Slightly disappointed at the latest content from LTT

Misanthrope

to be honest i like the audio stuff because i was looking into a new set of speakers and most people will only want to see a $1000+ gpu and not buy one. To me its like the titan and titan z its not really a benefit because it performs slightly better than the top of line in titan blacks case the same and or slightly better as 2 in titan z's case and the same goes for R295X2's case plus with all of the "pro nvidia" and "no amd" air that people like to surround linus with it may have and this is a stretch here, but decided not to send him one while all the rumors maybe untrue and he has proven that he likes amd, but with a community that perpetrates specific ideals then amd might not have wanted to send him one. Then if this is true its the AMD fanboys fault because they think linus is a fanboy of nVidia or they just forgot or they might be sending him on later because of legal restrictions we dont know whats happening. so this is my advice stop caring and enjoy the content we get 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

You mean the ones with actual features worth discussing?

They might be worth discussing for you, but for me it's all but pointless to discuss entirely subjective features that can't be measured at all vs quantifiable features you can actually benchmark precisely. For starters, even if I was to assume Linus has a very widely well regarded taste for those kind of subjective audio features I personally still wouldn't listen to his 2 cents simply because he never mentions any music genre I'm even remotely interested in. 

I am a music lover myself and I do care about sound however the sound dynamics I would look for my preferences (metal and some rock) would never coincide with his personal taste and this is clearly evident on all his audio reviews: over emphasis on bass response and when some attention is paid to other parts of the range is always the highs. That's the hallmark of electronic and dance music and it would sound terrible for the kind of music I'm into.

But even then most of that it's still irrelevant because sounds it's too subjective: I really cannot make a buying decision on any audio product without going to a music store and listening for myself. I can get an idea of what it would sound like. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

They might be worth discussing for you, but for me it's all but pointless to discuss entirely subjective features that can't be measured at all vs quantifiable features you can actually benchmark precisely. For starters, even if I was to assume Linus has a very widely well regarded taste for those kind of subjective audio features I personally still wouldn't listen to his 2 cents simply because he never mentions any music genre I'm even remotely interested in. 

I am a music lover myself and I do care about sound however the sound dynamics I would look for my preferences (metal and some rock) would never coincide with his personal taste and this is clearly evident on all his audio reviews: over emphasis on bass response and when some attention is paid to other parts of the range is always the highs. That's the hallmark of electronic and dance music and it would sound terrible for the kind of music I'm into.

But even then most of that it's still irrelevant because sounds it's too subjective: I really cannot make a buying decision on any audio product without going to a music store and listening for myself. I can get an idea of what it would sound like. 

You don't say.

There are a million objective benchmarks all over the internet detailing different products. Everyone has a different audio taste. At least Linus covers audio products that not a lot of people have touched (HD8 DJs).

You want someone who does nothing different? Go watch Austin Evans.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

You don't say.

There are a million objective benchmarks all over the internet detailing different products. Everyone has a different audio taste. At least Linus covers audio products that not a lot of people have touched (HD8 DJs).

You want someone who does nothing different? Go watch Austin Evans.

This time I'm not even gonna quote myself in response to the "go away" argument, you can go back and look it up if you truly want a response, which I know you don't so I'm just disengaging.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This time I'm not even gonna quote myself in response to the "go away" argument, you can go back and look it up if you truly want a response, which I know you don't so I'm just disengaging.

I put this in Google Translate to figure out what you were trying to say.

"I don't want to keep arguing, so stop being mean to me."

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Go start your own channel and stop QQ'ing that Linus happens to review shit that isn't a GPU or motherboard. 

My god, you are a child. 

LTT is a community made up of people with many different experience levels and interest.  I may not be interested in a set of speakers that Linus is reviewing but other people are.  It's part of our culture.  I don't have to watch the video if I don't want too.  I like the direction that LTT is going and I enjoyed the guest host, nothing wrong with hearing from other members of the community every now and then.  It will give Linus more time to get samples like Forbes does.  ;)

I'm kinda on same tracks here. Lately I haven't watched any tech youtube videos. For two reasons. Nothing really interesting for me is being presented and Linus doesn't do real unboxings anymore. I don't mind the million audio videos on the feed. They are propably done on few days and released during month or two so it will seem like its only those. More annoyed I'm about all the "gaming" laptops. But I don't like them as tech piece anyway.

I don't follow tech that I'm not about to buy in next 6 months. I keep eye on certain things to keep my hobbyism alive. But checking every single review or overlook on GPU's is just waste of time. The performace tests aren't important, even comparison ones. I can check that information from PassMark. What would interest me are noise levels and cooling performance. The actually important stuff when I choose brand and model. For the really expensive stuff that I'm not gonna buy thing is bit different. I watch them if they are like supercars in Top Gear. Presented in interesting way.

For case "unboxings" I've lately used some other youtuber (Tek Syndicate and TTL). Reason being that case unboxings were main thing for me to subscribe. But since there really isn't any unboxings done by Linus anymore I don't see point watching them on his channel. There isn't even box! The unboxings could also be done with professional look with brolls and stuff. I liked the surprises during the overlook.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The official release date ofthe card is April 21st, reviews are getting units now the NDA is sooner however Linus said on twitter he didn't get a sample so there given that AMD didn't give him one and they aren't for sale yet there is NO way he can get one right now. 

...Read my previous post.... "Which means that the info was released. The actual specs of the card was released by AMD yesterday and when they did that reviewers where allowed to put their videos/reviews out. Thus it was "released". Just not in the since of which you mean which is purchasing. Just wanted to state that there are multiple meanings when you say amd(or any manufacturer) "released" their card."

It's on page 2

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

...Read my previous post.... "Which means that the info was released. The actual specs of the card was released by AMD yesterday and when they did that reviewers where allowed to put their videos/reviews out. Thus it was "released". Just not in the since of which you mean which is purchasing. Just wanted to state that there are multiple meanings when you say amd(or any manufacturer) "released" their card."

It's on page 2

But in the context you used it in, it being "released" doesn't change anything. The card has not been released to the general public, so if Linus wasn't sent one he can't get one yet. There is also a chance with as limited of a run as this card will be that they have very few samples and reviewers will be required to either send them back so AMD can send them to someone else, or they will have to forward them along. It wouldn't be the first time that it was done this way with very limited run cards, and that would also explain why the NDA was lifted 2 weeks before the card is released since they are pretty much always on the day the card comes out

But in the context you used it in, it being "released" doesn't change anything. The card has not been released to the general public, so if Linus wasn't sent one he can't get one yet. There is also a chance with as limited of a run as this card will be that they have very few samples and reviewers will be required to either send them back so AMD can send them to someone else, or they will have to forward them along. It wouldn't be the first time that it was done this way with very limited run cards, and that would also explain why the NDA was lifted 2 weeks before the card is released since they are pretty much always on the day the card comes out

Why are you explaining this to me? I know this.... I never said that Linus could get one right now if he wanted to. Or if anyone else wanted to. I just stated that technically it has been "released". Just not many reviewers have received the card at the moment.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

OP i just wanted to say.

I truely fucking love you.

And yeah, you made my day with the chopping your head joke, AWESOME !

But seriously... while a lot of people will accuse the author of being offensive in some sense, i truely agree, i don't give a damn about Audio products, i'm not probably changing my headphones for the next 5 Years if they work as well as they do now, and if i'm looking for an audio review, i'll go the written route.

Now here's the thing, and i know that people can't wait to chop my head off as well, i NEVER said that audio products' reviews should be taken away from the audience that adhere to them... as long as   the content i always used to dedicate my time to is always here.

Linus eventually does reviews of everything, but i'm missing that "Launch date" splash that he used to make in the past, there are priorities, and i'm expecting Linus to throw away anything he has, even a tablet if a new GFX arrived.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Most of that is speculation though: I've seen lots of other, way smaller youtube channels getting their review samples. Even other somebody else Canadian based so you can disregard most shipping issues. Linus himself doesn't has an explanation he's willing to make public other than "Ball is on AMD's court" but that "limited run" just doesn't play when much smaller outlets got it on time like I said.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Most of that is speculation though: I've seen lots of other, way smaller youtube channels getting their review samples. Even other somebody else Canadian based so you can disregard most shipping issues. Linus himself doesn't has an explanation he's willing to make public other than "Ball is on AMD's court" but that "limited run" just doesn't play when much smaller outlets got it on time like I said.

I'll back you up on this by saying that Linus is one of the very HUGE youtubers, the fact of him not getting a card is mind-blowing.

Frankly speaking, i wasn't happy looking at others tearing you apart, now, i can see in part why this has taken place, it's their "almost" blindful love for Linus, fortunatly, i didn't refer to the apparent aspect of your criticism, i'm clearly frustrated by the lack of quality video card launch coverage, and even if there is, it's somewhat displeasing to me. (i'll hopefully get into this on another topic, be sure to tune in)

I'll back you up on this by saying that Linus is one of the very HUGE youtubers, the fact of him not getting a card is mind-blowing.

Frankly speaking, i wasn't happy looking at others tearing you apart, now, i can see in part why this has taken place, it's their "almost" blindful love for Linus, fortunatly, i didn't refer to the apparent aspect of your criticism, i'm clearly frustrated by the lack of quality video card launch coverage, and even if there is, it's somewhat displeasing to me. (i'll hopefully get into this on another topic, be sure to tune in)

He is huge compared to most of the other "tech" channels that got their sample. However you can partially see some reasoning behind it right here: Some here have flatout accused guys like Austin Evans of never deviating from the same types of videos while at the same time praising Linus for his creativity and willingness to explore other subjects. For some fans (either very new fans that got into because of the audio and peripheral reviews of late or unreasonably loyal as you describe) are more than happy but if you were a PR or marketing rep for a computer tech company, would you go to a guy who's clearly stepping away from tried and true PC tech? Or just go for guys that more consistently deliver content to their niche audience? It's all about reaching the best possible audience for your product and somehow I don't think audio enthusiasts are buying a dual GPU, water cooled 1500 card.

Again this is complete speculation on my part and I'm not saying Linus shouldn't step away from PC tech, partially or completely, gradually or not, whatever. If he's into all that other stuff and finds an audience that's into it, amazing I'm happy for all parts involved. But a lot of people here are kinda forgetting that this is pretty much a new form of journalism here: Is not traditional but unboxings, youtube video reviews and such are just that, journalism and criticizing a journalist for posting the same kind of news is unfair: that's kind of the point of watching some of this youtube channels. I've been doing the same stuff for years, except 10 years ago it was several blogs and 20 years ago I was subscribed to various PC and Gaming magazines. Now it's youtube tech channels but the result is the same, there's no shame in reporting in on new tech and sticking to a niche audience.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He is huge compared to most of the other "tech" channels that got their sample. However you can partially see some reasoning behind it right here: Some here have flatout accused guys like Austin Evans of never deviating from the same types of videos while at the same time praising Linus for his creativity and willingness to explore other subjects. For some fans (either very new fans that got into because of the audio and peripheral reviews of late or unreasonably loyal as you describe) are more than happy but if you were a PR or marketing rep for a computer tech company, would you go to a guy who's clearly stepping away from tried and true PC tech? Or just go for guys that more consistently deliver content to their niche audience? It's all about reaching the best possible audience for your product and somehow I don't think audio enthusiasts are buying a dual GPU, water cooled 1500 card.

Again this is complete speculation on my part and I'm not saying Linus shouldn't step away from PC tech, partially or completely, gradually or not, whatever. If he's into all that other stuff and finds an audience that's into it, amazing I'm happy for all parts involved. But a lot of people here are kinda forgetting that this is pretty much a new form of journalism here: Is not traditional but unboxings, youtube video reviews and such are just that, journalism and criticizing a journalist for posting the same kind of news is unfair: that's kind of the point of watching some of this youtube channels. I've been doing the same stuff for years, except 10 years ago it was several blogs and 20 years ago I was subscribed to various PC and Gaming magazines. Now it's youtube tech channels but the result is the same, there's no shame in reporting in on new tech and sticking to a niche audience.

I see where you're coming at, and i partially agree, there's still some good in Linus' video card reviews, i just find the form no longer appealing. (subbed since his 60k subs quite some time ago)

Linus can do whatever the hell he wants, still, it isn't in anyway unreasonnable to think he should supply content to old subs such as me, Linus has a video upload pipeline (two to three videos each day when things are going good) i understand that, but the ultimate quest to "balance" shouldn't be random... i feel like LMG became a "Produce and Let Others Consume" company, once something is ready, just throw it for them to enjoy, no one has the least right to expect his video a day or two earlier he just have to "wait".

It's unfair to say the least, niche or not niche, i'm sure that every GFX review gets more than what any ordinary audio product would, in a perfect scenario i would imagine LMG pumping a video of each category on a daily basis, but this is just not gonna happen any time soon, for that they'll need to grow.

With that said, my least expectations would be to have 10 videos of every detailed aspect of that card the next morning.

I'm not being utopian or anything, look at some of the coverage he's done in the past "alone", Slick and Diezel weren't even onboard, it's in everyone's right to expect more, when Linus is no longer solo in this adventure.

Linus can do whatever the hell he wants, still, it isn't in anyway unreasonnable to think he should supply content to old subs such as me.

Precisely. I am glad somebody was able to go beyond their gut reaction and realize that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I never gave it much thought earlier, but perhaps AMD is acting this way to give more control over the information available or possibly make finding information on it more difficult?

I can certainly understand why they might want to do that. 

Error: 410

I very rarely watch any of the 'product overview' videos anymore. Unless I have a particular interest in the product or company, which is quite rare.

They're just not very interesting. Unless you're specifically wanting to buy the product. It's like walking into a shop and being demonstrated a product you have no intention of ever buying.

I very rarely watch any of the 'product overview' videos anymore. Unless I have a particular interest in the product or company, which is quite rare.

They're just not very interesting. Unless you're specifically wanting to buy the product. It's like walking into a shop and being demonstrated a product you have no intention of ever buying.

Lol, it's like if you were reading inside my mind.

By the way, transforming unboxings into overviews was a TERRIBLE idea, i cannot emphasize this enough.

A bit of a personal comment, but i longer have interest in videos where the product is already taken out of the box, unboxings are no longer unboxing, they just became "Video footage of the box's content."

It plays out on my consumer psychology, i "like" seeing stuff unrapped, and unboxed, not look at them in seperate shots with fancy viewing angles, it isn't the way i'll be unboxing my product once i get it home, it was the awesome thing about old-style unboxings, no tripods, but they were realistic as hell.

Anyways, got a bit sidetracked there, couldn't stop myself from ranting about it.

Assuming all the reviewers received the 295 at the same time.

Linus wouldn't be one of the 1st ones to release a video on it.

Why? I'm not sure but I've seen it a fair bit where he says he has the item but the video doesn't come until a few days or maybe even a week later.

I think he just likes to be thorough. Plus, Luke has to bench a whole heap of games for it. (instead of running synthetic benchmarks)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I think its funny some do not see the priorities AMD has,

Send Test products to well known/popular reviewer sites, vs Send to popular Unboxer YouTube channel? (yea they don't do unboxings but if you look they do even if they say they don't and until they do something to get noticed over the top reviewers they will still be categorized as unboxers, not my categorization)

Agh... nothing like proof in your pudding. :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Where does one start

Firstly we should remember forums are a privilege not a right

I personally enjoy all the Linus video,s even if they are not items im looking for even interested in or even buy

His in-depth unbias view on a product should be commended

This is now a business for him 

Lets face it we are all here because he taught us something

DB

Assuming all the reviewers received the 295 at the same time.

Linus wouldn't be one of the 1st ones to release a video on it.

Why? I'm not sure but I've seen it a fair bit where he says he has the item but the video doesn't come until a few days or maybe even a week later.

I think he just likes to be thorough. Plus, Luke has to bench a whole heap of games for it. (instead of running synthetic benchmarks)

Again assuming that he got the 295 at the same time, I wouldn't mind waiting nearly as much if I wasn't looking at days of just more and more speakers if he instead had another card or a 4k SLI test in preparation or something like that. But no it's the saga of (what for me is painfully pointless) $500 speakers. 

Oh and in case somebody get's irritated again yes I know lots of people here love to hear about (imho pointless) speakers or love Linus too much to admit they're bored out of their skulls as well. I'm glad you're getting your daily dose of Audio porn, I want my GPU porn back!  :lol:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Again assuming that he got the 295 at the same time, I wouldn't mind waiting nearly as much if I wasn't looking at days of just more and more speakers if he instead had another card or a 4k SLI test in preparation or something like that. But no it's the saga of (what for me is painfully pointless) $500 speakers. 

Oh and in case somebody get's irritated again yes I know lots of people here love to hear about (imho pointless) speakers or love Linus too much to admit they're bored out of their skulls as well. I'm glad you're getting your daily dose of Audio porn, I want my GPU porn back!  :lol:

To me it's a little refreshing because he hasn't reviewed speakers in a long time (mostly does headphones for the audio department). I would have liked to see him review better 2.1 speakers, or possibly 5.1 setups.

I'm a little over all the gpu videos (the way they do it), because it's just - explain the technology, explain heatsink, show temps, show graphs or performance compared to others. I mean, there's only so much you can say about a gpu.

They don't do a lot of crazy things like testing the limits of SLI/crossfire at different resolutions, or maybe use them in workstation environments like 3D or photoshop applications to see how they perform and maybe vs them against the workstation gpus to see how they compare.

Although that games streaming video they did was pretty awesome.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review