Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

The only good thing about my degree- if I'm feeling ill, I am obligated to not turn up for work. Yay for sick day...boo for this damn sore throat. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

This was found on the official persona facebook page

12032948_10156092818960554_2003207747737

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hey guys, can I be a part of this group.  Is there any requirements to join or anything.

I'm pretty new to it, but I love Anime and want to join :)

PM @MyInnerFred. He'll sort you out :)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

oh the struggles continue past that and into spice and wolf season 3

WHERE IS IT DAMIT ;-;

Read the light novels! Drunken Wolf Translations!

Throw a "Kill me now" caption and it'll be perfect...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

7863de44fe7830c9658ebb179d6b0336.png

i found this way more hilarious then i should have.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Not a leach though. Simply borrowing.

I doubt you have to claim what is on them. But make sure they understand that they are hard drives so they dont accidentally wipe them. I dont know what new machines they have added so I dont know what risk they pose to hdd.

Thanks mate, I'm just concerned about walking through an airport with 8 or so drives in my possession although I doubt a pervert would be so brazen . But I only hear bad things about airport security so it had me frightened even though I've done nothing wrong xD

To think of it... Security work sounds easy, at least here where no-one really is creating trouble, and those who are, can be dealt with by speaking to them. Maybe only around 0,5% - 2% of the time have security professionals here have to even think of using pepper spray / taser. Too bad it requires a specific 3 - 4 year study...

You are finally moving to South Korea? I can imagine the legal process being fiddly when it comes to immigration.

Good luck, Legion. Hope it all goes well.

It is straight forward enough , just agreeing to a lot of terms and conditions that I actually have to read so I don't get my visa cancelled. I'm more concerned about getting all my hardware over. Its going to cost a fortune -.-.Have one more interview in october but it should be smooth sailing after that. I hope...

Then comes the fun part of fiddling around with documents in a language I can't read properly. All that said I'm really looking forward to it. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Didn't think you were dumb enough to use a single 3TB but for the love of all your completely above board, legally acquired media, I wouldn't want to see you struggle trying to reacquire it.

You could try freeNAS. From what I've seen it looks fairly user friendly. It has a good plex plugin as well. 

If you went that route you could use ZFS which has some nice metadata monitoring techniques. Ones that would recognize and fix a corrupted byte. Whereas a typical raid setup would just ignore it and let it spread and corrupt your other data before trying to fix it and probably end up failing.

He doesn't have to use FreeNAS to use ZFS.

http://zfsonlinux.org/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/6398-howto-create-your-own-linux-home-server-using-debian/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34274-zfs-explanation-needed/

https://pthree.org/2012/04/17/install-zfs-on-debian-gnulinux/

My server consists of the following:

* SuperMicro MicrATX server motherboard with 8 core embedded CPU.

* 32GB of RAM

* a single 4TB WD Red for storage

* a single 120GB Corsair SSD for fast storage

* a single 16GB flash drive for OS storage

* ZFS installed and a pool made ofthe single 4TB

* All of the above in a small Cooler Master HAF X Stacker case.

I could make a wall of super powerful storage servers if I had the time and money (since the stacker can be built up infinitely basically).

@helping

If you are lazy, then either follow the guides I listed, or use FreeNAS. FreeNAS gives a GUI and you can have a server up within 30 minutes without reading much about it beyond the basics.

I know stuff so if you have specific questions, ask plz (it's why I have my trusted advisor badge).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Vitalius

The reason I said FreeNas was because of how easy it is to set up. And it has an easy to install plugin for Plex.

Its really just the lazy way. Which is totally fine.

But ya you can use ZFS on any distro of Linux. But I'm sure there's a lot of messing around to get Windows to recognize the drives. FreeNAS can handle that for you if you don't feel like taking the time to use a different distro.

Also ya I knew you knew more about servers then I did so I was kinda waiting for you to weigh in.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

True but there is so many things about it I really don't like

What do you expect. It's corsair. Is that what we're talking about? I forgot

Yeah that 500r got wrecked while I was moving house mesh side panel got busted in which is why I bought my r5.

141115020046818327.gif

breaks on my current car are fucked over

My bike has no brakes. Well, just about.

Opo

Fair enough. No idea how they work xD

Steve

Sorry I've been afk as of late. College is intense this semester and haven't had much free time. I'll be more engaging when the semester is over.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Another "amazing" trick by mat franco.

it's kind of cool that the dude "innovated" on classic tricks and won the hearts of millions of AGT voters.

But he kinda goes too far when he actually just blatantly copy someones iconic routine without even acknowledging them. The guy even stole the jokes. The father for this routine(Glass Bottle v.v.) would be Tommy Cooper in case you're interested.

Although I can honestly say that his patter is extremely fluid and world class.

P.S. This trick is simply mind-boggling to laymen and the wonder and awesomeness would just vanish if you actually know how it works.

since I ranted, have Alice and Kirisame as my apology

Touhou.full.1924227.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Quote moved from the week's polling thread to move off-topic clutter away (and dumb it here... lol)

Featured_STAGEAFAID_FINAL.png?resize=100

Im probably gonna attend Saturday. Theres a chance that i can go 2 days Sat and Sun. I use an old Casio Exifilm EXS200 shitty but useful

Im not gonna attend ANISONG concerts because shit costs so much money like an actual concert yo. i only have money for Stage and Exhibition, Stage is where Cosplay and Movies Play

I guess that's something (event).

As for camera... Not too shabby (read: "it's kinda poop"), but should get the job done to provide us some photo material, that is, if you are willing to share them, of course. I wish I could loan you my DSLR (Canon 1000D) that's only gathering dust at the moment, but shipping it to Indonesia and back would cost too much.

If you are ever on the market for a camera upgrade and need some advice on what to get, I can help, and the photography section of this forum is really helpful too.

aya_s_fast_scoop_by_fiberz98-d8381ad.jpg

since I ranted, have Alice and Kirisame as my apology

Touhou.full.1924227.jpg

A little odd to use the first name for a person, and then use the surname for another person in the same context... Just saying. :lol:

EDIT: @MyInnerFred I have a feeling you are liking my posts solely because of the Touhou fanart included...

holo___spice_and_wolf_ii_by_ergh3-d5s7j0

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Oh yea, how much would you sell it for and does it have a lens?

Didn't you already have the Nikon D3100? Canon 1000D would be a downgrade from that.

I have 2 lenses: kit lens and the EF 50mm f/1.8 II, neither of which are compatible with Nikon cameras (Canon lenses... derp).

If I could, I'd sell it for around 100€ with the kit lens, but not many people would buy it for that price anymore. Besides, discussing about this is to be done in PM's or Classifieds, since it would breach the CoC of LTT.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

makes me think of the tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell.

apfsds_my_ass_by_shinigami195-d39d25t.jp

Read the light novels! Drunken Wolf Translations!

Started reading again last night. Been too distracted. 

Thanks mate, I'm just concerned about walking through an airport with 8 or so drives in my possession although I doubt a pervert would be so brazen . But I only hear bad things about airport security so it had me frightened even though I've done nothing wrong xD

All you ever hear are the bad stories. Most of the time stuff is fine and easy. Just a few questions. Look at whats in the bag and on your way. Just keep the drives as your carry on. (try to keep it as compact as you can with a tough exterior)

Blarg

After submerging myself over the past days in just furiously micro-inspecting all the upcoming Fall shows, their source materials (if applicable) and staff confidence, this is what I came up with: http://goo.gl/0t2Dxl

Slim pickings, but at least the ones I'm hyped for I'm REALLY freaking hyped for.

Unfortunately a lot of copypasta fantasy settings this season, apart from Comet Lucifer.

I also picked a random completed anime based on episode length (12 minutes, for eating) and it started well:

Vivid-Namiuchigiwa-no-Muromi-san-01-04AA

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Each Nana episode i have has a little "spoiler" in the tittle, is not just "Nana 33, Nana 33" and stuff, it's so hard to not read the tittles of the episodes i have left D:

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Anyone been watching Jitsu wa Watashi wa? Actually really like it, but the anime is finishing really early. Episode 10 is only around chapter 19 out of a current 92 chapters in the manga. Took me ages to find all of the current chapters for download, but it's definitely worth reading over watching if you ask me. 

4135875-01.jpg

Found a evga sc 980 for $400. But its a 2 hour drive to where it is. Hmmm...

if i were you i would take it, but thats just me

EDIT: 70500th post :D

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Well my car is back on the road again. It has the wrong color fender, missing an indicator on the bumper, hood overlaps the fender a bit but it drives and that is what matters lol

Sounds like the car of a "Starving Artist" if you ask me :P

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Anyone been watching Jitsu wa Watashi wa? Actually really like it, but the anime is finishing really early. Episode 10 is only around chapter 19 out of a current 92 chapters in the manga. Took me ages to find all of the current chapters for download, but it's definitely worth reading over watching if you ask me. 

4135875-01.jpg

I will have to look into it. 

if i were you i would take it, but thats just me

I dont know. Long drive just for that. Done it before.

Blarg