Slightly disappointed at the latest content from LTT

Misanthrope

If I'm being honest, I kind of agree with you. Only a little bit though. It's still Linus, and I like the way he does his videos now. I do agree with you that there ought to be more hardware.

I'm quite happy to wait.

I trust Linus' benchmarks more than I trust most other tech channels, personally. I feel he has always provided us with a remarkably un-biased and factual overview of the products from both companies. And besides, I'd feel much more satisfied in watching a benchmark video that took a lot of time and effort to make instead of one that was just rushed out of the door to grab a part of the hype surrounding a product's announcement. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

why not just not watch the audio videos or whatever videos pertinent to tech (which is what I gander the channel to be about) which don't interest you?

seems pretty simple.  

Error: 410

Don't really see the point of reviewing that gpu's performance unless you don't know how to multiply by two; everyone kinda knows how fast a single r9 290x is, noise results would make much more sense.

And with gpu's; if two gpu's from amd/nvidia have the same price they perform the same - no need to look at benchmarks. List a few hardware reviews that have been really useful for you other than performance tests or case reviews, there aren't that many out there.

if you dont like it, there is an "x" in the top right corner you can press at any time. you wont have to worry about it any more. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Another thing to consider is cards are not released as often and they're not something you upgrade that frequently either, so it's not like you'll be seeing graphic card videos as often as peripherals.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Another thing to consider is cards are not released as often and they're not something you upgrade that frequently either, so it's not like you'll be seeing graphic card videos as often as peripherals.

So you're telling me people upgrade 500 dollar speakers and headsets "constantly" or even "frequently"? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

if you dont like it, there is an "x" in the top right corner you can press at any time. you wont have to worry about it any more.

why not just not watch the audio videos or whatever videos pertinent to tech (which is what I gander the channel to be about) which don't interest you?

seems pretty simple.

So rather than just pack my shit and move on, I actually take him on when he always says he invites constructive criticism, I rather (maybe not quite) politely say "Hey don't forget about us PC enthusiasts! We're kinda bored with the other stuff already" than to just unsubscribe and stop watching. But you're entirely right if anybody in LTT would consider this thread too damning, too aggressive, too rude or not useful at all I'd gladly have this deleted and would refrain from ever bringing up said subjects and gain and watch other youtubers no problem

-------

Current Rig

-------

why not just don't watch what doesn't interest you? I don't watch everything they put out.

watch other youtubers no problem

there u go

Error: 410

So you're telling me people upgrade 500 dollar speakers and headsets "constantly" or even "frequently"?

He's comparing them for the first time, if anything he's expanding but he won't be doing this forever. I'd be surprised if he compares more than 5 sets of speakers.

And the thing is, I'm sure that most people watching already have graphic cards, but not all have good audio already. He's helping a lot of people make their first and probably only high end audio purchase in years. He won't be getting "should I get these speakers or wait for the next series" questions about them every couple months cause these things aren't changed up by manufacturers that much.

Also, I'm not here to defend everything he does. Did you see the bug hunting salt gun video? I'm not really ever going to buy it but it was fun and I probably would've never found out it existed. Not that my life was improved after learning about it, but it was fun.

Speakers on the other hand are something I and many others might end up getting at some point.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I don't have an R9 295X2.

I've already expressed my disappointment to AMD, but there's not much more for me to do.

It's not going to make or break my channel if I do or don't do a review of it, and I'm not going to throw a tantrum about it like some reviewers would because quite frankly it's their choice who they sample things to. I personally think it benefits AMD to have the card covered by the largest PC hardware channel on YouTube, but if they don't think so, then that's 100% their chioce.

There's 100% no hard feelings though. If they find one in a crate somewhere and send it to me, I'll happily cover it, and if they don't, then I guess the worst thing that can happen is that I get to keep enjoying the "lol Linus is an NVIDIA fanboy because he has reviews of their video cards up on launch day and not AMD" nonsense that only happens because NVIDIA keeps me in the loop and makes sure I get samples of their cards before launch and AMD doesn't.

As for the argument that $500 speaker videos are irrelevant... Is it safe to say a $1500 GPU video is also irrelevant? I would suggest that a $500 pair of speakers is a MUCH more sound investment than a $500 GPU, never mind a $1500 one :P

I've already expressed my disappointment to AMD, but there's not much more for me to do.

It's not going to make or break my channel if I do or don't do a review of it, and I'm not going to throw a tantrum about it like some reviewers would because quite frankly it's their choice who they sample things to. I personally think it benefits AMD to have the card covered by the largest PC hardware channel on YouTube, but if they don't think so, then that's 100% their chioce.

There's 100% no hard feelings though. If they find one in a crate somewhere and send it to me, I'll happily cover it, and if they don't, then I guess the worst thing that can happen is that I get to keep enjoying the "lol Linus is an NVIDIA fanboy because he has reviews of their video cards up on launch day and not AMD" nonsense that only happens because NVIDIA keeps me in the loop and makes sure I get samples of their cards before launch and AMD doesn't.

As for the argument that $500 speaker videos are irrelevant... Is it safe to say a $1500 GPU video is also irrelevant? I would suggest that a $500 pair of speakers is a MUCH more sound investment than a $500 GPU, never mind a $1500 one :P

icwutudidthere ;)

Well, no offence to them, but they aren't really going to bring anything new to the board than Austin Evans or Hardware Cunnucks. Its overclocking performance is pretty shit so they don't have that much new stuff to bring to the board.  Plus I don't know who this is aimed at.  Its one bloody expensive card an also is a weird ass setup for a gamer.  Maybe linus should do a review like CustomPC magazine does where they do performance on folding and mining as well. I'd like to see the mining stats of it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Some people might just be interested in the reviews he's doing. Just saying.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just wanted to say that not everyone got their review units yet.

Who needs a review sample when you can just buy 2 cans of pringles and a bottle of water?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Linus just won life

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

It's been released since yesterday...

The official release date ofthe card is April 21st, reviews are getting units now the NDA is sooner however Linus said on twitter he didn't get a sample so there given that AMD didn't give him one and they aren't for sale yet there is NO way he can get one right now. 

You'd obviously know more about this than me, but with these limited run GPU units is it not more common that reviews will have to, in a sense, share cards? Like they have a list of 1000 people to send cards to, but because they only make a few of these they send 100 out but ask for them to be returned, and send on to the next 100 and what not? Why LTT wouldn't be at the top of that list I can't fathom but I wouldn't rule out one coming yet. 

I don't mind waiting through the keyboard/audio reviews that Linus makes. Sometimes it's cool to venture into topics that I normally know nothing about.

If you're really begging for a 295X2 review, Linus isn't the person you should run to. He makes tech funny and accessible, but Anandtech wins it hands down in terms of comprehensiveness and depth. Don't blame the youtubers; Linus can't cram an Anandtech review (more like a hour-long analysis) into 5 minutes worth of video content.

i dont think you really have the rights to tell linus what to do, you cant expect him to do only the things you like.

the reson he makes reviews of products that you dont want to see is probobly beacuse other pepole do want

just dont watch it.

linus didnt got a 295x review unit.....

Didn't say they are irrelevant, I said I personally don't care about them. I acknowledge others do, and I also acknowledge why most people wouldn't understand why I am fascinated with a product I will never in my life actually buy myself like the 295x. But I think it's fair to say you have said yourself you're looking to attract new audiences so one inevitable consequence of that is the difficulty of finding a balance between getting new viewers and expanding and not letting the loyal PC geeks feel left out wouldn't you say?

And yeah no reply is necessary, just some food for thought.

-------

Current Rig

-------

As opposed to 50 different headsets with even less differentiation between them?

You mean the ones with actual features worth discussing? Linus is at his best when he's willing to explore different types of technology because his reviews become more informative. He reviews all sorts of things, even repetitively. All you're doing is using audio as an excuse to complain that he hasn't done an R9 295X review yet - which, by the way, just came out and Linus has reported not receiving a review sample of.

A lot of PC gamers view Linus' videos, and frankly, don't know much about audio. It's nice to see someone who knows something about PC gaming and hardware actually discuss audio. Frankly, it's one of the more overlooked areas in technology outside of audiophile forums and circles.

Ever think that maybe he makes those videos because people want to, I don't know, see them?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

You mean the ones with actual features worth discussing? Linus is at his best when he's willing to explore different types of technology because his reviews become more informative. He reviews all sorts of things, even repetitively. All you're doing is using audio as an excuse to complain that he hasn't done an R9 295X review yet - which, by the way, just came out and Linus has reported not receiving a review sample of.

A lot of PC gamers view Linus' videos, and frankly, don't know much about audio. It's nice to see someone who knows something about PC gaming and hardware actually discuss audio. Frankly, it's one of the more overlooked areas in technology outside of audiophile forums and circles.

Ever think that maybe he makes those videos because people want to, I don't know, see them?

Impossibru. 

This channel should only be about GPUs, motherboards and Slick getting fired.