HTML5 Software

piggykid1

I am not necessarily looking for a HTML5 website creator, but a software that when you type in HTML5 code and run it. The code would look like it would on a website.

Thanks! 

I personally use Aptana, I love it. I would highly recommend also installing the Emmet plugin, it makes it so much easier.

As for running your web page, just open it up in your browser.

I personally use Aptana, I love it.

Thanks and looks like you have designed stuff for this website. Thats awesome looks great, but anyways i have downloaded that before and totally forgot  about it thanks again!

notepad ++ and dreamweaver I like cs6 or mx 2004 :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

how about notepad + your favourite browser?

chrome and how do you use notepad for HTML5? thanks

Thank you I actually have Notepad ++ so, sweet

@piggykid1 I know its great

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

chrome and how do you use notepad for HTML5? thanks

you just write code in it and save your file with .html extension

notepad is not a good idea, but i wrote that just to say that you don't need a particularly advanced program to do HTML (any version), you just need a text editor

notepad is a text editor

some text editors help you organizing your code by colouring it and stuff, editors such as notepad++, as some people already mentioned

i use geany (actually i use notepad too if i just need to write a few lines to test something)

Dreamweaver is the worse program to do anything, other than wast time and ruin the internet.

@Ssoele , I disagree I think dreamweaver is a nice program to make simple websites or even code them. its simple and please elaborate why do you hate it so much?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

For my html, css, js, I normally use Adobe Edge Code, also do have Dreamweaver but I find Edge Code to be the best program is your just learning the language. 

@Ssoele , I disagree I think dreamweaver is a nice program to make simple websites or even code them. its simple and please elaborate why do you hate it so much?

Dreamweaver, and all similar programs don't encourage usage of CSS on beginners. They make use of inline code look like a good practice for web development, making it a hard to learn the good stuff unless you have proper tuts or a teacher.

If you don't have fancy GUI that allows you to 1-click bold or move all content into separate divs by simply dragging them on the preview, it forces you to think before you do.

If you have Adobe CC, Edge is way better than Dreamweaver, if you don't have a CC subscription then Brackets is the exact same thing, Adobe bought them out and integrated it with their CC sub. 

http://brackets.io 

It's free and you can download it from the link above, when coding click the little lightning bolt on the right hand side and it'll open up a live copy of your html any edits you make to your code including css will automatically update in your browser. 

Tip: click on a class or id and press ctrl + e for pc command + e for mac and you can add styles to that class or id and select which style sheet you want those styles to be on.

You can always try out Adobe Muse, if I remember correctly it was easy to use if you are familiar with adobe tools. Tho that might be wrong answer for your question as Adobe Muse is more designer oriented and you don't need to enter a single like of code in it.

If you want to go with something simple, go with notepad ++ as people have suggested above, or if you want something more complex you can always try php storm, or webstorm from JetBrains. Tho that is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), which has support for many more tools, that you might actually need in start. 

Also simple solution, that some people prefer over notepad++ is sublime, which is also pretty decent, and in the end there is always good, old notepad :D 

Not all those who wander are lost.

I am not necessarily looking for a HTML5 website creator, but a software that when you type in HTML5 code and run it. The code would look like it would on a website.

Thanks! 

how about notepad + your favourite browser?

Thank you I actually have Notepad ++ so, sweet

Youre going to want something tha makes it easier to write the code. There is no advantage to using notepad or notepad++. Use something like Netbeans with its code suggestion, syntax error checking, and automation features.

Hey everyone,

I'm a webdeveloper and I primarily use Dreamweaver. The links between css files and html (or php or whatever) files are great.

As an beginner i strongly suggest something like notepad++ or sublime text.

When you know what you are typing you can use the CSS designer and all other advanced options in Dreamweaver.

Great site to learn coding html5 (and other languages): 

w3schools.com

another great site we use(d) at school was codecademy.com

Succes!!

Egbert

edit: added links.

Dreamweaver, and all similar programs don't encourage usage of CSS on beginners. They make use of inline code look like a good practice for web development, making it a hard to learn the good stuff unless you have proper tuts or a teacher.

If you don't have fancy GUI that allows you to 1-click bold or move all content into separate divs by simply dragging them on the preview, it forces you to think before you do.

:huh: I personally just use it as an IDE, it's also what I learned to code with, and I don't use inline CSS either. I also never use any of dreamweavers "1-click bold" features, though I do use their insert items to save me from having to manually enter

id="" class="" etc
every time. 

Hey everyone,

I'm a webdeveloper and I primarily use Dreamweaver. The links between css files and html (or php or whatever) files are great.

As an beginner i strongly suggest something like notepad++ or sublime text.

When you know what you are typing you can use the CSS designer and all other advanced options in Dreamweaver.

Great site to learn coding html5 (and other languages): 

w3schools.com

another great site we use(d) at school was codecademy.com

Succes!!

Egbert

edit: added links.

I'd suggest against w3school, but it's all personal preference. Sublime Text is also one of my favourite editors

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I personally just use it as an IDE, it's also what I learned to code with, and I don't use inline CSS either. I also never use any of dreamweavers "1-click bold" features, though I do use their insert items to save me from having to manually enter

-snip-

I'd suggest against w3school, but it's all personal preference. Sublime Text is also one of my favourite editors

Well, if you know not to use those it's fine. But if you're one of those "I wanna make websites. Look! a website in a table looks great!" kind of people you should seek immediate help.

Also, I used w3schools to pass my 1st year at uni, I wouldn't say it's critically bad, but there are more reliable sources indeed.

If you have Adobe CC, Edge is way better than Dreamweaver, if you don't have a CC subscription then Brackets is the exact same thing, Adobe bought them out and integrated it with their CC sub. 

http://brackets.io 

It's free and you can download it from the link above, when coding click the little lightning bolt on the right hand side and it'll open up a live copy of your html any edits you make to your code including css will automatically update in your browser. 

Tip: click on a class or id and press ctrl + e for pc command + e for mac and you can add styles to that class or id and select which style sheet you want those styles to be on.

THIS. I've used quite a few different HTML editors, but Brackets is by far the best. It's what I used to make this forum theme and the new LTT news site.

You don't need anything more than a text editor and xampp for HTML (4 or 5). Notepad++ is perfectly suited to the task.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

You don't need anything more than a text editor and xampp for HTML (4 or 5). Notepad++ is perfectly suited to the task.

xampp is not necessary either (or useful in any way)

For HTML, yeah. For php (if desired), it works. There are better options, but the differences are more subtle for the average user.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If you are doing database, PHP, ASP.NET, Perl (for some reason), then you need a local server. XAMPP is one of them. But I prefer WebMatrix built-in one, as it start instantly and doesn't slow down your system startup (unless they recently changed).