Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Is that why there's 2 different series?

yep fma got to where the manga was and just kept going past it while fma brotherhood was made after the manga finished and follows it more closely 

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

yep fma got to where the manga was and just kept going past it while fma brotherhood was made after the manga finished and follows it more closely 

I think Hellsing also followed this pattern. 

Still can't believe it took them nearly 6 years to release all the OVAs. 

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wasn't the 13 eps just an OVA where Ultimate was the full one?

What do you mean by "full one"?

The 13 episode was just like any other season of anime.

The Ultimate one took nearly 6 years to complete, each of them are like 45-60 minutes. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

There's a 13 episode OVA that came out in 2001-2003ish.  Ultimate was different.

Spoiler

d9b71db3331e30ff7bb72cea825499b1.png

All I know is that Ultimate pretty much followed the manga 1:1, while the 13 episode one started similarly but then became episodic. 

44 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The 13 episodes was just to start it, but ya Ultimate took those episodes and expanded off of it's style while making a closer connection to the manga..

It's just a shame the newer OVA didn't have the amazing sense of style that the old one had. If only they had the whole manga to work with at the time...

3 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

so apparently with bb&t you can set up a credit card with the front being a full picture covering the card(i didnt know about that)..... Very tempted to do an anime themed card lol, though idk if ill do it or not. Being a closet otaku will go pretty much out the window lol

the f***... valid image types. jpeg, png, or formatted gif.... um wot, curious on how a gif will work on a card lol.

It works just like a gif on your computer. Ever seen one of the holographic cards before? the ones that you tilt back and forth and the image moves.

Blarg

16 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

It works just like a gif on your computer. Ever seen one of the holographic cards before? the ones that you tilt back and forth and the image moves.

More then likely just a still image, being a gif does not mean it has to be animated but animation is supported by the gif format.

So....

Anyone know of a "gaming oriented" mouse that has a very matte texture that doesn't get dirty easily?

3 minutes ago, Jacona said:

So....

Anyone know of a "gaming oriented" mouse that has a very matte texture that doesn't get dirty easily?

Any of them? That sounds like most mice to me.

Just now, Charger said:

Any of them? That sounds like most mice to me.

I've used plenty with those glossy coating and they get dirty easily. 

I want an almost sand-paper like coating. 

Just now, CodeNameBigDick said:

Hey guys, My name is Big Dick. New member on this forum, just want to introduce myself here because I'm a anime fans as well. 

nice username 

7 hours ago, Typho said:

Guys don't ask me but I am now almost on the newest FT episode ..( up to date on One Piece)

I might actually continue watching Naruto Shippuuden and this

The reason behind this? I like to watch anime when I eat. Anime = normal tv shows which usually are more crap than good. (at least in Finland) /srry hope no one ft, one piece, naruto shippuuden fan isn't offended :c

Basically I need anime when I eat breakfast:D

Is Gintama a "good" long anime?

I summon thy @BashZeStampeedo @Pandalf @brownninja97@JuztBe@valdyrgramr@wolfgang@Opask@MyInnerFred@Charger@Vitalius@That_Random_Guy

srry to bother you:D

Good long anime? like at least 80+ episodes or sth. Yea, yea I'm going to finish something something -gatari and watch the new season and mushishi ^_^

edit: Going to sleep . . . zzz

Gintama's not a bad comedy but the humor seems to get stale fairly fast. But hey that's probably just me.

6 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Started watching Konosuba this weekend. There are only four episodes out thus far, but I really like it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/konosuba-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-world

It's a airing series =/

I don't watch airing series, I like to marathon everything. The synopsis doesn't impress me either, is it actually any good at all?

4 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

so apparently with bb&t you can set up a credit card with the front being a full picture covering the card(i didnt know about that)..... Very tempted to do an anime themed card lol, though idk if ill do it or not. Being a closet otaku will go pretty much out the window lol

the f***... valid image types. jpeg, png, or formatted gif.... um wot, curious on how a gif will work on a card lol.

Do it~! Do something subtle so your inner otaku can stay hidden hahhaha.

3 hours ago, Jacona said:

A true introvert. 

Hide contents

f4176a49e4259fc0aabef9c84393d873.png

That comic... is on point...

14 hours ago, Ruostunut kokis said:

You can't let yourself be held back by common sense.

2vzbUSt.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@Opask @linuxfan66

https://major.io/2010/12/14/mounting-a-raw-partition-file-made-with-dd-or-dd_rescue-in-linux/

HNNNNG, it's so beautiful.

mounting a dd'd image of a drive as a file system. ... so beautiful. :*) I'm so glad this is a thing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

15 minutes ago, Charger said:

I feel like I had a post deleted...

Anyways as I was saying I think @MyInnerFred's quote of a tag managed to tag me lol

That seems to be happening. Every time that post has been quoted I get a notification. Annoying.

Blarg

6 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

That seems to be happening. Every time that post has been quoted I get a notification. Annoying.

@colonel_mortis

Just saying. Is this a thing now? Quoting something that has a mention in it re-notifies the quotee?

Also, @colonel_mortis_isafaggot

/topkek

I personally think a banned user shouldn't be listed for a mention, but that's just me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

10 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Just saying. Is this a thing now? Quoting something that has a mention in it re-notifies the quotee?

Also,

/topkek

I personally think a banned user shouldn't be listed for a mention, but that's just me.

Confirmed, that is a thing now.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

29 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

@Opask @linuxfan66

https://major.io/2010/12/14/mounting-a-raw-partition-file-made-with-dd-or-dd_rescue-in-linux/

HNNNNG, it's so beautiful.

mounting a dd'd image of a drive as a file system. ... so beautiful. :*) I'm so glad this is a thing.

I was thinking about that actually just a bit ago when I was backing up my arch install. But I realized that using dd is a terrible waste of space. I opted instead to use rsync recursively on that drive(don't do this with mounted mountpoints located on that drive, I'm sure you can imagine what happens) and it kept the folder structure perfectly without all the wasted space. And you can browse it like a normal folder.

PS. Would have edited out these tags but it crashes as soon as I tap them. It then proceeded to crash another 7 times before I could finish typing this. Not to be mean web devs, but this site is an absolute  piece on mobile.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

13 minutes ago, Opask said:

I was thinking about that actually just a bit ago when I was backing up my arch install. But I realized that using dd is a terrible waste of space. I opted instead to use rsync recursively on that drive(don't do this with mounted mountpoints located on that drive, I'm sure you can imagine what happens) and it kept the folder structure perfectly without all the wasted space. And you can browse it like a normal folder.

PS. Would have edited out these tags but it crashes as soon as I tap them. It then proceeded to crash another 7 times before I could finish typing this. Not to be mean web devs, but this site is an absolute  piece on mobile.

bro, dd conv=sparse if=<thing> of=<otherthing>

It basically compresses all empty space as if they were 0's.

https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/dd-invocation.html

‘sparse’

Try to seek rather than write NUL output blocks. On a file system that supports sparse files, this will create sparse output when extending the output file. Be careful when using this option in conjunction with ‘conv=notrunc’ or ‘oflag=append’. With ‘conv=notrunc’, existing data in the output file corresponding to NUL blocks from the input, will be untouched. With ‘oflag=append’ the seeks performed will be ineffective. Similarly, when the output is a device rather than a file, NUL input blocks are not copied, and therefore this option is most useful with virtual or pre zeroed devices.

i.e. any NUL blocks will be skipped by default, but recorded that they were skipped (so the filesystem is still aware of how big it should be and such) which is why using it with conv=notrunc would be bad (because it's truncating 0's, which is ofc a form of compression).

In theory anyway. I'll test it soon(TM).

Also, @colonel_mortis Since you're already here (or will be), is there any way to fix the (TM) -> ™ thingie?

† Christian Member †

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Since you're already here (or will be), is there any way to fix the (TM) -> ™ thingie?

whats wrong with superscript?

1 minute ago, Charger said:

whats wrong with superscript?

YAGpXPd.png

... soonTM /// comparison: ™ vs TM

good nuf.jpg

† Christian Member †