Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

pretty much everyone here acknowledges that their taste and everyone elses is shit so you can say you like boku no pico and noone would judge. actually they proabably would but any other anime and you should be good lol they just like to test you on why you like the show

They do. I made maybe four comments in r/anime before I became a ghost and just stuck around like that Michael Jackson popcorn gif.

Just now, Jacona said:

I'm a filthy anime casual and proud of it. 

Here here. I haven't watched nearly as many shows like Lucky Star or No Game No Life, but I would probably just say I have a refined anime taste. I'm a Gurren Lagann fan, the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop fan, Kill La Kill fan, Fooly Cooly fan, and a Samurai Champloo fan, though I will not lie I did really like Beyond the Boundary and a friend of mine is recommending to me Kantai Collection "since [you] love history so much".

Just now, wolfgang said:

What? you have never seen Lucky star? You horrible person. 

I kid. I have not seen it either.

welcome.

Heheh, I've heard it's okay. The only thing keeping me from watching it is my inexperience with those kind of anime, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna get out of something that seems so simple on the tin.

But indeed, thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

3 minutes ago, helping said:

harem route is undeniably the best.

Singular loyalty is one of the many things that makes a relationship special.

tumblr_lzi3flkuub1qmpg90o1_500.gif

tumblr_myp77ndait1rr56cmo1_500.gif

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

They do. I made maybe four comments in r/anime before I became a ghost and just stuck around like that Michael Jackson popcorn gif.

But indeed, thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

>am eating popcorn atm

>accurate description of the situation

QdGYS8.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

3 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

something something..... Beyond the Boundary... something something lol

My man.... lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

>am eating popcorn atm

>accurate description of the situation

The guy who makes the most sense is usually the first one to die lol.

FWbAYVk.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

The guy who makes the most sense is usually the first one to die lol.

Yeah. How else do you expect everyone else to die when he's making so much sense.

I wonder what the electrical conductivity of this butter on my fingers is. I'm hoping it won't short circuit my keyboard.

† Christian Member †

4 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

I'm a Gurren Lagann fan, the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop fan, Kill La Kill fan, Fooly Cooly fan, and a Samurai Champloo fan, though I will not lie I did really like Beyond the Boundary and a friend of mine is recommending to me Kantai Collection "since [you] love history so much".

Sounds like typical 90's kid stuff, but they're all overall decent. 

Nothing has touched Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou for me yet.

6 minutes ago, helping said:

... harem route is undeniably the best.

Truer words have never been so inelegantly put

8 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

@Kenji6 We don't really argue about which waifu is the best here lol. We are most definitely not like reddit. 

We actually don't really talk about waifu's and whatnot here unless someone mentions or asks about them lol. I'm sure a large percentage of us here don't even have one.

I figured; I picked the biggest staple of the anime community to stick jokes to, kinda like if you had that one french best friend and you'd ask him if they knew how to play the accordion. Truth be told, I'm not that much of a waifu guy myself. To quote @Vitalius's Prof. Pic, "I love a woman who can kick my ass."

5 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

Here here. I haven't watched nearly as many shows like Lucky Star or No Game No Life, but I would probably just say I have a refined anime taste. I'm a Gurren Lagann fan, the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop fan, Kill La Kill fan, Fooly Cooly fan, and a Samurai Champloo fan, though I will not lie I did really like Beyond the Boundary and a friend of mine is recommending to me Kantai Collection "since [you] love history so much".

Wait... wait wait wait. 

Kancolle "since you love history so much". 

Kancolle and history.... He must be smoking some good shit, what is it?

MtgZQYT.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

"was going to write something but I got salty and changed my mind" 

@helping

Goddamn it... i hate this forum even more for every little fucking thing,  I @ helping then I forgot what I wanted to write and now I can't remove the damn thing because backspace doesn't work on this effing sack of shit website. 

And yes I'm on mobile so there is no delete, and it wont let me mark it so I can't cut it out. 

Rant temp over. 

Also welcome new guy, hope you'll enjoy your stay... FYI I'm one of the Manga readers around so if you want Manga suggestions just let me know. 

And Im going to stay the fuck away from this place before I try to ha e another nice chat o ly to go mad because this place is broken. 

Edited by CatCloud

5 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

To quote @Vitalius's Prof. Pic, "I love a woman who can kick my ass."

FUFUFUFUFU <(thisislaughter)

wat.

† Christian Member †

Just now, CatCloud said:

"was going G to write something but I got salty and changed my mind" 

@helping

Goddamn it... i hate this forum even more for every little fucking thing,  I @ helping then I forgot what I wanted to write and now I can't remove the damn thing because backspace doesn't work on this effing sack of shit website. 

And yes I'm on mobile so there is no delete, and it works to let me mark it's so I can cut it out. 

Rant temp over. 

Also welcome new guy, hope you'll enjoy your stay... FYI I'm one of the Manga readers around so if you want Manga suggestions just let me know. 

And Im going to stay the fuck away from this place before I try to ha e another nice chat o ly to go mad because this place is broken. 

Yo cat on clouds, use Discord. It's our most active and successful community chat program to date.

3 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Wait... wait wait wait. 

Come on fred everyone knows kancolle has the best waifus

ewYTUvh.jpg

*note: not my waifu.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Yo cat on clouds, use Discord. It's our most active and successful community chat program to date.

I keep forgetting about it, pm details, is there a phone app? I saw Luke try to use it but he got super salty, then Nick tried and he also got super salty and said it was dumb. 

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

Sounds like typical 90's kid stuff, but they're all overall decent. 

Most of them were recommendations from a former friend, though he made these recommendations with the idea that I "should start with the classics, good old shows you can't go wrong with". I mean, he did own at least 6 different Dragon Ball Z statues.

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Wait... wait wait wait. 

I wish I knew, because I can't tell where she drew that connection from, either. It's like, yeah they're all school girls representing different IJN ships of the Second World War, but like why aren't all the carriers dead, then? Makes no sense.

1 minute ago, CatCloud said:

-And yes I'm on mobile-

Well there's your problem right there

Just now, Opask said:

%7Boption%7D

Kirishima is best Kongo sister. She historically did absolutely nothing. What more could you want??

Just now, Opask said:

ewYTUvh.jpg

hcmkPHg.png

Dafaq

2 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

I keep forgetting about it, pm details, is there a phone app? I saw Luke try to use it but he got super salty, then Nick tried and he also got super salty and said it was dumb. 

Yes there is a phone app, I use it. Discord is actually a pretty good platform from my experience on it. It's like a hybrid teamspeak with more IRC functions, and less audio options for channels.

4 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

To seriously reply to you, thanks for the welcome wagon, and yeah I'll remember you for manga suggestions. FunFact: I got into Attack on Titan by accident when someone had left their volume.1 copy at my college and had been there for 2 weeks before I decided to take it form myself. Indeed it was the manga I needed, though I'm slightly disappointed by the anime adaption.

16 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

a friend of mine is recommending to me Kantai Collection "since [you] love history so much".

....that's a super not good recommendation

the only thing historical about it is like the names of the boatgirls

Error: 410

you guys are getting way over my head when it comes to touhou, and kancolle. i dont know shit about them other than its like stupid popular and the fans will shoot you on site lol jk but i dont know shit about either

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

To seriously reply to you, thanks for the welcome wagon, and yeah I'll remember you for manga suggestions. FunFact: I got into Attack on Titan by accident when someone had left their volume.1 copy at my college and had been there for 2 weeks before I decided to take it form myself. Indeed it was the manga I needed, though I'm slightly disappointed by the anime adaption.

Heh, if you end up reading as much Manga as I do and then watch the Anime version you'll end up as me and feel pretty dissatisfied of most Anime out there because they rarely finish the story. 

20 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Can't tell if sarcasm or legit. @BashZeStampeedo would most definitely disagree with you on that notion.

Nah, he can troll away if he wants. Besides, at this point who really knows what his taste is aside from "everything is shit"?

16 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

I have a refined anime taste.

That's probably not true until you've seen hundreds of anime over years and years, and given your short list here it's hard to tell what your taste is whether it's refined or not. Not meaning that as a slight or anything, just as an observation. People tend to fancy their taste as refined until they actually have enough anime under their belt, and then they cringe at their old "refined" taste from years ago.

10 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Only Aria came close to me in anime-form, as far as atmosphere goes. But it's not the same tone. I'd have to watch Mushishi and Aria to come close to YKK.

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

you guys are getting way over my head when it comes to touhou, and kancolle. i dont know shit about them other than its like stupid popular and the fans will shoot you on site lol jk but i dont know shit about either

I knew about Touhou very early into my anime watching career, but I never really paid it any attention. But once I started reading some of the stories and listening to the fan made arrangements I couldn't stop. Lots of Touhou fan made content is very story driven, and is typically grade A stuff(heck they have fan-made anime that rivals animation studio work). 

I'll take it over boatgirls any day.

This artist makes some really good stuff: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dodo#1

Just now, That_Random_Guy said:

Both are popular Japanese games, who's popularity sprung their anime projects, and I can't say I know why the fanbases are so crazy, either. I know TouHou's got good music, and KanColle is at least somewhat accurate in the peripheral details; the only one that matters to me is Yamato's boobs are the biggest because she was the most heavily armed ship ever built.

3 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

Heh, if you end up reading as much Manga as I do and then watch the Anime version you'll end up as me and feel pretty dissatisfied of most Anime out they rarely finish the story. 

Hmm, I'll keep this in mind. What I was disappointed about in the anime was how they dialed back the intensity and the angst; I had the expectations for the anime to be soul-crushingly dark and sober, yet it has way more fluff in it than I expected. They also rearranged the story elements in such a weird way I couldn't even follow after a few episodes.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

That's probably not true until you've seen hundreds of anime over years and years, and given your short list here it's hard to tell what your taste is whether it's refined or not. Not meaning that as a slight or anything, just as an observation. People tend to fancy their taste as refined until they actually have enough anime under their belt, and then they cringe at their old "refined" taste from years ago.

You mistake my tone for a sober one, yet it dripped with sarcasm. Though this is partially my fault as sarcasm is indeed very hard to read online unless you really cake it up, something I have no motivation to actually do.

2 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Nah, he can troll away if he wants. Besides, at this point who really knows what his taste is aside from "everything is shit"?

Only Aria came close to me in anime-form, as far as atmosphere goes. But it's not the same tone. I'd have to watch Mushishi and Aria to come close to YKK.

I've only read Aria and that came pretty damn close, still haven't watched it though for some reason...

I got through 1/3 through Mushishi's first series a while ago then college started and never got back to it again. The folklore and supernatural stuff was quite interesting.