Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@Vitalius may be able to help? Anybody who knows can answer though.

Is the Usenet kept up to date with content in comparison to torrents? Like if a torrent was uploaded recently will a Usenet newsgroup be up to date and have the files as well?

COMIC SANS

@Vitalius may be able to help? Anybody who knows can answer though.

Is the Usenet kept up to date with content in comparison to torrents? Like if a torrent was uploaded recently will a Usenet newsgroup be up to date and have the files as well?

Usenet usually gets files before torrents. 

The trickle down effect for leakage is usually Private FTP Servers -> Usenet -> Torrents. But of course that isn't always true for shows with torrent specific cracker groups and such. 

Estimated time between the average semi-popular show's release and it being available on Usenet: 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Then factor in the automation with the fact that Usenet servers are servers and not peer to peer swarms, meaning you get full download speed and you get it just about instantly. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Usenet usually gets files before torrents.

The trickle down effect for leakage is usually Private FTP Servers -> Usenet -> Torrents. But of course that isn't always true for shows with torrent specific cracker groups and such.

Estimated time between the average semi-popular show's release and it being available on Usenet: 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Okay cool. That was one thing I was worried about. Could PM me or message me on Steam with some of the more popular news groups? No idea where I should go.

COMIC SANS

With Bitcoin mining, I remember the program could selectively only use certain portions of RAM. If you can do that with folding and section off the bad ram, that'd be cool.

I didnt know that was even a thing. Guess I will look into it.

Blarg

Okay cool. That was one thing I was worried about. Could PM me or message me on Steam with some of the more popular news groups? No idea where I should go.

Not sure what you mean. 

The general categories are:

1. comp
  2. humanities
  3. misc
  4. news
  5. rec
  6. sci
  7. soc
  8. talk
  9. alt

After that, if you want locations of where you'd find media in general, that's usually alt.binaries. 

So if you go to a newsgroup browser with a Usenet Subscription, then browser alt.binaries, you'll see a list of types of media & other such things.

alt.binaries.anime is #1 (WOO). https://www.binsearch.info/groups.php

WOW. "The Batman of raping people: Emperor Nero" topkek

https://voat.co/v/HistoryAnecdotes/comments/822193

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not sure what you mean.

The general categories are:

• comp
  • humanities
  • misc
  • news
  • rec
  • sci
  • soc
  • talk
  • alt
After that, if you want locations of where you'd find media in general, that's usually alt.binaries.

So if you go to a newsgroup browser with a Usenet Subscription, then browser alt.binaries, you'll see a list of types of media & other such things.

alt.binaries.anime is #1 (WOO). https://www.binsearch.info/groups.php

WOW. "The Batman of raping people: Emperor Nero" topkek

https://voat.co/v/HistoryAnecdotes/comments/822193

Thanks. So Usenet doesn't have like "websites" where you can go to find whatever? Like how torrents has TPB, KAT, etc.

Couple other questions. Don't I need a application to do word Usenet stuff? If so, which one should I use? And what's the best Usenet provider that provides no logging, SSL, and high retention at a somewhat low cost?

COMIC SANS

a50f8564cfdca0ed00baf9ff4a07e206.png

u wot m8 dev, come at me. ill extract it if i want to. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My NAS drive came in today, yay. Unfortunately I'm at work right now, but layer tonight the Plex server will begin anew.

COMIC SANS

u wot m8 dev, come at me. ill extract it if i want to. 

what is that game about good sir?

detective pikachu everyone

What? Why?

I guess ideas are running low...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

You can Google the title, but I think you can guess what that game is about with that title alone...

Or maybe you were joking or something...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Well im 15 minutes in so far. Currently a guy has a issue with young females(as in people in their 20s, he even says hes not a lolicon). Well stupid bitch, hes married, anyways when he sees 20 year olds he freezes, too much blood guys to his man sausage no his brain is under fueled. The sister of the woman he is married to is seriously amazed that he actually freezes and thought it would be a good idea to troll him. Her melons accidently flop out because MyInnerFred doesnt like melons. Wife comes back, sister is like holy crap, hides in a box, re-equips her cloths and goes about her day. Guy managed to regain his flaccidity in around 5 seconds(the other stuff i can get over but this is just unrealistic, its a known fact that the sausage stays strong at the wrong times, KNOWN FACT). 

And that is as far as i got, parents came home so yeah, cant continue. 

Seems like a hardcore story, if it was an anime then id say its like Hyouka or Code Geass, at a stretch maybe Mirai Nikki. 

I brought it as a bundle to troll by friend but i just ended up activating it for myself, curiosity got the best of me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You can Google the title, but I think you can guess what that game is about with that title alone...

Or maybe you were joking or something...

The wife is a lawyer so she is a liar, it justifies the title. 

Listen if you care.

I'm not even gonna lie, I'm impressed.

0d4468173f.gif

admittedly it's backfired on me once

I tried to explain how TOR works in 10 minutes using a whiteboard.

having not practiced I didn't realize how dang hard that is to do in 10 minutes assuming no prior knowledge

had to end it with a "well if you're interested in the rest I'm sure you all know how to google"

Error: 410

@MyInnerFred tried my hand with day trading .... NEVER AGAIN

Broke even , fuck that I'm out lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

-snip-

WOW. "The Batman of raping people: Emperor Nero" topkekhttps://voat.co/v/HistoryAnecdotes/comments/822193

Batman of raping people. +1 for the internet 

What? Why?

I guess ideas are running low...

I thought that was pretty obvious with Pokemon Snap. Or Hey You, Pikachu! Or Pokemon Channel. Or... I think you see where I'm going with this :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

tumblr_m7875aAffy1r5twrj.jpg

Maybe I can still use it as a folding card. That or it will be decoration.

rekt

meanwhile I RMA my 4GB Windforce OC 770 (aka. unicorn GPU)

took them 3 alien temp employees and like a week of digging in the warehouse to dredge up a another unicorn for me.

it's cool 970's are overrated anyway

then I RMA'd my cousin's 280X, MSI was out of stock so they replied back if a 390X would be a suitable replacement

Js7rZ9x.gif

he doesn't play anything besides youtube and hulu

"pls i borrow, remember that one time I bought you a soda"

granted I pretty much only play plex, MPC, YT, and the occasional game I could run on integrated. But I could still cook up a mean madVR config with that.

-----------

Also just dropped 150$ on a TI CAS CX srs bznss calculator

hopefully the learning curve won't kilimanjaro coming from my relic of an 84+

@Jacona tf do u use?

mildly excited to see what kind of witchcraft I can pull with this thing

I remember the first time an 84 blew my mind by condensing a matrix to solve a system of a 5 vector equation

shit saved me like 20 minutes of number crunching

Thanks. So Usenet doesn't have like "websites" where you can go to find whatever? Like how torrents has TPB, KAT, etc.

Couple other questions. Don't I need a application to do word Usenet stuff? If so, which one should I use? And what's the best Usenet provider that provides no logging, SSL, and high retention at a somewhat low cost?

There are some. The website I linked will list the sub-groups within the group if you click it. So if you click alt.binaries.anime, you see what newsgroups are in it. I'm sure there are others.

Yes. You need an application that you'd use to browse & subscribe to newsgroups. SABnzbd+ is an automated one for media. They are called Newsreaders. 

There are strictly text ones, but those aren't for media. You want an NZB downloader newsreader. Those are for media. 

Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders

Never use a Usenet provider who doesn't support SSL. Here's a table: http://www.ngprovider.com/

Regarding that table:

• Binary Retention is how long the files will stay on the servers. i.e. 2722 days is 7ish years.
  • Usenet Providers can provide their own Usenet search engines.
  • Some Usenet Providers include VPN services as well.
  • Prices will range from $60-$120 per year.

† Christian Member †

rekt

meanwhile I RMA my 4GB Windforce OC 770 (aka. unicorn GPU)

took them 3 alien temp employees and like a week of digging in the warehouse to dredge up a another unicorn for me.

it's cool 970's are overrated anyway

then I RMA'd my cousin's 280X, MSI was out of stock so they replied back if a 390X would be a suitable replacement

Js7rZ9x.gif

he doesn't play anything besides youtube and hulu

"pls i borrow, remember that one time I bought you a soda"

granted I pretty much only play plex, MPC, YT, and the occasional game I could run on integrated. But I could still cook up a mean madVR config with that.

This is one of the 4GB 770s as well.

You got lucky with the 280x. Only time I have got anything like that treatment was corsair psu rma. 750 gold to 750 platinum.

Hmmm... replace ram chips?

Blarg

"lil dicky"

addendum to this, more comedy

the fact that it's not 3 minutes of "git money drugs wimmin" already makes it worth looking at

also giggle-worthy 80's action movie parody, more alternative sounds than typical trap tracks that people mumble over these days
hell, you could just watch it muted if you don't like the song lol

tumblr_m7875aAffy1r5twrj.jpg

Maybe I can still use it as a folding card. That or it will be decoration.

Maybe you could try the oven trick and see if that works?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@brownninja97 what?...

@MyInnerFred tried my hand with day trading .... NEVER AGAIN

Broke even , fuck that I'm out lol

Hey at least you broke even hahaha. How were you doing it?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^