Nintendo's Next console will launch within the next 79 years

Lightwreather
6 hours ago, BuckGup said:

The steamdeck is going to destroy switch sales

If they treat the Steam deck in way way like they did with the Index, the deck isn't going to be available for most of the world for years after it's release.

Still can't order one in Australia and the Valve Index was only released in Aus September of THIS YEAR.

Anyone who wants a switch already has one, and people who want to play nintendo games are going to buy a switch. Switch emulators (or any emulators in general) are not at a point where it will significantly affect hardware sales.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its not really theft, if you own the game, you oen the game, no matter what nintendo says

99% of the people using game emulators do so to pirate games. 

Yes I know emulators in them selves aren’t piracy, but just as jail break of iPhone most people use it for piracy. 

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

On a serious note, something of interest in Nintendo report is that the company shared their user based age data (for the Switch):

1470149155_Screenshot2021-11-08224941.png.5baa0aa85dd8cdc25627785cad004c5c.png

Source - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/211105e.pdf (page 8)

Huh there seem to be a lot of boomers /s

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Me here just wanting a more modern spec Gamecube / GBA

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

If they treat the Steam deck in way way like they did with the Index, the deck isn't going to be available for most of the world for years after it's release.

Still can't order one in Australia and the Valve Index was only released in Aus September of THIS YEAR.

That's more of a regional issue to be honest. The Index is currently available at the moment in most of Europe and of course in the US and I think Canada as well. Regardless the Steam Deck is going to be in higher demand in most if not all countries not only due to price but also due to the type of product that it is since there are more people interest in good value PC handheld than high end VR headsets. So there should be wider availability at launch.

13 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

That's more of a regional issue to be honest.

yes but also no. Valve controls where they can sell their stuff. i doubt entire countries are telling Valve "no you can't sell the steam deck in OUR country"

So not only is it not going to be available for large chunk of the world, when or if it is made available, it's going to be so scarce that people are not going to say "well i'm not buying a switch, ill wait until i can get my hands on a steam deck"

If someone really needs a portable gaming device, they will use their phone or a switch. if they really want portable PC gaming, they will go get a gaming laptop, because who knows when the steam deck is going to be available to everyone else.

I would love to get one, but i don't see it happening for.......the foreseeable future if their handling of the Index is anything to go by.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

doubt. 

the switch and the steamdeck will cut into eachother's sales, but the switch and deck are very diffrent core audiences.

Pretty sure you could emulate the Switch on the Steamdeck. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

yea you can, but the experince won't be very consistent.

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

6 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

Oh, yeah, 8 Navi 2 cores and 4 zen 2 cores with a pckagepower of 15w is enough to run a emulator that brings high end systems to their knees

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Spindel said:

99% of the people using game emulators do so to pirate games. 

Yes I know emulators in them selves aren’t piracy, but just as jail break of iPhone most people use it for piracy. 

most people who jailbreak iphones use it for customisability

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2069 release date for the Switch 2 it is then.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, Joduko said:

Me here just wanting a more modern spec Gamecube / GBA

At this point, look at a pi handheld.  Fun project and you get something cool out of it. 

On 11/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

wow so impressive to know

Become a half life/gta/tes fan and you would become aware of your privilege

On 11/9/2021 at 6:19 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Oh, yeah, 8 Navi 2 cores and 4 zen 2 cores with a pckagepower of 15w is enough to run a emulator that brings high end systems to their knees

someone somewhere unfortunately got their hands on liquid nitrogen and they might have no ethics, or morality, or sensibility.

I don't see why they even need a new console. The Switch does everything you need it to do, they just need ot make more games for it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

8 minutes ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

The Switch does everything you need it to do

Idk, I'd like to play Pokemon Unite with more than 20fps. They need to make a hardware upgrade at some point and I feel like it should be rather sooner (~2 years) than later (~5 years from now) 

25 minutes ago, Medicate said:

Idk, I'd like to play Pokemon Unite with more than 20fps. They need to make a hardware upgrade at some point and I feel like it should be rather sooner (~2 years) than later (~5 years from now) 

From nintendo's past, it's more than likely that it'll be replaced 4 or 5 years.

The DS and 3ds both lasted for about 9 years.

Older stuff:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

I don't see why they even need a new console. The Switch does everything you need it to do, they just need ot make more games for it.

Except run good frame rates in most new titles.

the hardware is hampering software and it’s showing. I’m supprised they didn’t do a 3ds style mid gen refresh to keep the hardware up to date

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 11/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, Obioban said:

I just want a 4K via DLSS, HDR variant.  

DLSS - It's possible since the Switch has NVIDIA graphics in it.

Also a Toms's Hardware article says that DLSS is coming to the Switch:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nintendo-upgraded-switch-new-nvidia-soc

HDR - The hardware supports HDR but Nintendo didn't enable it in software for some reason...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 hours ago, Vishera said:

HDR - The hardware supports HDR but Nintendo didn't enable it in software for some reason...

From what I’ve read, the switch only has a HDMI 1.4 spec USB-C port which does not support HDR. You need HDMI 2.0 at minimum. 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, Vishera said:

Yeah, that's why I said it-- seems like a very easily achievable update to the switch, that would make for massive improvements in the user experience. They basically just need to go from a 10 year old chip set to a 6-7 year old chip set 😛

Supposedly Nintendo has been telling developers to provide 4k assets for a while, so it feels like they're laying the ground work...