Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

i had my fair share of BS presentations. 

for speech I winged at least half of them.

Every PP presentation I make is consistently around 5 slides regardless of length.

Highlight was a 3 slide presentation (with an intro slide, lel) that went for like 15 minutes.

i'm total introvert, it's exhausting but I can still do it if I try enough and channel my inner shounen.

Error: 410

lol yeh sorta, only know like 3 people that actually like anime, and im sorta of a closet otaku(just without all the merchandise) if you want to call it that. only my gf and 3 others know. not like other people where their family gets them a dakimakura(google spelling ftw lol).

I'm also somewhat like that, sometimes when my not so close friends talk about an anime I know I join the conversation, but most people don't know I watch anime, only my close friends.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Every PP presentation I make is consistently around 5 slides regardless of length.

Highlight was a 3 slide presentation (with an intro slide, lel) that went for like 15 minutes.

i'm total introvert, it's exhausting but I can still do it if I try enough and channel my inner shounen.

god damn it now im thinking of a dbz type power up just to talk in front of a class with glowing yellow hair and all lol.

Well, two thirds of the way through the anime for The World God Only Knows. My opinion hasn't changed substantially this season.

The World God Only Knows S2. decent.

Basically, season two is more of the same from the first season, just perhaps slightly improved in terms of the characters the MC "conquers". Not by much, mind you, but the difference is noticeable enough that I'm sure people will pick a favorite. I remain disappointed that they're barely doing anything more with the premise than basically showing us a dude playing galge routes in anime-form, but there's enough charm here for it to be a pretty decent take on that limited premise regardless. Its biggest problem still remains how dragged out it feels, especially given the filler episodes. Otherwise, it's a serviceable romcom that could easily improve if they start playing with the formula a bit more (and given the title of the third season, it seems like that's what they'll be doing).

The World God Only Knows S2 (1-2). decent.

They got to the point a bit quicker than I'd feared, and so it more or less worked for me. Everything was still otherwise the same as usual, though I was a bit disappointed that they didn't use the obvious twist that the cat was Haqua, instead of having her just appear out of nowhere. Still, this was fine, and had enough of the little touches like Elsea's "escape mechanism" to keep it amusing.

The World God Only Knows S2 (3). decent.

This episode stepped things up a bit, but not by as much as I'd hoped (I was disappointed that they didn't just play the obvious twist that Haqua was the one with the loose soul right from the start). But I did like how matter-of-factly they presented Keima; he was probably the way his character should have been from the start. His interactions with Haqua do a much better job of bringing out his character, and Elsea's character is also improved by having a foil as well. It's also nice to see the plot thicken a little. The comedy is still weak, but for once their random cut-aways to silly bits hit the mark with Elsea's fire truck obsession.

The World God Only Knows S2 (4). decent.

Ah, so they were going for the obvious twist after all... they just wanted to drag it out rather than making Haqua a bit more sympathetic by giving her abrasive attitude the excuse that she was possessed already. Oh well. I still liked the ideas well enough here, it was just weakly executed. They did a half-decent job at making the loose soul kinda creepy and threatening, but the execution of everything was pretty half-assed otherwise. Why did the loose soul just let Elsea yammer on? How did Elsea even break free to tackle her? How did five or six possessed students turn into dozens of them? Worse, the episode felt really stretched out, just like in the first season. They did try a little harder than I expected (I did kinda like the symbolism of Haqua dropping her valedictorian scythe, for instance), but overall this is yet another case where the script could have been much more effective with tighter pacing.

The World God Only Knows S2 (5-7). good.

This arc was quite a bit more interesting than the previous ones, even though it still suffered from being too dragged out. It's the type of stuff that would have a lot more impact if this show aimed a bit higher. Thankfully they were subtle enough about Chihiro that it still managed to work well enough without feeling insincere. It also helped that she wasn't more or less likable than Keima, and their chemistry was somewhat believable. But honestly, with just a bit of tweaking this arc could have been incredibly powerful, and now I see that this series could have truly been a fantastic deconstruction if it wanted to be... shame that they didn't aim that high. Thankfully they seem to finally be ready to characterize Keima a little. Hope they do a decent job with that, assuming they ever bother to actually do it.

The World God Only Knows S2 (8). so-so.

Filler time! And god only knows that we needed some just as they started to develop Keima's character, amirite? The first half of the ep was a boring waste of time with galge trivia, but the second half was at least something different from the show's expected formula, so the whole was salvaged from mediocrity. In fact the second half had a few genuinely funny moments, but it wasn't enough to really make up for the slog that was the first half.

The World God Only Knows S2 (9-11). decent.

It's a bit unfortunate that all they can think to do in this series is present a "route" from a galge and pretend it's more realistic because the anime says so (when it's really not). It would have been really interesting if they could put an extra spin on these encounters otherwise, but they really didn't "go there" and have Keima fall for the teacher, which would have been an epic reversal. Ah well. As usual I think what bothered me was that there wasn't much actual material here, comedy or otherwise. I did have a chuckle at Keima's pathetic anger-induction techniques, but otherwise this was just another okay arc about him having to beat another route in a VR galge he hasn't played yet. They wrapped it up nicely enough, but the formula's gotten pretty old now. I hope the third season really is as much of an improvement as I've heard.

The World God Only Knows S2 (12). .

This is the first one-off episode with a gaming theme that I actually found kinda fun, because it was incredibly dopey. Well, at least for the first half. Then it descends in a morass of self-indulgent references that (while probably fun if you're passionate about such things) was rather tiresome to me.

wow, i could never do something like that. i've literally nothing to say about myself 

Lies. Everybody has something to say about themselves.

COMIC SANS

I'm not even gonna lie, I'm impressed.

0d4468173f.gif

COMIC SANS

As a young lad, I forced myself to do some public speaking, as I was the super-shy type. That helped a lot. Later I actually found that I was pretty good as a teacher/trainer, so I managed to break through my introversion nearer the end of highschool. Now I'm neatly between both extremes, and have no problem talking with people or lecturing and the like, but when it comes to trusting people with personal details I'm still a Siamese cat. Well, aside from my blow-hard opinions on anime and the like. You're all free to know those anytime :)

Lies. Everybody has something to say about themselves.

yeah, i could say how i climbed mount everest and that i own a nice vacation home in the bahamas. now that's a good life isn't it? 

yeah, i could say how i climbed mount everest and that i own a nice vacation home in the bahamas. now that's a good life isn't it? 

I want photoshopped pics to back it up. Oh yeah and that supermodel gf you forgot to mention.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Probably cheaper because its only 25" and not guaranteed pixel perfect. Here is a 27" monoprice one but the bezels look bigger then mine and I'm pretty sure this isn't the new one they were showing off at CES https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=13808&seq=1&format=2

You could also afford 3 of these minus tax. But it doesn't have DP.

Also neither this nor the one you linked list what type of IPS panel they are using so ymmv. I've seen AHVA panels listed as IPS before and there is a visual difference.

P.S.

Monoprice's website a shit. Anyone into web design go to the front page and learn how not to make a good website. Also I have to have scripts running from 4 different unrelated and slightly sketchy domains to even have it half function. maxcdn (dot) bootstrapcdn (dot) com Seems pretty damn sketchy to me.

@Vitalius

You ninjad me while I was trying to get monoprice's website to function.

You know what a cdn is right?

and when you have social anxiety issues its easy to find texting and computers and an easier way of communicating with people which is probaby why a few of us are here rather then talking to people we may be able to find to talk about anime.

Yep very much so. I still avoid talking on the phone if at all possible I just don't like doing it. Sometimes it is needed however. I'm not as bad as the one click from Zetsubou Sensei at least.[emoji14]

Yep you just gotta say fuck it and do it. Once I do that I think I do a pretty damn good job. If it's something I'm passionate about its far easier.

As a young lad, I forced myself to do some public speaking, as I was the super-shy type. That helped a lot. Later I actually found that I was pretty good as a teacher/trainer, so I managed to break through my introversion nearer the end of highschool. Now I'm neatly between both extremes, and have no problem talking with people or lecturing and the like, but when it comes to trusting people with personal details I'm still a Siamese cat. Well, aside from my blow-hard opinions on anime and the like. You're all free to know those anytime :)

Just because I can doesn't mean I want to but somethings are just unavoidable.

My motto is "not giving a shit about what other people think about me or what I'm doing"

@Vitalius

Is it normal for my laptop's wireless adapter to not be detected when booting from a live usb? I wonder if that will cause me problems after wiping out windows and installing some linux distro which I haven't picked up yet.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

@Vitalius

Is it normal for my laptop's wireless adapter to not be detected when booting from a live usb? I wonder if that will cause me problems after wiping out windows and installing some linux distro which I haven't picked up yet.

it can be...it depends on distribution and what drivers ship. Its possible plug and play failed to work...but thats uncommon. I'd test using cd/dvd and a different distribution to be sure.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

it can be...it depends on distribution and what drivers ship. Its possible plug and play failed to work...but thats uncommon. I'd test using cd/dvd and a different distribution to be sure.

I've tried booting into Mint and Ubuntu and it wasn't recognized by both, but the Ubuntu version was 15.04 (or 14.04, I don't remember). I'll try with 15.10 and Arch today and see if it works.

The wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE, which seems to be certified - http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/component/pci/10ec%3Ab723/

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

You know what a cdn is right?

Yes its clearly for their canadian servers. But thats besides the point I shouldn't need to run scripts from 4 different domains that aren't related to the main site. And only have the site half function.

------------------------

I've been playing legend of heroes trails in the sky and yep its a jrpg alright. 15 hours in and I've completed the first chapter, I think there are 5. I missed 3 side quests, and multiple side items that just added to the lore but that I still would have liked to pick up.

There are some good lines as well:

>Storm into enemy base, defeat all of them

>Guards come rushing in after the fact

>Guards: "Where are all the [enemies]"

>"Oh probably laying unconscious on the floor scattered around the base"

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Sigh its like im on fucking dial up internet.... look at this shit

attachicon.gifNew Bitmap Image.jpg

cant even watch 144p youtube video right now

suppost to be getting a 30down 5 up connection according to speedtest.net. twc must be throttling my connection or youtube is having a stroke because this is bs

USE a VPN ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just got a 10€ gift card from Amazon for their app store. Anyone know some useful apps on there?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I've tried booting into Mint and Ubuntu and it wasn't recognized by both, but the Ubuntu version was 15.04 (or 14.04, I don't remember). I'll try with 15.10 and Arch today and see if it works.

The wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE, which seems to be certified - http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/component/pci/10ec%3Ab723/

Manually loading the driver may work if its installed. Also sometimes there is drivers that only work well when installed and on not live cds...but its not common for most things as i understand. that case mostly covers closed source drivers i believe

i'd try the live version of suse and centos/fedora to be sure if you can.

If any of you start a new business with a partner who has prior business experience, be sure to vet them before you do so. 

It can be annoying digging yourself out of another person's hole (grave).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This email is in regards to your GTX 770 4GB Dual SC that you have sent in for Out of Warranty repair.

Unfortunately the card has bad memory and we are unable to repair it. At this point we can either return the card to you or have it recycled.

Let us know what you would like to do so we can further assist you.

Regards,

EVGA

tumblr_m7875aAffy1r5twrj.jpg

Maybe I can still use it as a folding card. That or it will be decoration.

Blarg

Maybe I can still use it as a folding card. That or it will be decoration.

With Bitcoin mining, I remember the program could selectively only use certain portions of RAM. If you can do that with folding and section off the bad ram, that'd be cool.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just because I can doesn't mean I want to but somethings are just unavoidable.

My motto is "not giving a shit about what other people think about me or what I'm doing"

Fair enough, but neither of those things really apply to what I said :)

I didn't "want" to do public speaking, I forced myself. It wasn't because I cared about what others thought of me, but because I wanted to make things easier for myself in the long run. In fact, that's how I live my life. Since I don't really care about what others think about me (aside from a select few), I have to push myself to grow on my own terms, or I feel like I'm stagnating. If that pursuit so happens to improve how others think of me, so be it.