Stop JavaScript, Stop Google, Stop 3rd parties. Stop taking the easy way out, please.

ZFSinmylungs

Gee Linus, please change the "verify your humanity" things from Google-shit to something else.

Also, known from some dark web services - there are some quite interesting captcha-s. like they got numbers and letters in variable sizes as well as some lines over them and different colors on each side of the line.. this is, I believe, the best captcha that doesn't require JAVASCRIPT to function... and.. integrating it should not be too hard. Who runs this website? Please take responsibility for the privacy, security and anonymity of everyone.

I tend to use JavaScript only ~2% of all of my browsing. Yes, it's possible.. I use the Tor Browser.

P.S. Thanks for not blocking Tor users heheh.. I know some evil people might abuse this network, but I'd give a finger for it's existence and acceptance, at least.

P.S.S. Was this supposed to be an security ticket instead? Hmmm

I cannot quote people with the built-in function because I almost never enable JavaScript on websites. You won't get notified if I reply to you, sadly :/

Umm... No.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Umm... No.

This decides how long I will be on this website.

I tend to hate supporting software that threatens one's internet rights.

I cannot quote people with the built-in function because I almost never enable JavaScript on websites. You won't get notified if I reply to you, sadly :/

sorry bud this is going nowhere no matter how much you complain.

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

@linuxfur You sound like you know what you are talking about.
Yeah, it might definitely be a good anti-bot, anti-abuse solution, but that's all it is, and also the convenience of integration I guess. But what I mentioned - I can barely guess the numbers most of the times.. that goes to show just how hard some of these non-JS captcha solutions are. Also an AI can be trained to defeat reCAPTCHA.. I don't think the captchas I recommended can that easily.. since half of the time I have to guess what numbers/letters they are.. because sometimes they are like connected lol. so yeah - I did not mean your normal clear-net captcha, I was, like I said, talking about dark-net captcha solution.. AND TRUST ME - dark-net services see the most amount of abuse as one cannot really disallow Tor users altogether, as it's made on that network so yeah.. it's tried and proven just as reCAPTCHA is I guess.. both got their pros and cons, cons being here that it might not be as easy to integrate? I do not know if such pre-made project exists and is open-sourced..

Umm and yeah - not adding ANY extensions to the Tor Browser, it would be insecure, as the developers are recommending against it.

And in no way is any of this software "infringing upon a user's rights". Quit being weirdly philosophical.
Yes it is, Google is VERY WELL know to collect people's data. Also you mentioned the "JavaScript fingerprinting API" - yeah, exactly, defeats the anonymity of users. Not everyone wants to be a public willy-nilly like you seem to. You link your XBOX username, your Discord and your Twitter. You are not a privacy-respecting person, so stop talking like you understand how I feel. Privacy is an important right, especially on the internet, where you cannot be 100% sure something is deleted or not being collected.

1 hour ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

I tend to hate supporting software that threatens one's internet rights.

What rights? Privacy on the Internet was never even a thing, let alone something that was implied as a right. Welcome to 2021. You have no privacy. You have an illusion of privacy. If you want real privacy, unplug completely, go live alone in a cabin in the woods, and hunt and gather your food yourself. I've heard pine cones make a nice substitute for TP.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

If you keep on like this, yes, you're definitely getting banned in an hour. 

If you're not a web developer it's hard to understand just how difficult it is to change these validation processes. It's not worth it for the 3 people, including you, that want it changed for some reason. It's necessary and the alternatives aren't as good.

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

What rights? Privacy on the Internet was never even a thing, let alone something that was implied as a right. Welcome to 2021. You have no privacy. You have an illusion of privacy. If you want real privacy, unplug completely, go live alone in a cabin in the woods, and hunt and gather your food yourself. I've heard pine cones make a nice substitute for TP.

Yes, there's no way to be truly private. Your ISP keeps all of your DNS data anyway, it doesn't matter what hoops you jump through to secure those incoming or outgoing packets.

I asked them to ditch Google Fonts nonsense that included forum button graphics which meant blocking Google Fonts totally broke the forum. And they did get rid of it after some time. Took a while, but they did it. So, who knows, maybe they'll listen to you too.

@Chris Pratt
Privacy cannot ever exist 100% on the internet, of course, but one, if educated, can be quite sure that ... they have privacy.
Also there are tools for monitoring anti-privacy actions such as fingerprinting and such. Also there's logic.
In open-source/freedom software one can read the code and make sure that something is very unhackable, such as you said - "unplug and be sure" - if one closes the port 22 - I guess it would be very difficult to impossible to SSH into the machine, but again - I am no hacker, and you seem to be no privacy advocate nor anyone close to be able to even comprehend what's happening.
I am offended by your lack of education when it comes to how software works as well as privacy and stuff..

@Mel0nMan "It's necessary and the alternatives aren't as good. "
Please read my reply to @linuxfur.

@Mel0nMan
"Yes, there's no way to be truly private. Your ISP keeps all of your DNS data anyway, it doesn't matter what hoops you jump through to secure those incoming or outgoing packets. "

I do not use my ISP's DNS.

@RejZor
"I asked them to ditch Google Fonts nonsense that included forum button graphics which meant blocking Google Fonts totally broke the forum. And they did get rid of it after some time. Took a while, but they did it. So, who knows, maybe they'll listen to you too.

Finally someone I like.
Yeah.. no idea why you would want Google fonts gone, but I have an idea why - they're from Google.. probably some privacy concern or something?
Thanks for replying.

18 minutes ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

@Chris Pratt
Privacy cannot ever exist 100% on the internet, of course, but one, if educated, can be quite sure that ... they have privacy.
Also there are tools for monitoring anti-privacy actions such as fingerprinting and such. Also there's logic.
In open-source/freedom software one can read the code and make sure that something is very unhackable, such as you said - "unplug and be sure" - if one closes the port 22 - I guess it would be very difficult to impossible to SSH into the machine, but again - I am no hacker, and you seem to be no privacy advocate nor anyone close to be able to even comprehend what's happening.
I am offended by your lack of education when it comes to how software works as well as privacy and stuff..

Dude. I'm a software developer. I know how it works. Far better than you, I think. That's also why I don't care. If you're not doing anything shady, you have nothing to fear, and you have far less privacy protection out in the real world than you do online. It's a pick your battles thing, and what you're complaining about here doesn't even rate on the first page of that list.

"Far better than you, I think."
You think.

"That's also why I don't care. If you're not doing anything shady, you have nothing to fear, and you have far less privacy protection out in the real world than you do online."
Fear? You think I am afraid? I am not afraid of such actions, I am offended, feeling disrespected. I usually don't use something that disrespects my rights. Linus is an exception, he can have me ;) (Linus call me) (joking)
More privacy online compared to real world? - exactly! It is possible to archive (very) private existence on the internet, while still using it.. one of reasons I even made this post :)

You sound like you're offended by me wanting privacy, who do you think you are? Just because you are a software developer does NOT give you the right to expect people to use proprietary and/or anti-privacy, disrespectful software!
Freedom/Respecting software exists massively already, one of which is GNU+Linux. (Yes I know some Linux distributions use some proprietary drivers (I think) because.. well.. that's what they're forced to, and well.. they possibly back-traced the code, if legally allowed to. And even if they did not - it's still not a part of the kernel so yeah, a GPL license)

As Linus has said before, the main reason for creating the forums was to have a way to contact users if Youtube collapsed suddenly for LTT. As long as the forums remain self-sufficient, nothing is going to change.

2 hours ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

Thanks for replying.

For the love of Linus, our lord and savior /s

Please don't spam (post multiple time in short time). I have merged 4-5 of your posts as one. And when you tag people, select their name from the popup menu. It doesn't tag correctly otherwise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Heil Linus.

Alright. Yeah, yeah, although I've read the rules, I've thought it was for posts, not for comments on one's own post, I apologize for that.
No problems with the merge as far as you haven't edited any of my words specifically.

I do not seem to have a popup menu, most probably because I've disabled this website's javascript. Text doesn't need javascript, no reason to enable it.
I just put the '@' for the sake of people knowing I'm talking to them... if they do read :/ thanks for the information however.
By the way, can I close my post? I did open a security ticket because this just makes no sense, I don't believe how some people think.. I just wanted to give the LTT website's dev an advice. Although it seems JavaScript is only required at SignUp, I don't think I'll leave (yet), this seems like a good community otherwise :) glad to have you as a moderator.
Have a nice day

5 hours ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

I just put the '@' for the sake of people knowing I'm talking to them... if they do read

Most people here won't read a post you replied to them unless they get a notification, because they wouldn't know unless they followed the thread (which people rarely do)

The only way to notify them is by tagging or quoting them, that's how this forum works

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I use a script blocker that block malicious and privacy violating code,

The google captcha is allowed but a randomized information is given to it.

I also use Decentraleyes,which blocks privacy violating CDNs.

I use a lot more tools to protect my privacy,

Anyway it's Google that should stop spying on us,

And not the responsibility of LTT,If we were to avoid all privacy violating services on the internet we would have too many inconveniences to deal with.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I agree it would be nice if the forum front end wasn't riddled with JS, but that's never gonna change. It would be nice if they got a less googly spooky captcha, but that's never gonna happen. I wish TOR was thought of as a good privacy tool instead of something you only use if you have no other option.

A few people aren't gonna be able to change the forums so drastically, especially when it would be so disruptive to everyone else who just doesn't care about this sort of stuff. It's something where you use it and put up with it, or you don't use it and leave. You only have a content count of 7 so leaving shouldn't be an extreme option for you. Or you could stick around and put up with something that just will not change no matter how hard a few people complain.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

7 hours ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

Heil Linus.

Alright. Yeah, yeah, although I've read the rules, I've thought it was for posts, not for comments on one's own post, I apologize for that.
No problems with the merge as far as you haven't edited any of my words specifically.

I do not seem to have a popup menu, most probably because I've disabled this website's javascript. Text doesn't need javascript, no reason to enable it.
I just put the '@' for the sake of people knowing I'm talking to them... if they do read 😕 thanks for the information however.

The other option would be to quote if you want to address certain people specifically.

7 hours ago, ZFSinmylungs said:

By the way, can I close my post?

We prefer this to be left open. If you want to close the thread, report it and moderation will handle things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@Vishera
"...I use a lot more tools to protect my privacy, "
More is not always equal greatness.

" Anyway it's Google that should stop spying on us,

And not the responsibility of LTT,If we were to avoid all privacy violating services on the internet we would have too many inconveniences to deal with. "
The bad will ALWAYS exist, let's not depend on them to not do something, it's not too hard.
Inconveniences? Sure.. because some people are just like "but I wanna get this wuuuuurkiiiiiiiin, it don't have to be perfect" and normies are like "meh I don't have time for this" and the actual mofo supporters of human rights and people that actually care about certain things... what are they supposed to do? Exactly.. we aren't left too much choice but to use some sort of tool(s) to help our rights, while still using, and thus supporting services we actually might dislike..
For example.. Linus.. (the LTT guy not Torvalds) cares more about technology than features as well as the convenience than freedom and other rights. One example being Windows ( please let's not get into debate here, pls pls pls, it will a monologue). It is not new that Windows is mostly/all proprietary code and they have non-GPL licenses which are really really bad for human rights, on the internet and in the real life, as well. If you do not agree, you can search for "rms freedom software" on YouTube if you think your theory is invincible or something.
While Linus does helps toooons of people with his content.. I just ... Gee Linus, you're my angel and my devil. I like you and dislike you... so I guess you're neutral to me.
I just couldn't believe when heard that he has smart censors in his lights inside of his house.. that's like one of most privacy disrespecting technologies besides mobile phones.
Sorry.. this got too much off-topic lol

@LloydLynx I see you're an interested fella.
Yeah.. while leaving could be an non-extreme option for me, I've already said (somewhere) that I like this forum for everything else so far 🙂 other than those people who told be "goodbye" immediately lol

@LogicalDrm
Before I begin.. I want to say that I am apologizing for creating... again... 3 comments instead of like 1/2. I am .. my brain is buzzed from work and everything.. I wanted to delete, but with JS turned off, I cannot see the delete button..

" The other option would be to quote if you want to address certain people specifically."
nor the quote button (anymore).
I do see boxes that contain codes such as "F040" and "F071" for emojis or something/unsupported font. And these are: "Share this post", "Edit", "Report this content" and "Mark as solution". Perhaps something can be done about this. Oh wait, I forgot - I'm a nobody to you people hahaha or should I actually make a ticket about this?

"We prefer this to be left open. If you want to close the thread, report it and moderation will handle things."

I see. Meh, this can stay I guess.

P.S. I find putting bigger texts, meant to different people, in one comment.. too unreadable, don't you think? Like.. while it might seem like spam.. it certain wouldn't be as I spent decent time and effort into some of my comments.. not just a few words, ya know?
Anyway - I hope you're having a good day and not too much moderation to do.

@LogicalDrm
Before I begin.. I want to say that I am apologizing for creating... again... 3 comments instead of like 1/2. I am .. my brain is buzzed from work and everything.. I wanted to delete, but with JS turned off, I cannot see the delete button..

Thats your problem, not ours. We have rules, and we expect all members to follow them. "I can't because I have turned off X" is lazy excuse, and something I personally won't tolerate.

" The other option would be to quote if you want to address certain people specifically."
nor the quote button (anymore).
I do see boxes that contain codes such as "F040" and "F071" for emojis or something/unsupported font. And these are: "Share this post", "Edit", "Report this content" and "Mark as solution". Perhaps something can be done about this. Oh wait, I forgot - I'm a nobody to you people hahaha or should I actually make a ticket about this?

There is no delete button. Has never been. Its our way to keep things from falling apart by trolls. This thread is enough of a ticket, though I doubt things will change. Forums use pre-made software with customized layout. Out of some 1000-10000 active users, one with issues that they can't solve themselves (like normal browser in VM and VPN etc.) is drop in a bucket.

But I'm the synical one, Mortis will give final say in this matter.

P.S. I find putting bigger texts, meant to different people, in one comment.. too unreadable, don't you think? Like.. while it might seem like spam.. it certain wouldn't be as I spent decent time and effort into some of my comments.. not just a few words, ya know?
Anyway - I hope you're having a good day and not too much moderation to do.

A post will take more space than longer post with good ways to make separation. Like simple things, if using quotes is too hard for you. I use

to separate moderating actions

from my personal thoughs when browsing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, ZFSinmylungs said:

@Chris Pratt

@Mel0nMan "It's necessary and the alternatives aren't as good. "
Please read my reply to @linuxfur.

@Mel0nMan
"Yes, there's no way to be truly private. Your ISP keeps all of your DNS data anyway, it doesn't matter what hoops you jump through to secure those incoming or outgoing packets. "

I do not use my ISP's DNS.

@RejZor
"I asked them to ditch Google Fonts nonsense that included forum button graphics which meant blocking Google Fonts totally broke the forum. And they did get rid of it after some time. Took a while, but they did it. So, who knows, maybe they'll listen to you too.

Finally someone I like.
Yeah.. no idea why you would want Google fonts gone, but I have an idea why - they're from Google.. probably some privacy concern or something?
Thanks for replying.

Yes, privacy reasons. Especially when I eradicated Google entirely from my life and visiting LTT meant it was pinging Google every time. Or often because I doubt there were any CDN's involved. And if they were, they were probably Google's own...