoticons were made for, but they can feel really tacky. :)

Yeah, I'm one of those old fogies who hate emojis. I would rather have reaction GIFs, but this computer is so new I haven't yet had the time to build up a gif library.

42 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

They do. I made maybe four comments in r/anime before I became a ghost and just stuck around like that Michael Jackson popcorn gif.

Here here. I haven't watched nearly as many shows like Lucky Star or No Game No Life, but I would probably just say I have a refined anime taste. I'm a Gurren Lagann fan, the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop fan, Kill La Kill fan, Fooly Cooly fan, and a Samurai Champloo fan, though I will not lie I did really like Beyond the Boundary and a friend of mine is recommending to me Kantai Collection "since [you] love history so much".

Heheh, I've heard it's okay. The only thing keeping me from watching it is my inexperience with those kind of anime, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna get out of something that seems so simple on the tin.

But indeed, thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

31 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

"was going to write something but I got salty and changed my mind" 

@helping

Goddamn it... i hate this forum even more for every little fucking thing,  I @ helping then I forgot what I wanted to write and now I can't remove the damn thing because backspace doesn't work on this effing sack of shit website. 

And yes I'm on mobile so there is no delete, and it wont let me mark it so I can't cut it out. 

Rant temp over. 

Also welcome new guy, hope you'll enjoy your stay... FYI I'm one of the Manga readers around so if you want Manga suggestions just let me know. 

And Im going to stay the fuck away from this place before I try to ha e another nice chat o ly to go mad because this place is broken. 

How_4b31fb_1751802.gif

Blarg

14 minutes ago, Opask said:

Thats the point. Their popularity is entirely based on fan made content. Like there is pretty much no reason for them to have become as popular as they have. They are both games with nothing really all that special about them but that hasn't stopped people. Clearly Kancolle's anime has absolutely nothing to do with its popularity and touhou doesn't even have one(other then the fan made episodes).

I don't know why but I have just started to really enjoy the kancolle stuff. And I haven't even played the game(but that will change with the vita release).

And then like fred said the fan made touhou arrangements are insanely good.

One of the reasons Touhou became so popular was because the source content made by ZUN was imperfect. He made good music(the music had good composition but it was all just synth cords because of limitations) and a fun bullet hell game but his art was horrible. Then people stepped in and made fan art, music arrangements... and that grew bigger and bigger and now it's one of the biggest fandoms on the internet. You find cameo's in all types of nooks and cranny's, heck Suika even made it onto live TV not too long ago. 

Musiccccc

Listen to this and tell me that, that doesn't sound epic.

EDIT: Dam now I'm going to go on a binge...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

seems like you like to live dangerously. 

Why yes, I do like to live dangerously.

56b957f71cfa7_livedangerously.jpg.aa481c

1 hour ago, helping said:

Jeez, maybe stop taking melatonin? If you supplement your body with hormones it's not going to make as much on it's own. I think melatonin can form dependencies.

It can and yes, your body produces less naturally after taking it for too long. I don't take it often though, only when I have a lot of trouble sleeping, so I figured this counted. :P

I started at 9mg (average recommended amount) at the beginning of the week and kept increasing when it didn't help. Never worked.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

13 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Watch it. It's damn soothing in anime format.

Hopefully I get out of this drought soon, haven't watched anything since last season. 

Only been reading obscure and random shit. 

spring is coming and that means yay my insomnia is back.

its 3am and i dont fucking know what to do.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just now, brownninja97 said:

spring is coming and that means yay my insomnia is back.

its 3am and i dont fucking know what to do.

Hello there, fellow insomniac. Might I suggest some idle chit-chat for the time being?

@helping

Plex Media Server latest version (Version 0.9.15.2) has a "optimize versions" function.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/214079318-Media-Optimizer-Overview

I wonder if I can use it to permanently transcode something into something else. So, like, optimize a file for best possible quality, then delete the original and keep the "optimization". 

Probably doesn't do what I'd hoped though (auto-transcode things into better versions or file formats). Or maybe it does. Who knows?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

18 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

Yeah, I'm one of those old fogies who hate emojis. I would rather have reaction GIFs, but this computer is so new I haven't yet had the time to build up a gif library.

I've been around since the BBS days, so I got used to smileys (especially on IRC). Nothing fancy, just a bit of a tip that I'm being sarcastic, poking fun, etc. I never got into the annoying or cellphone style stuff.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

I've been around since the BBS days, so I got used to smileys (especially on IRC). Nothing fancy, just a bit of a tip that I'm being sarcastic, poking fun, etc. I never got into the annoying or cellphone style stuff.

I see, and yeah I'm with you there on that later comment. When needed, I like to used the old emoticons, yet when i just tried to typed out a few they auto-formatted to their emoji form, and I gave up very quickly after three tries.

14 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

Hello there, fellow insomniac. Might I suggest some idle chit-chat for the time being?

ive decided to grind out some VNs

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Visual novels, most likely.

Ah yes, that would make sense. Remember how I said I had such a "refined taste"?? Hahahahah

@MyInnerFred

Discord info plx

>in the middle of rebuilding my Debian install... again.

>created a gpg key pair, woo security I'll never need or use

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just now, Vitalius said:

@MyInnerFred

Discord info plx

>in the middle of rebuilding my Debian install... again.

>created a gpg key pair, woo security I'll never need or use

Ask and you shall receive. 

https://discord.gg/0l79kqWcHsbtXvCm

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

37 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

@helping

Plex Media Server latest version (Version 0.9.15.2) has a "optimize versions" function.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/214079318-Media-Optimizer-Overview

I wonder if I can use it to permanently transcode something into something else. So, like, optimize a file for best possible quality, then delete the original and keep the "optimization". 

Probably doesn't do what I'd hoped though (auto-transcode things into better versions or file formats). Or maybe it does. Who knows?

...says @wolfgang tagged me, he didn't tag, you tag me, no notif.

okay

And no, the optimization is most likely for metadata and library structure information and such.

I wouldn't want Plex to convert down my entire library anyway l:

The T300 is actually super nice. It's really wide tho, makes it kinda take some getting used to because it's like holding a stack of papers in your hand instead of a normal tablet. Has significant weight to it.

Only minor annoyance... the keyboard falls asleep, lol. You have to wake it up and wait a second before using it after not touching it for a while.

Also interesting observation on the differences. You never notice how teal blue is when you have F.lux installed until you have a comparison.

Spoiler

3eWyZBb.jpg

Error: 410

7 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

most of the people who posts links here are not trolls, well other than @Toddwjp every now and then. people are cool here

I cant even remember the last time i linked anything

16 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Can't live without f.lux, not too fussy or picky about color accuracy to be honest. 

31 minutes ago, helping said:

Also interesting observation on the differences. You never notice how teal blue is when you have F.lux installed until you have a comparison.

Reveal hidden contents

3eWyZBb.jpg

I would rather burn my retinas then used flux to be honest.

But I have themed my whole ui to be dark so I guess I never get bothered by the blue light coming off of whites.

helping here is a cool thing I saw someone do on an thinkpad x220t(might be a x230t) I assume he never actually uses the physical keyboard.

9vyAhn3.png

No thats not OSX its arch or gentoo if I recall correctly.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.