Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Oh? Where are you going?

Korea in February just finishing off police background checks and job interviews. But I'll be visiting my friend in Ohio. So I'll probably try flying Dublin - > London (never understood this bit) - > new York > ohio - > cali - > Korea. Since I'm not sure when exactly I need to be in Korea my plans still aren't finalised but I'm guessing this will be the easiest route.

What phone?

Not pointless but the middle fan is so fucking loud even at lowest. Grrrrr

He does work very hard though she does help him time to time.

I haven't forgotten about my Corsair 500r. Never forget

Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a

Yeah that 500r got wrecked while I was moving house mesh side panel got busted in which is why I bought my r5.

Kind of? American airport security is really hit or miss on stuff (nice job guys). I've taken a whole computer through airport security no problem before. But I've also flown somewhere with scissors in my bag with no problem, but on the return flight they had me dig through my bag for them so the guy could measure them against a ruler. Then I had to throw them away because they were too long and weren't allowed. So it's a definite maybe.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

The one on that photo is fake...

shhhhhhh

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

You'll need to be armed all the time and be able to annihilate anyone who is a threatening me.

I laughed out loud.

easy. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

So, I just finished watching Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis and I have to say that I'm really impressed and it exceeded by a lot my almost non existent expectations.

It looked and sounded nice, but it was pretty thin on the plot, and slowly turned into a bizarre hodge-podge of ideas that felt stapled together into a show... yet I still didn't hate it so much as wish the narrative was as of as high a quality as the animation and sound.

Eh, I'm not exactly pushing it and its loud and it's pointless for me to have to such a beastly card when i'm into extreme overclocking.  Pfft. Rich wolfie  What did you do to it?

Apples and good alcohol is expensive.

The wolf is a leech taking money from poor hard working Lawrence.

Am not.

holoinamood.jpg

Has anyone here ever traveled through american airport security with internal hdd? Preparing for the big move and I'm not sure how I'm going to bring all my drives with me..

I would suggest backing up critical data somewhere. just in case. Make sure they know what they are so they dont go through something that wipes them.

Maybe get a travel case for them too.

Blarg

Apples and good alcohol is expensive.

Am not.

holoinamood.jpg

I would suggest backing up critical data somewhere. just in case. Make sure they know what they are so they dont go through something that wipes them.

Maybe get a travel case for them too.

Yeah I'm thinking I might pick up some external cases on the cheap. But I've a large number of bluray rips I don't need confiscated from me. Especially considering I legally own most of the content xD.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It looked and sounded nice, but it was pretty thin on the plot, and slowly turned into a bizarre hodge-podge of ideas that felt stapled together into a show... yet I still didn't hate it so much as wish the narrative was as of as high a quality as the animation and sound.

oh it definitely lacks the plot, it's a pretty shallow "get your sword loser, we're goin questin" type

I don't know how much plot they could have actually shoehorned in there given the source

Skybane came through for me

smB2Su9.jpg

3TB drive and SSD inbound, still need a PSU tho

gonna fire up a dedicated Plex/file server/NAS/general-computing-bitch soon and invite some people to netflix and chill plex and relax

Error: 410

Are too, but you at least feel guilty about it after a while.

Not a leach though. Simply borrowing.

Yeah I'm thinking I might pick up some external cases on the cheap. But I've a large number of bluray rips I don't need confiscated from me. Especially considering I legally own most of the content xD.

I doubt you have to claim what is on them. But make sure they understand that they are hard drives so they dont accidentally wipe them. I dont know what new machines they have added so I dont know what risk they pose to hdd.

Blarg

@Legion! YOU LIVE! YAY! (hi)

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

oh it definitely lacks the plot, it's a pretty shallow "get your sword loser, we're goin questin" type

I don't know how much plot they could have actually shoehorned in there given the source

What source plot? Wasn't this a spinoff for a CCG? I was under the impression that they literally just cobbled together ideas from that to make a plot, but gave up on making a proper narrative out of it. Which I didn't mind per se, aside from the fact that it seemed like they could have made a pretty good fantasy plot from it.

Not a leach though. Simply borrowing.

Only a leech sometimes. More of a shrew the rest of the time :)

Skybane came through for me

3TB drive and SSD inbound, still need a PSU tho

gonna fire up a dedicated Plex/file server/NAS/general-computing-bitch soon and invite some people to netflix and chill plex and relax

Hold on there man. You do realize that lots of 3TB drives have terrible life span issues. 

Its not worth your money buying one because it will probably die extremely quickly.

Other than that it is going to be pretty sweet. 

I definitely want to set up a NAS/Plex/Network Attached VM machine in the future.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

anyone have any design ideas for a custom pc case, i was thinking something vertical instead of horizontal but i need ideas

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

mmmm i wish i had a skyline

what's the sketchiest thing you've drifted ? (if you have that is) 

for me its my 03 range rover in the rain .... feels like its about to tip over xD 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

mmmm i wish i had a skyline

what's the sketchiest thing you've drifted ? (if you have that is) 

for me its my 03 range rover in the rain .... feels like its about to tip over xD 

1992 Legacy GT in the snow/ice there is a road me and some friends go do touge runs at night on from time to time and last winter I took my friends Legacy GT down that road and almost clipped a tree but I had tons of fun I will 100% do it again.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

1992 Legacy GT in the snow/ice there is a road me and some friends go do touge runs at night on from time to time and last winter I took my friends Legacy GT down that road and almost clipped a tree but I had tons of fun I will 100% do it again.

lmao sketchy for sure , ive got some good rally stints up here i do with my saturn and mini cooper :P 

i might be picking up a porsche this week , will probably do some slidey fun stuff if i get er 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

lmao sketchy for sure , ive got some good rally stints up here i do with my saturn and mini cooper :P

i might be picking up a porsche this week , will probably do some slidey fun stuff if i get er 

I found a running 200sx which I might buy and turn into a touge only car. I love doing touge its a whole different word when your running them at night vs the day at 100+ mph in the woods.

|King Of The Lost|

I found a running 200sx which I might buy and turn into a touge only car. I love doing touge its a whole different word when your running them at night vs the day at 100+ mph in the woods.

oooo something a bit different , i like :P 

ikr even doing just 50 at night seems so much faster .,... last time i was doing a night run i almost nailed a deer ... good thing i have good breaks 

Spoiler
Spoiler

anyone have any design ideas for a custom pc case, i was thinking something vertical instead of horizontal but i need ideas

get money first.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Hold on there man. You do realize that lots of 3TB drives have terrible life span issues. 

Its not worth your money buying one because it will probably die extremely quickly.

Other than that it is going to be pretty sweet. 

I definitely want to set up a NAS/Plex/Network Attached VM machine in the future.

B3URKYh.jpg

You underestimate my hording tendencies

just because I left the rest of this shithole of a forum doesn't mean I'm not still senpai

I'm not silly enough (or yolo enough like @Vitalius) to use a lone 3TB

I'm throwing it in the server RAID1 with another 3TB that I've been using for bulk storage only. Same models.

I'm probably moving my music library there too and going to link it to MediaMonkey over LAN.

I could throw another 2+1TB in there for a third soft raid 3TB and have it sync across drives after a while, but that doesn't seem very useful since in the situation both die, they're probably all going to be dead.

As of right now I'm looking to see if it's possible to read or make usable Plex metadata as standalone, to basically look through a library without the files in it. Plex maintains metadata independent, so it should be possible in theory. I'd like to keep that backed up to a UPS connected computer (main one) and push it to butt if possible too. I've never used RAID so I assume the drives are going to have to be completely blank (or can 1 be in use and 1 blank?) before creating an array, so I'll have to find a way to push around data to clean the 3TB off temporarily.

I do month external backups of my music since the best redundancy is completely isolated.

All important documents are saved to butt storage too, both MS and Google are all up in my shit.

The board Sky sent me, despite being a 990FX board is pretty damn nice with the inclusion of an M.2 slot on PCIE, so even though it only has 5 sata ports there should be plenty of room since i'm leaving OS install on that.

I was considering looking for the most noob friendly Linux variant to put on the server, but I think I might just go with a WIMboot setup since it has plenty of processing power, and it's only a server so the performance hit is a non-issue.

I kinda want to pick up at least a 250GB SSD and go full solid state and move all the mechanicals to my server. If I can get a GPU with a fanless mode, or maybe a new cooler, my PC can run completely fanless on low load.

0dB system is truly based.

What source plot? Wasn't this a spinoff for a CCG? I was under the impression that they literally just cobbled together ideas from that to make a plot, but gave up on making a proper narrative out of it. Which I didn't mind per se, aside from the fact that it seemed like they could have made a pretty good fantasy plot from it.

Only a leech sometimes. More of a shrew the rest of the time :)

Yeah, it was. But I figure the plot must have something vaguely related to the game. Making content for a story is a bit different than making a story for content, if you catch my drift.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was adapted from a game. I had a good impression of it before, but that made me a bit more lenient.

It's hard to explain, but if you go to deep things might not work out too well. Take Yu Gi Oh or Pokemans or something and reskin GoT with it. It's gonna be weird.

Of course this is an exaggeration but hopefully you kind of get what I'm trying to express here.

Because saltine crackers can still be filling, but will likely never alienate or taste bad to anyone. Given what it is, it meets expectations and the shortfall of it makes sense in my head. It would be great if there was more to it, but I'll accept it.

It fulfills the original intent reasonably well, IMO.

Error: 410

get money first.

speaking of moneys i gots more :D 

post-121932-0-16407700-1442974280.gif

MUSTN'T SPEND IT>.< 

Spoiler
Spoiler

oooo something a bit different , i like :P

ikr even doing just 50 at night seems so much faster .,... last time i was doing a night run i almost nailed a deer ... good thing i have good breaks 

breaks on my current car are fucked over

|King Of The Lost|

get money first.

i just need some design ideas, money will be the problem when i get to the part where i need money

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com