Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I mean, I'd really like a proper Halo movie as well.

Not really sure what you're referring to tbh.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4th Akito?

i'll give you guys a hint: it involves sakura, shirou, and alter saber 

and maybe my current avatar

edit: oh yeah, i forgot about Akito 

Illya 3 or some saucy FFM doujins?

Error: 410

The hype I feel for this is unreal. My body is ready!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Oh mayn, this story really is generic

• Main character is some lonley kid who is practically nobody, easily manipulated by others
  • Obtains Power
  • Mixed emotions after events
  • Scared of Power
  • MIxed emotions
  • Gets a bare minimum of training and knows how to fight after obtaining power
  • akwardly mixed emotions
  • Still beats everyone up
  • Takes leadership
  • emotions
  • Beats everybody else up
  • emotions
  • the end
  • emotions

• Main character is some lonley kid who is practically nobody, easily manipulated by others
  • Obtains Power
  • Scared of Power
  • Takes leadership
  • the end
Ever heard of the heroes journey?

Even masterpieces do...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

and maybe my current avatar

edit: oh yeah, i forgot about Akito 

Okay, Heaven's Feel. I thought that's what you may have been referring to, but wasn't 100% sure...

I'm pretty darn excited for that as well, but Eva 4.0 has my attention more so, haha. 

COMIC SANS

• Obtains Power
  • Mixed emotions after events
  • Scared of Power
  • MIxed emotions
  • akwardly mixed emotions
  • Takes leadership
  • emotions
  • emotions
  • the end
  • emotions

Which anime?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Well it doesn't need to be THAT old. I mean nana is from 2005 and i watched it in 720 and looked pretty nice, to give an example.

You got any MUST WATCH that i'm probably missing because it's old? Shounen or romantic works.

Hard to say. One classic that takes some time to build up, but really gets to a lot of people is Maison Ikkoku. A classic shounen-style series would be Martian Successor Nadesico. But if you're going to set the bar to "MUST WATCH" then we'll be here all day trying to find you something that tickles you just right.

That is something that everybody can agree on. The OST is SO GOOD! Easily has some of the best openings in any anime ever.

They're fine, but it's a stretch to say they're anywhere near the top.

Agreed. Only a few other anime have as good music as Guilty Crown.

Oh, I can count more than a few :)

the first one sucked so i have no hope that a second one will be good. I would rather watch another avatar cartoon which could probably be made with the budget from the movie.

It just saddens me to think that you're missing out on great stories that might stick with you forever, all because upscaling 480p is too much for you. It's not like having slightly thinner lines and more fluid animation means anything if it goes in one eye and out the other anyway. It's probably better for you to "un-spoil" yourself (or from my perspective, start spoiling yourself with stories instead of empty visuals).

agreed I always find it a bit nostalgic watching older anime in 4:3 ratio. Kids these days just don't know the quality of crap we watched when we were younger lol.

240p master race lol

Is it actually getting made?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

agreed I always find it a bit nostalgic watching older anime in 4:3 ratio. Kids these days just don't know the quality of crap we watched when we were younger lol.

There was a lot of shit back then too, but they didn't have such convenient animation trickery to make something look good while spending less money than they used to on it. So they had to focus a bit more on art and story to compensate, and those are the things you tend to remember. A great-looking fight scene is dime a dozen these days, but something as vivid as the "fight" between Gon and Hanzo in the 1999 Hunter x Hunter? Pretty rare. Even the 2011 version turned that into a boring, standard fight shounen scene, even if it was in higher resolution and digitally colored. Now, they weren't exactly commonplace back then either, but the limitations of the medium forced them to try harder than they do today. Now you don't have to think about shot composition, framing, or good storyboarding, you just trace a nice photo and animate a bunch of people more fluidly.

Are you two seriously fucking discussing that shit here?

Holy shit, it's probably the most pointless and stupid discussion i've seen in a long time, and i've been on this thread for a while so i've seen plenty.

Yes because this thread posts quality content xD

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

240p master race lol

Ah back to the good ol days of the N64. I still play mine multiple times a month.

---------------------------------------------

Started watching Shakugan no Shana for the first time.

4eps in and I'm really liking it so far.

Its the first anime I will be watching on a 27 inch IPS screen and let me tell you its so much better then that crappy TN I was using. Also its 3 inches bigger and I'm quite enjoying the extra screen real-estate 

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

There was a lot of shit back then too, but they didn't have such convenient animation trickery to make something look good while spending less money than they used to on it. So they had to focus a bit more on art and story to compensate, and those are the things you tend to remember. A great-looking fight scene is dime a dozen these days, but something as vivid as the "fight" between Gon and Hanzo in the 1999 Hunter x Hunter? Pretty rare. Even the 2011 version turned that into a boring, standard fight shounen scene, even if it was in higher resolution and digitally colored. Now, they weren't exactly commonplace back then either, but the limitations of the medium forced them to try harder than they do today. Now you don't have to think about shot composition, framing, or good storyboarding, you just trace a nice photo and animate a bunch of people more fluidly.

240p master race lol

tumblr_inline_ncrtawnctg1rvdt96.gif

*you two*

Alright grampas, calm down :P

I agree that back then if the story was bad there was no reason to watch it, nowadays if it looks nice at least i'll watch it, but even now decent visuals are being common, and even if a show looks nice it won't sell if it's utter shit.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

there's an illya 4 (drei) planned i think 

...oh

i wasn't counting

was illya 3 badly received? I've heard nothing about it at all

Error: 410

Alright grampas, calm down :P

I agree that back then if the story was bad there was no reason to watch it, nowadays if it looks nice at least i'll watch it, but even now decent visuals are being common, and even if a show looks nice it won't sell if it's utter shit.

TBH, the sales are kinda meaningless to the argument. I mean, Overlord sold a lot more copies than some of the stuff airing this past season, but it still wasn't enough despite it visually being pretty average.

I honestly just hope anime studios start making better anime even if it means slightly lesser visuals. We can take it. What's merely kinda decent these days is often better than what we got 15 or 20 years ago on the top end, so it's time to start improving what really matters. Same thing as video games - the virtual guns look and sound real enough already, it's time to give us a reason to want to shoot them.