Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

-----------

Also just dropped 150$ on a TI CAS CX srs bznss calculator

hopefully the learning curve won't kilimanjaro coming from my relic of an 84+

@Jacona tf do u use?

mildly excited to see what kind of witchcraft I can pull with this thing

I remember the first time an 84 blew my mind by condensing a matrix to solve a system of a 5 vector equation

shit saved me like 20 minutes of number crunching

We had to get those calculators as well for our non-math classes in high school. Used it for that first year I was in non-math, until I got kicked to brief math for being rather horrible at math.

Ironically, my mathematical skills have started to deteriorate more quickly ever since I went to brief math. And after that first year, I never had to touch that calculator again, and had it basically forgotten in my backpack for 1,5 years until I finally dug it back up yesterday...

150€ well spent...

a72.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Dating Sim huh, I bet they put alot of effort in that part of the game.

Kek.

Man, I harp on jrpg alot.... Can't help it though, the Anime-ish theme is to damn generic and boring.

They just don't make them like in the 90's

Maybe I should play Breath of Fire again.

Clearly you aren't playing the right games lol.

I mean its one of those genres where you really have to pace yourself. It can be really off putting to play through a 60 hour story and then start another game and have the same tropes start reappearing.

I to am drawn to the 90s ones. SNES especailly, and the ps1 but less so. So whenever I see a game with that sort of graphics style I get instantly drawn to it.

Back to the dating sim thing. I always get scared now when I see that because of persona 4 golden. That game gets circlejerked so hard as the "Best game ever", "saviour of the genre", etc, that I don't even know if I want to play it. Like every time I see a new jrpg announced now there is always someone who asks "is it going to be like p4g". I should play it and form a proper opinion but I might have a hard time enjoying it now because of that. If I go in assuming that its goal was to appeal to the broadest possible audience which will probably be through some form of mediocrity I may actually be able to get through it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

in more positive news, Biscuit Hammer is going good so far. Lizard and regular dude is an interesting duo.

OBJahMj.jpg?1

Yep and it only gets better

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

We had to get those calculators as well for our non-math classes in high school. Used it for that first year I was in non-math, until I got kicked to brief math for being rather horrible at math.

Ironically, my mathematical skills have started to deteriorate more quickly ever since I went to brief math. And after that first year, I never had to touch that calculator again, and had it basically forgotten in my backpack for 1,5 years until I finally dug it back up yesterday...

150€ well spent...

the price lines up but it's hard to believe we're talking about the same calculator

are you sure it was a cas cx?

there's no point in using one in any non-stem major in college, let alone HS.

Error: 410

the price lines up but it's hard to believe we're talking about the same calculator

He might have meant the ti-84. We needed at least ti-83+ which is what I have. Which was $130.

Actually we weren't even allowed to use the higher models on our diploma exams (high school finals).

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I mean its one of those genres where you really have to pace yourself. It can be really off putting to play through a 60 hour story and then start another game and have the same tropes start reappearing.

I to am drawn to the 90s ones. SNES especailly, and the ps1 but less so. So whenever I see a game with that sort of graphics style I get instantly drawn to it.

Back to the dating sim thing. I always get scared now when I see that because of persona 4 golden. That game gets circlejerked so hard as the "Best game ever", "saviour of the genre", etc, that I don't even know if I want to play it. Like every time I see a new jrpg announced now there is always someone who asks "is it going to be like p4g". I should play it and form a proper opinion but I might have a hard time enjoying it now because of that. If I go in assuming that its goal was to appeal to the broadest possible audience which will probably be through some form of mediocrity I may actually be able to get through it.

Not sure if "not playing the right game" is the correct thing to say considering  the industry has changed to shit lately. 

Yeah that nice old draw style is atractice even these days but in this case with this game, i have a feeling its ruined by the game mechanics.

Never really was interested in the Persona games so no comment.

as for games with "dating" or romance there are plenty of good ones out there without the useless panty shots and whatnot, Fire emblem for examples is Great! although its a tactic RPG... 

Not this calculator in particular? Well, not exactly this, but the CAS version...

post-23506-0-24499600-1454048897.jpg

Pardon the very low resolution image. Didn't have RX100 with me today.

Yeah, our non-math students were forced to buy the CAS versions of these for some odd reason (and students had to pay it all by themselves), even though TI-84's or other cheaper calculators could have done the job.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Still watching a bit of shirobako.

Its so hard to continue, not because its boring but because of this guy

post-259091-0-77077900-1454050111.jpeg

Every time i see him i just want to punch him in the mouth. hate characters like him

wish he would just stfu lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Still watching a bit of shirobako.

Its so hard to continue, not because its boring but because of this guy

attachicon.gifshironako.jpeg

Every time i see him i just want to punch him in the mouth. hate characters like him

wish he would just stfu lol

i think he gets his ass beat pretty soon. 

speaking of shirobako i liked how they draw the parallels. some of them are pretty snarky too 

i think he gets his ass beat pretty soon. 

speaking of shirobako i liked how they draw the parallels. some of them are pretty snarky too 

currently at ep 8 but yea its pretty good to see how things are done and the characters for the most part are relatable and have a humor to them, just a few than i don't like but thats a given in any series. I know this series needs a comic relief character or it would be boring but it just gets annoying and cringe worthy imo 

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I looked for hours for an sd card and guess where I finally found it... in my fucking keyboard

But... How?

-snip-

i'm a lead tip away from a crisis about everything breaking

Just go to one of those seminars where they tell you how wonderful and great and special you are. You know, the ones with those really creepy people that are way more upbeat than they have any right to be.

Wow, I really must live under a rock because I didn't know that Persona 4 was that highly regarded. I mean, I knew people thought it was good, but not that good. Personally, I liked Persona 3 better. Junpei is best bro.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Wow, I really must live under a rock because I didn't know that Persona 4 was that highly regarded. I mean, I knew people thought it was good, but not that good. Personally, I liked Persona 3 better. Junpei is best bro.

Its particularly bad on reddit. And I've asked people before why they believe this but in the typical reddit fashion if you go against the hivemind you just get downvoted with no answer. But you aren't the first person from who I've heard say that persona 3 is better. Even though I don't think they are directly related I was meaning to play 3 before 4.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

*sigh* time to give windows 10 another try, last time i used it was beta.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

*sigh* time to give windows 10 another try, last time i used it was beta.

It works as well as it did in beta.

Take that as you will.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Its particularly bad on reddit. And I've asked people before why they believe this but in the typical reddit fashion if you go against the hivemind you just get downvoted with no answer. But you aren't the first person from who I've heard say that persona 3 is better. Even though I don't think they are directly related I was meaning to play 3 before 4.

It may be because I played 3 first, but I felt like the characters were just better in 3, far fewer annoying ones imo, and I liked the overall tone better.

Junpei > Yosuke

Aigis > Teddie

And dat ending. I shed a manly tear when Aigis delivered that last line in P3P. Now I'm probably going to go back and replay it. There goes ~80 hours of my life. Probably follow one of those schedules this time around so I can max all the social links.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

the reddit hivemind loves to downvote, i only ever upvote but i now have a small following of my own downvoters who take me to minus 3 usually on anything i post in a certain sub in the first hour before it pop backs up to normal points

Never thought I'd say this, but I think I want a silent small form factor PC for hooking up to my tv/stereo.

Is ITX still really fucking expensive? I'm out of the loop with modern PC shit. time for research

hmm, to apu or to i3? are there any desktop form factor cases anymore, or am I gonna have to butcher an old computer for one?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($62.99 @ Directron)

Total: $237.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-29 05:57 EST-0500

would it really be worth getting an i5 just to stream video and shit? its not like I'm gaming on the thing.

I could grab an old SFF pentium 4/Core 2 Duo system for cheap as shit and throw a gt210 or something in there, but I want it to be quiet, run cool and not eat electricity for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

would it really be worth getting an i5 just to stream video and shit? its not like I'm gaming on the thing.

I could grab an old SFF pentium 4/Core 2 Duo system for cheap as shit and throw a gt210 or something in there, but I want it to be quiet, run cool and not eat electricity for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Something like an i3 4160 would do good. For low power consumption and reasonable priced mITX boards, going for newer hardware is normally a better option. 

Oh, you meant video streaming.  If that's it then the AMD A-series route will be cheaper than an i3.  Probably could go for an A8 or A10 for the case.  Give me a min

That may be an option too. well now that I think about it, I would probably also use it for emulators and stuff too, so light gaming. If the modern A series is anything like my A8 in my laptop, they don't sit well with DS emulation. I might have to look into that.

Any ideas on cases? like horizontal desktop form factor type?

Edit: looking at the 2 pages of Newegg's mini itx cases, they're all meh. They either are what I was thinking, but requiring a mini DVD rom, which are loud as fuck, or cubes, and cubes are ugly as fuck.

I'd legit want something like this and black, except equipped to handle mini ITX. They'd need a riser for expansion cards, but whatever. There may be a case mod in my future...

$_1.JPG

Depends on how quiet you want to go I guess. There are completely passive cooling cases out there, but most are pricey.