Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
19 hours ago, Ruostunut kokis said:

Can either of you two show / describe how's that messenger bag, how well does it fair in real world use, how rugged it is and was it pricey?

Just curious... I may have a bit too many bags at the moment, so not looking to get another...

Sounds interesting... to say at least...

https://www.peakdesign.com/the-everyday-messenger

I havent used it much because its my light Traveling bag that i can have my DSLR in, i have a Think Tank sling o matic 30 (...or was it 20?) as well where i have my Camera gear all the time, and its my dedicated traveling Camera bag, but if i want to go light i use my Messenger bag, afterall, no point taking everything if i dont need everything right? :P

21 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

i keep meaning to watch dagashi and a few other anime but then @KRImSIN got me addicted to rainbow six siege >.> thx buddy 

56b988ec02bc2_shockintruth.gif.6edfe90cc

Siege looks fun with people, unlike Division. "cough" 
Might buy it one day if my friends are interested, i se no point otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

Siege looks fun with people, unlike Division. "cough" 
Might buy it one day if my friends are interested, i se no point otherwise. 

Seems to be the way most games are heading lately. online with other people or worthless. no singleplayer.

@Vitalius

44d12bae4b.png

Blarg

7 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Seems to be the way most games are heading lately. online with other people or worthless. no singleplayer.

@Vitalius

44d12bae4b.png

just curious, how long you been folding to get that far and whats your ppd if you dont mind me asking

FaH.jpg.86180893f51a7b03ed450c51dddcb8d6

Though i havent been folding for a while, like since i got my Bender badge months ago lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

15 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

@Vitalius

44d12bae4b.png

Soon+muru+muru+s+transformation+after+yu

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11691367/Throwing-biscuit-is-a-violent-crime-say-police.html

Slightly more off topic then usual but its a great read. typical british people taking the piss

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

50 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

just curious, how long you been folding to get that far and whats your ppd if you dont mind me asking

FaH.jpg.86180893f51a7b03ed450c51dddcb8d6

Though i havent been folding for a while, like since i got my Bender badge months ago lol

Total time about 6 months. But I only fold during the winter. First winter was with a 270x and this winter with the 980ti.

36 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Soon+muru+muru+s+transformation+after+yu

b68065cd07f9b41824f7e15ed3d89afb.jpg

Blarg

10 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

The guy who makes the most sense is usually the first one to die lol.

Spoiler

FWbAYVk.png

You can't let yourself be held back by common sense.

6 hours ago, CatCloud said:

https://www.peakdesign.com/the-everyday-messenger

I havent used it much because its my light Traveling bag that i can have my DSLR in, i have a Think Tank sling o matic 30 (...or was it 20?) as well where i have my Camera gear all the time, and its my dedicated traveling Camera bag, but if i want to go light i use my Messenger bag, afterall, no point taking everything if i dont need everything right? :P

For that price, that bag better be durable as hell, be modular and have a ton of space...

Most I have ever spent on a bag is 20€. Now starting to favor older stuff without decals, instead of the newer bags, which often make you a walking billboard due to their decals. I just prefer their lower price and their looks.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

"twitch twitch"

Did someone mention folding?

5 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Total time about 6 months. But I only fold during the winter. First winter was with a 270x and this winter with the 980ti.

That is some serious power you got there, will catch up in a few years at that rate :D

awdawdawdd.JPG.656bd2eb8fbd4fc6f77bd09b5

19 minutes ago, tobben said:

"twitch twitch"

That is some serious power you got there, will catch up in a few years at that rate :D

grins

flips switch under tables

you feel rumbling which stops as suddenly as it starts

I start making more points than there are to make.

/kek

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 hour ago, tobben said:

"twitch twitch"

I will have a 770 working overtime also if it ever comes back from evga. But it will take a while to catch up to that point.

Blarg

9 hours ago, Vitalius said:
9 hours ago, Vitalius said:

@Opask

@Opask

I feel dirty now. I tried installing Steam on Debian (since I had to reinstall again

.... If this happens again, I'm just going to do Arch.

To be fair steam only supports Ubuntu so you have to rely on whoever packaged it for Debian to have done it correctly.

But I'm having my own problems right now. Last night I went to restart X becuase I hadn't done it in 4 days and felt like freeing up some ram. So I dropped to a tty and it just hangs when I run startx. Like everything locks up. I have know idea what's causing it because I haven't updateded anything since the last time I started X and I don't think I've changed anything. 

@BashZeStampeedo

All the logs are pointing to systemd. Systemd-logind is trying to grab input devices from libinput and failing.

>what does a bootloader have to do with starting an xserver

No idea.

>what does a login service have to do with input devices
No clue.

I do know that X isn't at fault because I haven't updated it since I installed because catalyst doesn't work with newer versions. Oh and systemd doesn't create any nice log files like a normal program you have to use the journalctl to view its crap. Which in the 15 secs it takes me to boot, login, and hang X creates over 1000 lines of info. Of which none of it is relevant to systemd-logind trying to grab input devices from X.

I think it might be time to jump ship to gentoo. I think it would be more effort then its worth to try and remove systemd from arch becuase half the programs on arch need systemd services now.

Spoiler

Seriously fuck this forum on mobile. It crashed 10 times when I was trying to type this. I couldn't remove the screwed up vitalius quote and I couldn't tag bash properly. Oh and like I have said before this is the only site that crashes my browser. Literally nothing else. And I wish I was exaggerating any part of this rant about the forum. Because yes it actually crashed 10 times.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Focusing on single story helped black lagoon quite a lot. Second season is so much better story wise.
First season was all over the place.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

29 minutes ago, Opask said:

All the logs are pointing to systemd. Systemd-logind is trying to grab input devices from libinput and failing.

I think it might be time to jump ship to gentoo. I think it would be more effort then its worth to try and remove systemd from arch becuase half the programs on arch need systemd services now.

Ouch. Usually Arch is pretty good at making sure things work before they release them, so that's disappointing to hear.

I'm still happy with Gentoo. Just prepare for the usual bombardment of learning exercises.

30 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I'm still happy with Gentoo. Just prepare for the usual bombardment of learning exercises.

Shouldn't be too bad. It won't be nearly as hard as going from something based 90% on the GUI to something based on the command line. The only things will be learning a bit about portage and setting build time flags and options. If I can't figure out the issues I'm having tonight then I will probably switch.

-------

The mobile site everyone:

Spoiler

lrt2mkY.jpg

I just... wow.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

Focusing on single story helped black lagoon quite a lot. Second season is so much better story wise.
First season was all over the place.

That's one right way to do it imo.

You show different aspects of these crazy people's crazy lives to show you what they deal with on a regular basis and who they are.

Then once you are invested in them, you go deep into one specific story event to show off details about their characters that you wouldn't easily get to see with a brief overview of a lot of different events. 

† Christian Member †

13 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

You show different aspects of these crazy people's crazy lives to show you what they deal with on a regular basis and who they are.

Then once you are invested in them, you go deep into one specific story event to show off details about their characters that you wouldn't easily get to see with a brief overview of a lot of different events. 

You just have to be careful to not make the idea of them cooler than the execution. Especially with mysterious elements; if you don't slowly reveal those in bits and pieces, then by the time you finally "drop the bomb" then it will almost certainly be disappointing compared to all the hype and buildup.

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

I will have a 770 working overtime also if it ever comes back from evga. But it will take a while to catch up to that point.

Oh im coming as well lol... 980ti OP lol jumped like 50 ranks in a span of 8 hours lol. 

Also imma attempt to add my 280 to my system but idk if nvidia and amd play well together when folding. I seen a thread where someone did it so imma attempt it. Though in the summer im adding another 980ti anyway. My goal is to hit 1 million ppd. I refuse to use cpu folding. Def  not worth it imo only like 50k a day

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

no thanks

If its the one im thinking of then doesnt it have like a sick af sword battle at the end?

@valdyrgramr Or are you refering to a different one lol havent watch that show in a long min lol (the shishio battle.) May be another movie lol idk

1 hour ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Oh im coming as well lol... 980ti OP lol jumped like 50 ranks in a span of 8 hours lol. 

Also imma attempt to add my 280 to my system but idk if nvidia and amd play well together when folding. I seen a thread where someone did it so imma attempt it. Though in the summer im adding another 980ti anyway. My goal is to hit 1 million ppd. I refuse to use cpu folding. Def  not worth it imo only like 50k a day

That will happen for a little while. Then it will take longer and longer to move only 2 ranks.

With two 980ti you should be at about 1 million a day. I would have a 270x in there also but a friend is using it.

Blarg

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wanna watch a trainwreck of 3 plots at once?  Watch the first live action Rurouni Kenshin film.

I might just do that!

2 hours ago, Vitalius said:

Good point you have there, but I think I would have enjoyed series more overall if first season had a similar structure. I can only guess though.
After watching first season I though "would be cool if they would have expanded on Roberta's story". Next morning I found out that they actually did it. :P

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

- live action -

NEVER AGAIN DB LIVE ACTION MOVIE :D /jk but seriously if YOU have seen this you will understand me.

dragonball-evolution-movie-poster-2009-1

(Just found out how to put picture in this new LTT forum xD)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Guys don't ask me but I am now almost on the newest FT episode ..( up to date on One Piece)

I might actually continue watching Naruto Shippuuden and this

The reason behind this? I like to watch anime when I eat. Anime = normal tv shows which usually are more crap than good. (at least in Finland) /srry hope no one ft, one piece, naruto shippuuden fan isn't offended :c

Basically I need anime when I eat breakfast:D

Is Gintama a "good" long anime?

I summon thy @BashZeStampeedo @Pandalf @brownninja97@JuztBe@valdyrgramr@wolfgang@Opask@MyInnerFred@Charger@Vitalius@That_Random_Guy

srry to bother you:D

Good long anime? like at least 80+ episodes or sth. Yea, yea I'm going to finish something something -gatari and watch the new season and mushishi ^_^

edit: Going to sleep . . . zzz

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

21 minutes ago, Typho said:

NEVER AGAIN DB LIVE ACTION MOVIE :D /jk but seriously if YOU have seen this you will understand me.

Lawl, that movie was terrible xD

also can anyone recommend me 3 display port cables... preferably $12 or less...(already passed my budget without the cables) need a 10ft, and 2x 6 ft cables. can i pick the cheapest i can find on amazon? apparently the monitors come with dvi and hdmi but no displayport which is like retarded lol. it has the ports on the monitor. Reason i need them is my 980ti has 3 dp ports and 1 dvi and 1 hdmi. I've never done a 3-4 monitor setup before so idk if i need active cables and whatnot. BTW what is an active cable? whats its purpose? lol