Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

thanks, thank you very much :)

I love you hun <3 that made me giggle

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I love you hun <3 that made me giggle

Your welcome honey <3

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Kratos is in Gensokyo, he has to play by the rules of the realm. 

Does he have spell cards? No.

Can he shoot Danmaku? No.

Can he stop time? No.

Can he phase in and out of existence? No. 

GG Kratos.... killed by number 9

What are Danmaku?

Who is number 9 and what does the number represent?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What are Danmaku?

Who is number 9 and what does the number represent?

Danmaku is known as a bullet curtain, basically a destructive projectile that is ridiculously hard to dodge due to the sheer number of them.

I will quote from the wiki "It should be noted that danmaku fights aren't for the sake of killing each other – it is a girls' play-fight. The beautiful danmaku with plenty of useless bullets is verification of the fact that opponents don't really want to kill the player, and in the archives, ZUN has said that if they truly wanted to kill, a ratio of 10:1 bullets wouldn't be necessary."

sample_433d9c282baee45d2ac35426a20d79451

Kratos is fucked, there are undodgable danmaku. Since he can't phase outta existence like a certain Miko can, he will inevitably get hit. Oh and danmaku will probably be the least of his worries once he meets the residents of Gensokyo....

e3630acc455039c84995a01f51546d7ea08d9a84

Oh and the number 9 is a running gag/inside joke for the character Cirno in Touhou. 

b90b1ce9e2cf71336fc1d905eb379804ee9ccdec

"Cirno is a childish, confident fairy who appears to have a superiority complex in regards to others. She proclaims herself to be "the strongest" on three separate occasions in Phantasmagoria of Flower View. In the game's manual, she is labeled as "9. baka" (⑨. バカ, lit. "9. Idiot") in an explanation of the game screen's layout. She was again labeled as such in the manual for Touhou Hisoutensoku. This implies that Cirno may be some kind of idiot. An example of Cirno's stupidity would be the spell card Ice Sign "Icicle Fall", which has a very obvious safespot to easily dodge the danmaku on Easy Difficulty."

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@Vitalius

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2rj8l1/skyrim_modding_and_wine/

I think you have to actually use wine to install skyrim though and not just use your version that was installed on windows. Unfortunately with my data cap I can't really make room to download 12gbs worth of skyrim(including the 3 DLC).

But ya you just install mod organizer and skyrim through wine and it should work fine. I will make a point of trying it whenever I get the chance to download skyrim again. 

I can almost guarantee it will run better through wine because that has been my experience with pretty much everything else I have tried in wine.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

A really, really good first episode from a fall season show: Utawarerumono.

Our tastes always seem so different.

Utawarerumono 2 (1). so-so.

I'll be kind about the start of this episode (though the monsters didn't gel well visually with the rest of the artwork). It at least felt like they had their eyes on the prize. But soon after, things took a sharp turn into boringville. Now I like me a show where the characters get to know one another, but these two had no real chemistry, and almost nothing else of note happened in this episode save for trying to force their budding romance. It was... acceptable, but only because the original anime also sucked at portraying chemistry between its characters. The far worse problem for me is that these leads just aren't very likable. The guy's a whiny loser who doesn't want to work, and the girl's a constant nag who peeps on people and eats a ton. They're like husband and wife already lololol! I generally hate insert-characters, but I'll gladly take the original anime's Hakuro over this chump. Yet for all of my harshness, this was still reasonable enough to keep watching unless this season offers up something less meh. They've just got their work cut out for them if they want this show to amount to anything.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight (1). so-so.

There are hints of a decent anime here, but they're completely crushed under the weight of all the cliches piled onto them. This kind of "talent vs practice" concept can make for a great story, and the MC here is at least the "sympathetic" generic shounen archetype, so you'd hope that they wouldn't drop the ball on everything else. But they did. The princess character was insufferable to the point where her moments of characterization didn't help, the MC was still given the victory because it would be too tough to have him lose the battle, but still win the war, etc. Ultimately, it was like being given a few drops of water while I'm in the middle of a desert - not nearly enough. Had they found a more creative way to frame all of this, and given it stronger characterization, it could have been a winner. But after that bedroom scene, it's pretty clear where the priorities of this show lie, and it's not in bed with me.

I'm not on linux at the moment. Needed to figure out why it was loading in 1080p with black bars on my 1440p screen.

I am going to be trying to get it working on wine. People have said mod orgainzer works so it'll just require a bit of effort on my part to get it working.

The main problem is that mod organizer doesn't load mods into the skyrim directory so that might create an issue.

After I watch the new ep of Dr Who I'll try get it working.

But that's the beauty of it. Every single mod is completely self contained in its own folder and can't fuck up any other mods.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Well, guess I might as well feed my ego and summarize my thoughts on the Fall 2015 anime season. And whooo boy, if you focus on the big names of the season, it sure seemed dire. I count myself lucky that I managed to avoid Charlotte and Rokka, but I'm not much happier with my "bad anime of the season", Overlord (Madhouse should be ashamed of that one). Even Durarara has lost its charm. Thankfully the light comedies of the season kept it from being a complete write-off, and there were a few other anime that were marginally good enough to tide us over until One Punch Man "saves anime". Ore Monogatari was mine; others really liked School-Live, or even managed to find some marginal enjoyment in Classroom Crisis. But the only anime I might go back and watch soonish would be Baby Steps, since I hear it's a consistently good series. As for the stuff I did watch...

Actually, I'm... (good).

Every once in a while, a wacky harem anime comes along that's self-aware enough to make you laugh. This is one of those series. The characters and their misunderstandings are good nostalgic fun, things go off the rails from time to time in hilarious ways, and the general "idiot ball" comedy is strong enough to forgive it a couple of lesser episodes. Even as a generic romance anime it's fairly respectable. Although it's cut off with a typical harem anime non-ending, it's easily worth it for a few laugh-out-loud moments, and just seeing this concept done some actual justice without relying on fanservice. It was also one of the few anime this year which have managed to put me in a good enough mood to read their manga afterward. So while it's a little uneven and not terribly memorable, it's definitely fun and isn't shy about spreading its comedy wings.

Working!!! (good).

Looking back on this one, it isn't quite what I'd call memorable for anything it shows us, but rather for the simple fact that it's a rare modern anime with actual closure. That's just the kind of thing that makes up for a limp and uninspired second season. You just have to ignore one pointless plot thread involving someone's mother and the teaser at the end of the show that's related to her, and you should get the impression that things were tied up in a pretty satisfying way. Aside from forcing you to ignore a pointless plot-thread like that, it also suffers in the middle when it focuses too long on Yamada and loses its comedic edge, never to fully regain it. But the last third makes up for that blunder well enough, so I'm happy with the overall results. Few anime sitcoms get even this strong of an ending, even if you have to ignore parts of it that only exist to air a wasteful one-hour special later on down the road.

Ore Monogatari (good).

Ultimately this is a romcom that wallows too much in its cuteness to really get all that far. The good scenes are indeed very good (good enough to earn it an overall "good" rating from me at least), but there's also quite a lot of padding and the story often fails to achieve much with its elements, so it's quite underwhelming. Frankly I think it would have made for a great one-cour anime that left us wanting more, but it just doesn't have the energy or momentum for two. Still, it's very charming and quite funny where it counts, so in small enough doses this is a fine little fluffy anime that has some really nice bursts of good material. At least it has its heart in the right place, so if you don't go in expecting the world of it, and don't feel obliged to marathon it, it should be enjoyable enough (though it might give you a few cavities). I'll remember it for its ED more than anything.

Wakako Zake (decent).

For a short-episode anime, this one is actually quite good. It's just about a young woman who goes to street vendors and pubs to enjoy simple Japanese meals, and fancies herself a bit of a connoisseur. It's not for kids so much as people wanting to see Japanese dishes, some interesting to Western tastes or expectations. It's probably a good thing then that the character designs will turn kids off right away, and leave this unassuming little anime for people who can appreciate it. It's a decent half an hour of food-watching, and doesn't waste your time to get there, like other recent food-themed anime.

Kyoukai no Rinne (decent).

Rinne is just a good old-fashioned Rumiko anime like Ranma or Urusei Yatsura, but given more modern social sensibilities and told with an eye for deadpan and anticlimactic humor. It's a family-friendly show with stock basic elements and an episodic routine, neither of which are everyone's cup of tea. But the comedy style is refreshing to me, given how rote and uninventive anime humor tends to be these days... you can at best hope for high-energy wacky antics, but good luck finding a well-constructed joke. By contrast Rinne manages to make the little things funny, without worrying at all about the big picture. It's the kind of show you can leisurely watch for hundreds of episodes, and it generally manages to bring just enough to the table to justify each new episode. In fact there's already a second season planned, so it seems people have been hankering for a refresh of those old shows (no matter how basic it sometimes feels).

Castle Town Dandelion (decent).

Sometimes you just want to watch an easygoing genre show that is more interested in telling a story with some heart than it is in wallowing in fanservice and hipster-talk. Dandelion is one of those shows. It's nothing special, and has its misfires, but ultimately it's just a kinda heartfelt story about the members of an odd family, and how they must compete because of a contrived comedy plot setup. But they're all varied and act like a proper family, are mostly fun to watch, and some of them get arcs that go above standard fare for this type of series. So what Dandelion lacks in ambition and evenness, it makes up for by having its heart in the right place and having a solid run all the way to its ending. Nothing special, but a pleasant enough background watch with a couple of surprisingly strong moments.

Teekyuu 5 (decent).

Something started to spark back to life in Teekyuu this season, and it began to recall some of its season one glory. It wasn't as funny overall, but there were some cleverly-crafted episodes here, as well as jokes that hit the mark on more than just a passively random level. Overall it was significantly better and more consistently funny rather than just being silly.

Durarara x2 Ten (mediocre).

After the slog that was the first cour of x2, you'd think it would start paying off more consistently, but after this part I've had enough of waiting for that. Too many characters, too many pointless diversions, not enough focus on what matters, not enough "bang for the buck". The limp ending even felt like a bit insulting after all that. The story is just junk, and it feels like they're just padding it out and relying on the narrative gimmick to keep people watching. But that gimmick only works well in smaller doses, like in the films Go or Run Lola Run. When you keep pointlessly bloating things up and meandering around for two seasons, the charm quickly dies and it becomes an unrewarding chore to sit through. At best you can turn off your brain entirely and delude yourself into thinking this is more clever than it really is, riding on the nostalgia for how fun it used to be, but there's so little actual payoff here that it's not really worth the time investment.

Overlord (mediocre).

Overlord is just junk - the Chaika of this season. It's a show that obviously puts in the least effort possible on every level. It sets up a reasonably fun premise of a guy suddenly having to play an evil overlord, and after a few episodes it flushes it all down the toilet by turning into a generic adventure romp that isn't even much of a romp. It's painfully clear how little thought was put into this by how brainless and artless it is. It's just about a badass who's only a badass because the plot contrives it. What few interesting ideas it has are barely paid lip-service, and then they dredge them back up in the finale in a cheap attempt to make it feel like they were actually important plot elements. The animation is bare-bones, the characters paper-thin, the comedy barely existent, and there wasn't even any noteworthy fanservice. It's just the bare minimum necessary to entertain someone who's still willing to lower their standards and put more effort into watching it than its creators did coming up with it.

ae12a253d3.jpg

On another note... 2 of my awaited series are up...

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry...

This wll be hard since both have very similar settings...

Well, guess I might as well feed my ego and summarize my thoughts on the Fall 2015 anime season. And whooo boy, if you focus on the big names of the season, it sure seemed dire. I count myself lucky that I managed to avoid Charlotte and Rokka, but I'm not much happier with my "bad anime of the season", Overlord (Madhouse should be ashamed of that one). Even Durarara has lost its charm. Thankfully the light comedies of the season kept it from being a complete write-off, and there were a few other anime that were marginally good enough to tide us over until One Punch Man "saves anime". Ore Monogatari was mine; others really liked School-Live, or even managed to find some marginal enjoyment in Classroom Crisis. But the only anime I might go back and watch soonish would be Baby Steps, since I hear it's a consistently good series. As for the stuff I did watch...

-snip-

:( I thought Rokka no Yuusha was good. What was supposed to have made it bad? I have heard the same about Charlotte though.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

:( I thought Rokka no Yuusha was good. What was supposed to have made it bad? I have heard the same about Charlotte though.

Apparently it's just boring, relying on a mystery so much that once it's solved, it's repeated. And each episode tends to be 4/5 dull talking, followed by a desperate attempt to salvage the situation and end in a cliffhanger or something. Those are the two things I've heard the most about it, and they don't speak to a particularly good anime.

Apparently it's just boring, relying on a mystery so much that once it's solved, it's repeated. And each episode tends to be 4/5 dull talking, followed by a desperate attempt to salvage the situation and end in a cliffhanger or something. Those are the two things I've heard the most about it, and they don't speak to a particularly good anime.

Ah, I suppose I should amend that, I meant to say that I enjoyed it.

I didn't really think it was boring, but I can see the reasoning for these things.

Ah, I suppose I should amend that, I meant to say that I enjoyed it.

I didn't really think it was boring, but I can see the reasoning for these things.

Oh yeah, that's not under debate. I just meant that I personally would likely have hated both. Like I said, the anime that I found "good enough" was Ore Monogatari.

12108093_859617254153177_619092152428818

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I will now summarize ep 1 or Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk:

MC is a supposed weakling who has some secret time-limited OP mode. He walks in on the main heroine who is a "red haired flame controlling princess swordsman who is strongest in the school" while she is changing. They then battle one another and much to the main heroine's surprise, MC is stronger than he seems.

gfdi... are we sure that these 2 titles are completely different???

You motherfucker son of a bitch used my gif.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Oh shit, I should finish castle town dandelion, I was liking that one.

Edit: also, is there any shows that you guys think are worth watching this season? I saw some new stuff on crunchyroll, but I don't know where to begin. Also, is one punch man gonna be on CR? oh yeah, is there anything good on outside of CR? I don't really check other sites.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

You motherfucker son of a bitch used my gif.

9aaa3f5109.gif

|King Of The Lost|

@KRImSIN , perhaps ill finally attempt to watch  Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou :P 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

@KRImSIN , perhaps ill finally attempt to watch  Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou :P

Yay. i loved that series.

hqdefault.jpg

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Yay. i loved that series.

hqdefault.jpg

that image is disturbing , and halfway through the first episode im dying xD ah good times so far lel

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

the japanese hans zimmer

wish i could buy the box set, but it's expensive as hell.. 

you and me both man. Fate has always been though.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

d1d3c16161.jpg

|King Of The Lost|