Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

So, what are you people watching at the moment? Any above average series? 

Nisemonogatari,Gangsta,Barakamon,Non Non biyori.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Catching up with great stuff I've missed through the years when I wasn't watching animes.

I'm currently watching Psycho-pass and I'll continue with Steins;gate after that. Sadly, I don't have a lot of time for animu lately. :(

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Loaded the 1st episode of Kekkai Sensen a couple of hours ago, gonna start it for sure. But currently, nothing.

I'm currently watching To aru kagaku no railgun. It's above average, but not by a lot.

The 2nd season is a looooot better

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

-snip-

Welcome to the N.H.K., Owarimaonogatari, Nagi No asukara, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans a few other I can't list of the top of my head.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

man was this one was a disappointment

Why?

I watched it a long time ago, but i liked it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I'm currently watching To aru kagaku no railgun. It's above average, but not by a lot.

The 2nd season is a looooot better

The 2nd season is better. The LN's though, are top notch. Like... if you want to experience intensity, you need to read the Sisters arc in the LN's. It just doesn't cover enough in detail in the anime.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The 2nd season is better. The LN's though, are top notch. Like... if you want to experience intensity, you need to read the Sisters arc in the VN's. It just doesn't cover enough in detail in the anime.

Are you talking about VNs or LNs? Because you said both things.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

man was this one was a disappointment

I'm watching the new season of it thats started airing for the fall, so eh its passable for me.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Are you talking about VNs or LNs? Because you said both things.

I meant LNs. I said VNs the first time, then realized I was wrong. I corrected the first one, but forgot to correct the second one. It is fixed now.

TL;DR: Accelerator (once you find out who he is if you don't already know) is much better portrayed in the LNs, just because obviously you can pack more detail into writing than you can into a 22 minute episode covering the same events.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Why?

I watched it a long time ago, but i liked it.

"Winter is coming"

then everything got weird

love polygons

and the ending was kinda jankey

I'm watching the new season of it thats started airing for the fall, so eh its passable for me.

wait what

they're making another season?

Error: 410

"Winter is coming"

then everything got weird

love polygons

and the ending was kinda jankey

wait what

they're making another season?

Oh wait its the english dub  that is out...my brain totally derped on that one

|King Of The Lost|

I meant LNs. I said VNs the first time, then realized I was wrong. I corrected the first one, but forgot to correct the second one. It is fixed now.

TL;DR: Accelerator (once you find out who he is if you don't already know) is much better portrayed in the LNs, just because obviously you can pack more detail into writing than you can into a 22 minute episode covering the same events.

I think they are making a manga for accelerator

I think they are making a manga for accelerator

I can already see the masses of young japanese boys getting paper cuts from all that edge

The 2nd season is better. The LN's though, are top notch. Like... if you want to experience intensity, you need to read the Sisters arc in the LN's. It just doesn't cover enough in detail in the anime.

@Vitalius Sisters arc is what I consider to be the best of the entier Raildex anime. When I refer to Railgun this is usually what I'm talking about. The other parts are kind of weak and Index is flat not worth my time.

Error: 410

What are people's thoughts on the studio that made Gangsta going into liquidation? I read about it a few days ago has there been anymore news?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

MORE reminders that FAIRY TAIL - the greatest current ANIME - has music that makes all other animes sound like you are listening to kesha.

Look upon ye mortals and despair, drop down on bended knee and swear fealty to Fairy Tail !!!

812afbfb60a60f9c436b1493c8c1a6eeb8f676e0

You ever watched Cowboy Bebop?

Welcome to the N.H.K., Owarimaonogatari, Nagi No asukara, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans a few other I can't list of the top of my head.

Welcome to the NHK is hilarious. Great banter

Steve

What are people's thoughts on the studio that made Gangsta going into liquidation? I read about it a few days ago has there been anymore news?

I think it was a snowball.

They were on a very tight budget->did gangsta which had pretty low production value because of the first thing->gangsta doesn't sell well because of low production value(among other stuff)->bankrutp.

They go down with respect for trying to do something different though.

The story doesn't end on the 1st season, i would've watched the 2nd one, the story was pretty cool and i liked the vive, but it was just a fine anime, watcheable, nothing too crazy. I don't agree with them about making an anime that had more than 1 season, if something like selling bad would've made them bankrupt. The story could've gone good on a 2nd season and maybe recover the loss. Or maybe they sold WAY below expected.

But hey, i don't know how to works so i'm just speculating and stuff.

That's a good idea. I shall bare that in mind for next time :) As you say, if I were to seriously review it then compare and contrast would definitely be a good thing to include. I also know that I would score it lower than perhaps my ramble would imply, because I would have to eliminate personal preference and look at each element in isolation (as @helping said, personal experience can inflate a score quite a bit). If that is the kind of review people prefer here, I am more than happy to do that next time :)

Bear in mind that a review doesn't have to be objective in the slightest to be a proper or good review. As long as you're writing it for OTHERS, not yourself, so they know how strongly you'd recommend it to (and whom), it's probably a worthwhile review. I'm harshly critical because it's my affect, while others glow with praise. But you can do your own gimmick, you don't have to force yourself to be artificially objective (and in fact I'd argue that's not desirable, since then it's tough to tell how you really feel, and so it's tough to know how your tastes align with others').

To be honest, from what I've read of the LNs, they weren't THAT much better than the anime. It's just that with writing, you get to fill in more of the blanks with your imagination, and so you fill them in the way you like. But when it's JC Staff filling in those blanks with godawful voice acting for Accelerator, hella poor animation in Index season 2, and just general empty fanboyism for Biribiri (not to mention watering everything down), then things get really annoying really fast. That's why LNs are generally better-regarded, and why it's a crying shame when people can't into reading.

Sad news, but Manglobe was on an unfortunate slide into obscurity ever since they adapted The Sacred Blacksmith. Not a lot of wise adaptation choices in their resume after Michiko to Hatchin, to be honest. There's enough there to appreciate depending on your tastes, but hardly anything that would keep a studio afloat, and their final projects were very risky ones to try to recapture some of the magic of their early releases, which unfortunately flopped because audiences aren't as forgiving of that sort of thing as they were in the mid-2000's. They'd been living off the dry teats of TWoGK and Hayate for years now.

Pretty!

My wallpaper:

-snip-

:o 

That is really nice. Is that from anything in particular or just fan art?

COMIC SANS