Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
8 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

bro, dd conv=sparse if=<thing> of=<otherthing>

It basically compresses all deleted files as if they were 0's.

https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/dd-invocation.html

i.e. any NUL blocks will be skipped by default, but recorded that they were skipped (so the filesystem is still aware of how big it should be and such)

In theory anyway. I'll test it soon(TM).

Also, @colonel_mortis Since you're already here (or will be), is there any way to fix the (TM) -> ™ thingie?

Oh right that's what the command was. Oh well. Doesn't matter anyways. That's probably going to get deleted after I steal my dotfiles if this gentoo install goes well.

I tried to fix the problem I was having but systemd's log thing doesn't provide enough info and its o ly going to get worse if I stick with it. May as well jump ship now.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

@Vitalius

I got a question, I notice you have the g502. Do you have the scroll wheel locked or do you keep it on freespin? I keep mine on freespin and every now and then on random webpages my screen scrolls down and up (repetitively for a few seconds) like it scrolls 1 click down and one click up over and over for like a second. does yours do this?

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

@Vitalius

I got a question, I notice you have the g502. Do you have the scroll wheel locked or do you keep it on freespin? I keep mine on freespin and every now and then on random webpages my screen scrolls down and up (repetitively for a few seconds) like it scrolls 1 click down and one click up over and over for like a second. does yours do this?

I only freespin it when I need to scroll far.

I imagine it is actually spinning. so very low friction n such.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just now, Vitalius said:

I only freespin it when I need to scroll far.

I imagine it is actually spinning. so very low friction n such.

yea i figured its moving a slight amount when im moving the mouse and thats whats causing it, since i can lock it and get no problems. I just love the free spin so much, i mainly lock it in games.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 hour ago, That_Random_Guy said:

yea i figured its moving a slight amount when im moving the mouse and thats whats causing it, since i can lock it and get no problems. I just love the free spin so much, i mainly lock it in games.

my mx master auto freespins of i scroll fast :P i can change how fast i have to spin for it to do it and such or lock it on or off with the button on the mouse. friggin love this mouse so far

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

5 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

um... definitely one of the weirder things you've posted lately lol. kinda cool and interesting but weird.

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

um... definitely one of the weirder things you've posted lately lol. kinda cool and interesting but weird.

Well, I assume an anime club is basically interested in all things Japan. Even if it's a strange story about what happens to Yakuza members after they quit and cut their pinky off.

This. .... Is real....

Ca0oTdnXIAI56oq.png

The Huffington Post is flabbergasted at Trump winning. So amazed that they not only broke their website's design layout, but that their stuff now looks like it should be in a 1999 browser... Oh, I'll just post the picture.

wsijfS4.png

They seriously can't even.

† Christian Member †

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

Well, I assume an anime club is basically interested in all things Japan. Even if it's a strange story about what happens to Yakuza members after they quit and cut their pinky off.

calling us weeaboos lol. jk it isnt necessarily them quitting but from mistakes they've made. that may include quitting but from what i gathered, it is if they made a mistake in their group. 

3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

calling us weeaboos lol. jk it isnt necessarily them quitting but from mistakes they've made. that may include quitting but from what i gathered, it is if they made a mistake in their group. 

... well no. How do you think a Yakuza would look at another Yakuza if they were wearing a pinkie prosthetic after cutting it off? I feel like that'd be taken very disagreeably.

I'm pretty sure only ex-Yakuza would get the prosthetic, and odds are, they lost the pinkie to leave.

JUkfJcU.jpg

humorous and factual. me gusta.

† Christian Member †

3 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

... well no. How do you think a Yakuza would look at another Yakuza if they were wearing a pinkie prosthetic after cutting it off? I feel like that'd be taken very disagreeably.

I'm pretty sure only ex-Yakuza would get the prosthetic, and odds are, they lost the pinkie to leave.

It was saying that 45% of them had severed digits so i would assume that not 45% have left but have did something they shouldnt have within the group. I dont disagree with you though(having a fake finger in the group would very likely be looked down on), but i was suggesting that they lost the finger before leaving the yakuza(not losing a finger to leave). I think what i said was sorta taken a different way from your perspective, or we were thinking different things lol. very likely the later of the 2.

1 minute ago, That_Random_Guy said:

-similarthinking-

Probs.

ABC_morton_salt_jef_141230_16x9_992.jpg

People so salty over Trump winning New Hampshire (apparently).

@CatCloud

Dude. What's up with your country? They high? Particularly your supreme court.

"Started from the bottom now we're somehow lower." - Fine Bros. Entertainment (this seriously made me lol) Why this came up was sad tho...

Here's a baby sword fish (so tinyyyy ~jiiiii):

12654101_10154050847357518_3894864313656

† Christian Member †

2 hours ago, Vitalius said:

JUkfJcU.jpg

humorous and factual. me gusta.

I'm pretty sure one doesn't loose just their finger when leaving... Just like with many organized crime syndicates, the only way to leave by their standards, is by death. Which is why ex-members try to hide from them if possible.

That being said, a lot of ex-Yakuza have had yubitsume done to them (act of cutting their finger off), since a lot of ex-Yakuza were low-ranking members; apparently higher ranked members don't need to do that, they simply go down in rank. Guessing it might be to keep newcomers and less experienced members in-line...

Though, whether or not this is true can be questionable, the more likely people to quit are said lower-ranked members. The rest are more likely to just continue their career.

2 hours ago, CatCloud said:

@Vitalius
No comment, i dont follow what any of those idiots are doing.

Only a matter of time until it spreads throughout Europe...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

6 hours ago, Vitalius said:

@colonel_mortis

Just saying. Is this a thing now? Quoting something that has a mention in it re-notifies the quotee?

Also, 

/topkek

I personally think a banned user shouldn't be listed for a mention, but that's just me.

It is supposed to exclude mentions that are in quotes, though I can see where it might potentially not work. Can you link one of the posts where you got mention notifications from a quote? I would like to test my hypothesis.

I will look into excluding banned members.

HTTP/2 203

12654656_590342084446307_358251114658166

I wake up to this...........

tbh im just happy that i actually fell asleep, after around 60 hours it really becomes hard to exist like a reasonable human being

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It is supposed to exclude mentions that are in quotes, though I can see where it might potentially not work. Can you link one of the posts where you got mention notifications from a quote? I would like to test my hypothesis.

This is the offending post:

18 hours ago, Typho said:

† Christian Member †

Well I know a lot of you who use Steam (who doesn't);) Have seen this Arslan: The Warriors of Legend 

But if you have skipped the game advertises which Steam sends when you log in then you might not knowxD

That animation though :D

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

vitalius' post that I quoted below tagged me for that quote again.

25 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

yep it tagged me again lol

28 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Yeah, I've figured out what was causing it, and have reported it to IPS. It's a reasonably easy fix for them, but it might take a few months for them to fix it based on their track record.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah, I've figured out what was causing it, and have reported it to IPS. It's a reasonably easy fix for them, but it might take a few months for them to fix it based on their track record.

May I ask what is going on xD?

I have read like every single post but I don't really get what is happening ^_^

Something wrong with the tagging thingy?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Just now, Typho said:

May I ask what is going on xD?

I have read like every single post but I don't really get what is happening ^_^

Something wrong with the tagging thingy?

If the post has more than one quote in it, their checks to see if the mention is inside a quote or not are failing because of the way that the library that they're using treats them. It therefore doesn't realise that it's inside a quote, and sends a notification.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

If the post has more than one quote in it, their checks to see if the mention is inside a quote or not are failing because of the way that the library that they're using treats them. It therefore doesn't realise that it's inside a quote, and sends a notification.

So what you're saying is ... IPS doesn't understand what "beta testing" is? I mean... honestly. This is a bug that should've almost certainly came up in wtv testing they did do. Unless they changed something after testing mentions with quotes that broke it, but usually that'd mandate more testing of potentially affected features.

I know we are stuck with IPB, but honestly, I think very lowly of their software and development atm. Of course that means little since I'm not a developer and don't understand that life/process well. but two cents and all.

† Christian Member †

I'm liking the the earth 2 storyline in the flash

Also for giving earth 2 a unique look

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Too much crack involved in To Loveru.  Did that  guy just cry rainbows?!

Your not seriously watching that show are you? lol