Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
4 minutes ago, Typho said:

Is Gintama a "good" long anime?

If you like comical references to other Shounen Jump manga and such, plus a relatively fun cast of dumb jerks taking shots at each other, toilet humor, and some jabs at otaku culture and such, then Gintama is fine as a brash comedy. It also has a few arcs here and there that are more serious (though they tend to also be paying homage or doing parodies at the same time). It starts off a bit slow, and after a hundred episodes or so you've seen pretty much all it has to offer, though it's still a fun enough watch to keep watching even once it starts dragging. If you're not into it's kind of humor you'll probably find out quickly, though I had to watch a good dozen episodes to be sure (and I'm still working through it very slowly).

13 minutes ago, Typho said:

In addition to what BashZeStempeedo's post i'd like to add.

Short answer? yes. Long answer? Yes. Other answer? Yes. 

More answers? yes.

Mostly episodic junk humor with some serious arcs now and

then, sometimes the two blend together. Gintama is very 

entertaining if nothing else.  

I think it has taken a turn for the worse lately, relying too 

much on the cliches. But you don't have to worry about 

that for another 200-300 episodes.

13 minutes ago, Typho said:

Guys don't ask me but I am now almost on the newest FT episode ..( up to date on One Piece)

I might actually continue watching Naruto Shippuuden and this

The reason behind this? I like to watch anime when I eat. Anime = normal tv shows which usually are more crap than good. (at least in Finland) /srry hope no one ft, one piece, naruto shippuuden fan isn't offended :c

Basically I need anime when I eat breakfast:D

I summon thy @BashZeStampeedo @Pandalf @brownninja97@JuztBe@valdyrgramr@wolfgang@Opask@MyInnerFred@Charger@Vitalius@That_Random_Guy

srry to bother you:D

Good long anime? like at least 80+ episodes or sth. Yea, yea I'm going to finish something something -gatari and watch the new season and mushishi ^_^

I really like gintama. At places it's way too cheesy and jokes are annoying(at places - quite a big part to be fair), but sometimes my stomach was hurting from how much I was laughing.
It can be serious as well. Those arcs witch were made in to movie like format are really good looking from shonen perspective.
Though I started with the most recent season and went backwards. S7>S6>S5 . Next up is S4 in my watch list. 

I have not seen any other 80+ episode anime. Expect for Dragon ball I guess.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

1 hour ago, Typho said:

Guys don't ask me but I am now almost on the newest FT episode ..( up to date on One Piece)

I might actually continue watching Naruto Shippuuden and this

The reason behind this? I like to watch anime when I eat. Anime = normal tv shows which usually are more crap than good. (at least in Finland) /srry hope no one ft, one piece, naruto shippuuden fan isn't offended :c

Basically I need anime when I eat breakfast:D

I summon thy @BashZeStampeedo @Pandalf @brownninja97@JuztBe@valdyrgramr@wolfgang@Opask@MyInnerFred@Charger@Vitalius@That_Random_Guy

Good long anime? like at least 80+ episodes or sth. Yea, yea I'm going to finish something something -gatari and watch the new season and mushishi ^_^

edit: Going to sleep . . . zzz

Rurouni Kenshin, naruto, bleach, d gray man ( but its a trap since it was never finished although the manga has started back up and I have heard something about the anime)

1 hour ago, Typho said:

edit: Going to sleep . . . zzz

The manga was really good so id like to say yes

Steve

Not sure if this was posted already or not, looks pretty hype though.

(If you don't know, it's by the same guy who did One Punch Man, different studio this time.)

Berserk's anime doesn't fully encompass the whole story, I've figured that out, however is it worth getting the 300+ volumes that wikipedia has listed for it?

There's no way all the arcs can be as good right?

Either way I need to see the ending of the anime (although in manga form I suppose since it's unfinished) because where they left off was absolutely horrid

Shipping sucks

5 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Berserk's anime doesn't fully encompass the whole story, I've figured that out, however is it worth getting the 300+ volumes that wikipedia has listed for it?

There's no way all the arcs can be as good right?

Either way I need to see the ending of the anime (although in manga form I suppose since it's unfinished) because where they left off was absolutely horrid

If it means anything, it is #1 on MAL (manga section)

How is the anime? I watched 2 episodes and liked it, but I have a lot of stuff on my list so I'm wondering if I should watch it next.

7 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

because where they left off was absolutely horrid

Yep sounds like most anime that don't finish the story... almost as if it is intentional.

2 hours ago, tobben said:

-snip-

So... got a question for you.

Is the whole "manually breaking text into short paragraphs" thing each mod just adopted from the other, or do you guys use something that requires it and it just slowly spread into your normal forum habits?

I believe Alpen was the first one I saw doing it, but I don't know.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

insert random imgur link because I don't trust being able to post it on the forum and have it display correctly in a spoiler 

http://i.imgur.com/aXsoAG1.png

Humorous. Testing (Because why not?):

aXsoAG1.png

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

11 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

So... got a question for you.

Is the whole "manually breaking text into short paragraphs" thing each mod just adopted from the other, or do you guys use something that requires it and it just slowly spread into your normal forum habits?

I believe Alpen was the first one I saw doing it, but I don't know.

haha, well. Honestly, i adopted it from Alpen, just because he made me realize

how nice it is to read compared to full lines. But that was probably a good two

years ago or something along those lines.

Just a personal preference. I just think it looks nicer and it easier to read. some

of the mods are involved with coding and such. Maybe that is where they have

the habit from if they are doing it aswell.

I think this is partially the reason why the text box is now center aligned and 

much smaller aswell, simply because the old lines were laughably long. 

so apparently with bb&t you can set up a credit card with the front being a full picture covering the card(i didnt know about that)..... Very tempted to do an anime themed card lol, though idk if ill do it or not. Being a closet otaku will go pretty much out the window lol

the f***... valid image types. jpeg, png, or formatted gif.... um wot, curious on how a gif will work on a card lol.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

9 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Humorous. Testing (Because why not?):

Hidden Content

Last time I embedded a long image it shrank it so much that is was completely useless and unviewable 

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

There are some movies that tie into it like the egg one.  They went the route of making movies that are there to explain more that they didn't cover.  The reason animes don't always finish to the full extent of the manga is due to funding.  Not every manga can go the route of Dragonball to the point Tori is getting tired of it.  The man wanted to end it on Cell, but nope.  Begging for more and more.  It's also why one of the 2 guys who made the Tenchi OVA off some light novels became a recluse.

well it also helps sell the manga so there is that as well.

37 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The man wanted to end it on Cell, but nope.

Just so ya know, he wanted to end it at Frieza. He just wanted to end it more at Cell.

How do I know he wanted to end it at Frieza? The signs were all there.

• Frieza was everything Tori feared.
  • He was the first true planet destroyer (Vegeta talked a big game about Earth but never actually blew a planet up; the anime portion where he does it to the bug planet was 100% filler) and threat to the universe at large.
  • Power levels got out of control and exponential at this point. This is where they started meaning nothing. Frieza was millions, where the strongest at the start of the saga was 22,000 or wtv. Where sensing and hiding power became ubiquitous once everyone got the hang of it (starting with Vegeta) who didn't before.
  • The saga ended in a beautifully sad way, but with most loose ends being tied up. Examples are the following:
    • We found out what King Piccolo/Kami really was and where the Dragon Balls (what the whole story is centered around) came from/how they got their abilities.
    • We found out where Goku came from.
    • Goku died as savior of the universe (ignoring what happened after, Frieza was the ultimate evil to the universe had it ended there), basically killing the devil (i mean really, look at frieza and tell me he doesn't look demonic in many of his forms).
    • The dragon balls became innert (due to death of kami n such), again, the things the whole story is mainly about (or was, until after this saga, where they became purely a plot device).
    • Krillin died (this was the beginning of the "everyone who dies gets revived again" repetition). Dude was with Goku through everything. His death was meant to have that kind of impact. Then it became "lol krillin died again".
    • The series was called Dragon Ball Z for the animeAs in, an or the end. Or an epilogue. Which is what Frieza's saga was to the story of kid Goku and the dragon balls.
    • Goku literally came back from the dead after training with other-god-guy to defeat ultimate evil guy. A thing that usually happens at the end of a story.

IMO, it was the best possible ending. It made the most sense (within it's universe ofc) while giving a bitter-sweet but happy ending (my favorite kind).

People may disagree, but I think it was basically all there. 

Then there was Cell, where Goku was supposed to pass on role of main protagonist to Gohan. Which would've been really interesting imo, but no. The fans love Goku too much. sigh

31 minutes ago, Charger said:

Last time I embedded a long image it shrank it so much that is was completely useless and unviewable 

It's all a learning game at this point.

† Christian Member †

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

He wanted to end it at Cell, but Freiza was where he wanted to end it as a huge bad guy thing.  Freiza did mean more to him, though.  The reason he wanted to add more was not for Goku, but he wanted to display Gohan more.

IMO, anyone who says "He did it for [this or that] reason.", and [this or that] isn't "because Shounen Jump wanted more money and Japanese business society is as it is." is probably incorrect.

But that's just my opinion. If he gave that explicitly as a reason for continuing the story, ok. Saying your boss or friend wanted more money isn't something a Japanese person would directly say. Their culture is weird like that.

But also saying money had nothing to do with a decision involving the continuation of one of the most popular series in Japan is silly imo.

† Christian Member †

Just now, Jacona said:

A true introvert. 

Hide contents

f4176a49e4259fc0aabef9c84393d873.png

that is so adorable. dat face

my moe meter is at full for the day. gratzi

† Christian Member †

2 hours ago, BLJohnFreeman said:

If it means anything, it is #1 on MAL (manga section)

How is the anime? I watched 2 episodes and liked it, but I have a lot of stuff on my list so I'm wondering if I should watch it next.

I can't explain to you how excellently done the majority of it is.

The amount of moments during the last 10+ episodes that you spend connecting small things to other small things that happened beforehand is amazing.

It cuts alot of the bullshit out unlike alot of shows I watch, but it does have its stereotypical moments at times.

It's one of my favorites

Shipping sucks

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

There are some movies that tie into it like the egg one.  They went the route of making movies that are there to explain more that they didn't cover.  The reason animes don't always finish to the full extent of the manga is due to funding.  Not every manga can go the route of Dragonball to the point Tori is getting tired of it.  The man wanted to end it on Cell, but nope.  Begging for more and more.  It's also why one of the 2 guys who made the Tenchi OVA off some light novels became a recluse.

Idon't know if that sounds right; there are over 300 volumes of berserk, and only 26 episodes

And don't get me started on the movies, they leave out alot of the character development and added in that god awful cgi (Graphics don't mean much I know [actually I think they do...] but my point is that they made it look worse and cut out the characters involvement with each other quite a bit)

Shipping sucks

2 hours ago, Charger said:

Yep sounds like most anime that don't finish the story... almost as if it is intentional.

What are you implying?

I haven't watched alot of anime, this and naruto were my starters (polar opposites, but to each their own) so you can see how my view is limited :/

Shipping sucks

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

What are you implying?

I haven't watched alot of anime, this and naruto were my starters (polar opposites, but to each their own) so you can see how my view is limited :/

I'm implying that a lot of anime tends to end in cliff hangers where the manga keeps going which may be in hopes of selling more of the manga.