Found a product with some interesting clames

zzqwitz

I was watching some YouTube and an ad for this product came on. It's kind of funny what they say a charger can do. They claimed a lot too.

For example,

- Makes your phone run faster 

- 4x the charge (claiming 0-70% in 30 min on any phone)

- And I quote "reverses harmful updates"

- And the best part "triple your devices performance"

Everything about this yells fake to me, but it's funny to look at.

Please don't rip on me for spelling or grammar. I have dyslexia and writing sucks. I won't lie I had to look up a few words to make sure they were correct....

But I do wonder how meny products are like this. I remember a few years ago when Linus showed off a USB that "boosts your pcs performance". I'd like to see more if people have some.

Enjoy 

https://startechnews.com/blog/boltzpro/en/aw/s/1/?sub2=adwords-salespagetest&sub3=CanadaBroad18&sub4=VSL&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMDgoaZC903kyZt-z-JY0lBNQsSoHvZdWHbTRD2Pd2TtQvycnQMngMaAv7AEALw_wcB&sub1=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMDgoaZC903kyZt-z-JY0lBNQsSoHvZdWHbTRD2Pd2TtQvycnQMngMaAv7AEALw_wcB

26 minutes ago, zzqwitz said:

showed off a USB that "boosts your pcs performance". I'd like to see more if people have some.

Thats actually a thing microsoft advertised "a few years ago".

Supposedly a USB-RAM disk of sorts…

Feature still present in windows 10 btw.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ready boost

Basically using the usb as ram

My testbench currently has 4gb ddr2 but i think just shoving an ssd on it and having a portion of the ssd as a page file/virtual ram will be better than readyboost

there's a ton of these types of devices, usually something simple like a hotspot, charger, portable a/c, etc. that make a bunch of false claims and are basically just cheap trash hoping people have a placebo that it's doing something special when in reality it is super basic and does basically nothing it claims.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i7-10510U @ Up to 4.3 GHz all core
- GPU: MX 250
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 2133MTs

Storage: 128GB SATA M.2 (NVMe no worky)
Display: Main 1080p@60Hz + Screnpad Plus 1920x515@60Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

1 hour ago, Mnky313 said:

there's a ton of these types of devices, usually something simple like a hotspot, charger, portable a/c, etc. that make a bunch of false claims and are basically just cheap trash hoping people have a placebo that it's doing something special when in reality it is super basic and does basically nothing it claims.

I thought so, that's funny as hell.

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Actually is was overpriced USB flash drives that have linux on them.

A lot of clear BS, but I do wonder if one had a charger with "backed up OS" and the charging stuff is already done with other phones and good chargers, to battery designs or differences. So long you don't heat it up and kill your battery.

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

No that is different. There is a Windows 10 feature called ReadyBoost where you can use a USB flash drive as RAM. 

But have they done a video on that as this covers the "few years ago" that the OP mentioned.

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ready boost

Basically using the usb as ram

My testbench currently has 4gb ddr2 but i think just shoving an ssd on it and having a portion of the ssd as a page file/virtual ram will be better than readyboost

It's was more like an intermediary between ram and the HDD pagefile, smaller writes would go to a thumb drive when caching, it did create a marginal improvement to performance at a time when SSDs were just around the corner and crazy expensive.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

1 hour ago, cacoe said:

It's was more like an intermediary between ram and the HDD pagefile, smaller writes would go to a thumb drive when caching, it did create a marginal improvement to performance at a time when SSDs were just around the corner and crazy expensive.

Now that ssds are rather cheap i guess you can just shove one in your old system that cant use over 4gb ram and have that as virtual ram

On 8/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, zzqwitz said:

Please don't rip on me for spelling or grammar. I have dyslexia and writing sucks. I won't lie I had to look up a few words to make sure they were correct....

I have dyslexia too it’s a real pain I would suggest Grammarly it’s a great tool.  

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

On 8/6/2021 at 7:25 AM, zzqwitz said:

I was watching some YouTube and an ad for this product came on. It's kind of funny what they say a charger can do. They claimed a lot too.

For example,

But I do wonder how meny products are like this. I remember a few years ago when Linus showed off a USB that "boosts your pcs performance". I'd like to see more if people have some.

Enjoy 

https://startechnews.com/blog/boltzpro/en/aw/s/1/?sub2=adwords-salespagetest&sub3=CanadaBroad18&sub4=VSL&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMDgoaZC903kyZt-z-JY0lBNQsSoHvZdWHbTRD2Pd2TtQvycnQMngMaAv7AEALw_wcB&sub1=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMDgoaZC903kyZt-z-JY0lBNQsSoHvZdWHbTRD2Pd2TtQvycnQMngMaAv7AEALw_wcB

Yeah I saw one for brushing your teeth where you put your teeth in a mold and it brushes for you just as good as a normal toothbrush in "30 seconds" . Watched a YT vid on it and it was a scam as well. 

14 minutes ago, 2DPrinter said:

Yeah I saw one for brushing your teeth where you put your teeth in a mold and it brushes for you just as good as a normal toothbrush in "30 seconds" . Watched a YT vid on it and it was a scam as well. 

or a teeth mold protection, stop getting stuff in your teeth and needs less brushing, and able to deal with more acid attacks from foods or drinks.

Start now, increase health with a simple teeth or mouth condom! Easy to use, easy to wash, can change at any time if needed. You get 2 for the price of 1!

6 hours ago, Frugivore8894 said:

I have dyslexia too it’s a real pain I would suggest Grammarly it’s a great tool.  

whats Grammarly ? i too spell like shit.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/6/2021 at 7:25 AM, zzqwitz said:

For example,

Enjoy 

probably everyone and everything has lied to you at one point so....that's life sadly. business as normal. like how the taste of oj is not real its fake taste.

the thing the really opened my eyes was my body aches and pains. been to the chiropractor, been to the doctor, and well i just had to accept it. my tendinitis hert so bad i would get mad all the time lifting things or gripping a screwdriver. anyway one day i pulled something in my solder and was in Paine for 3 days too stubbing to go to the doctor i when on the INTERNET and looked up yoga videos. well i found one and followed it and worked ok but i work up with and numb thumb and finger im like OH SH.t what have i done. read that could last a few weeks or forever...well lasted for about 2 moths few. anyway that yoga help even thow it did something els to me. i didn't no how tight i was in tell i tried doing it.

anyway i keept looking for other videos and found 2 youtubers and watch them and they were body posture corrector not and chiropractor. and well changed my life for ever tho the hard part is knowing that it could help others too but trying to get them to do it is the worst...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

6 hours ago, Frugivore8894 said:

can i ask-  is it different for people, so like one person has it more than the other?

can you explain it, like is it just messed up words or what?

i dont really know anyone that has dyslexia and i really don't know much so im sorry if i offended you. its nice to know more about things that affect people. 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

16 minutes ago, adarw said:

can i ask-  is it different for people, so like one person has it more than the other?

can you explain it, like is it just messed up words or what?

i dont really know anyone that has dyslexia and i really don't know much so im sorry if i offended you. its nice to know more about things that affect people. 

dyslexia is when you look at a letter or number and it looks backwards.  say your reading an upc like 1234 but when the dyslexia kicks in it will read 1243. its an on off thing. so nexted time you look at it it will read 1234

i stock food selfs and read upcs alot and times were i when and been like the upcs dont match and some one els will look and shows me it dose then i look agane it it matches...

it could also be when i think of what to typed in my head and type something different that too could be dyslexia...i hope...

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

dyslexia is when you look at a letter or number and it looks backwards.  say your reading an upc like 1234 but when the dyslexia kicks in it will read 1243. its an on off thing. so nexted time you look at it it will read 1234

oh i see, that makes sense, movies always depict it as letters are spinning and weird stuff is this true or a myth?

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

oh i see, that makes sense, movies always depict it as letters are spinning and weird stuff is this true or a myth?

not for me but could be different for other people.

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

not for me but could be different for other people.

interesting, i heard that theres a font for dyslexic people does it work and do you use it?

-----------------

#

7 minutes ago, adarw said:

interesting, i heard that theres a font for dyslexic people does it work and do you use it?

never head of that but never looked in to it. i mean i have spelling problems and reading , writhing, typing so w/e i do its going to be bad. its hard to find a word when you cant seem to sound it out. google has the best spellcheck thow just takes more time to do each word there copy and past it and i get lazy or frustrated.  English imo is stupid  with all the hidden letter and sounds. my grad 6 teach use to write with big and small letter probably for the sound of big and small so i guess could be easier to sound out. typing on the internet has help me over the years way more then school ever has and i learn way more. thow people do get upset with my spelling form time to time witch is understandable.

Edited by thrasher_565

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

never head of that but never looked in to it. i mean i have spelling problems and reading , writhing, typing so w/e i do its going to be bad. its hard to find a word when you cant seem to sound it out. google has the best spellcheck thow just takes more time to do each word there copy and past it and i get lazy or frustrated.  English imo is stupid  with all the hidden letter and sounds. my grad 6 teach use to write with big and small letter probably for the sound of big and small so i guess could be easier to sound out. typing on the internet has help me over the years way more then school ever has and i learn way more. thow people do get upset with my spelling form time to time witch is understandable.

double interesting, first, dont blame yourself for what you were born with, and yes english is annoying lol. have you ever tried using a mic to type? google translate is quite good.

-----------------

#

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

never head of that but never looked in to it.

you heard of Ozzy Osborne, well those coloured glasses he always wears are to help his dyslexia.