Is it illegal to run the leaked windows 11?

Frugivore8894

I found the ISO and was wondering if it was illegal to run it. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

yes

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes. It is pirated and leaked software, the chances you will get caught are slim to none, but that still does not make it legal. 

Main Computer:

13' Macbook Pro 2020

2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16GB DDR4 Ram

Intel iris integrated graphics

1TB SSD

MacOS (Linux Mint on external drive)

School Laptop

13' MacBook Air 2020

M1

8GB unified ram

128GB SSD (Yikes)

Macos

Other Accessories

ASUS ProArt USB-C display

Apple Pencil 1st gen. (Lol I lost it so technically no)

iPhone 14 Pro

Keychron K8 (Gateron Brown)

Logitech G-Pro Wireless

AirPods Pro

Anker USB-C dongle (why apple, why)

1tb MyPassport USB3 drive

Paid Software

AirBuddy

Alfred Power Pack

Office 365

Crash Plan

Just now, Levent said:

yes

But can they do anything about it like fine me.

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Just now, Frugivore8894 said:

Who knows. It's just like any other piracy. Chances are next to none but there is a chance.

1 minute ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Technically yes but it still breaking the law

Main Computer:

13' Macbook Pro 2020

2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16GB DDR4 Ram

Intel iris integrated graphics

1TB SSD

MacOS (Linux Mint on external drive)

School Laptop

13' MacBook Air 2020

M1

8GB unified ram

128GB SSD (Yikes)

Macos

Other Accessories

ASUS ProArt USB-C display

Apple Pencil 1st gen. (Lol I lost it so technically no)

iPhone 14 Pro

Keychron K8 (Gateron Brown)

Logitech G-Pro Wireless

AirPods Pro

Anker USB-C dongle (why apple, why)

1tb MyPassport USB3 drive

Paid Software

AirBuddy

Alfred Power Pack

Office 365

Crash Plan

Just now, Frugivore8894 said:

Depends. If you downloaded the ISO using bittorrent and seeding/seeded the ISO while downloading, maybe. Did they go after people for pirated ISOs before? IIRC yes. Did they go after people for leaked windows 8 beta builds? not that I remember of. I do remember them going after websites hosting leaked betas though.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Depends. If you downloaded the ISO using bittorrent and seeding/seeded the ISO while downloading, maybe. Did they go after people for pirated ISOs before? IIRC yes. Did they go after people for leaked windows 8 beta builds? not that I remember of. I do remember them going after websites hosting leaked betas though.

Ok I don't think I will do it. 

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Windows 11 should be released through the official insider (beta) program soon. If you want to try out Windows 11 then look in to joining that and waiting a few weeks to get it officially from Microsoft.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Windows 11 should be released through the official insider (beta) program soon. If you want to try out Windows 11 then look in to joining that and waiting a few weeks to get it officially from Microsoft.

There is a decent chance it will be announced at the Windows Event June 24 at 11am ET so if you are interested in Windows 11 you should watch out for that.

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I am on a mac so not really worth the time of bootcamp. the only reason I want to do this was you have to run it in VM and its cool to mess with it before release. 

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

There is a decent chance it will be announced at the Windows Event June 24 at 11am ET so if you are interested in Windows 11 you should watch out for that.

Yep looking forward to it!

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Technically, yes, unless it was MS t hat leaked the iso on purpos (which after their tweet it seems they did), which then its still illegal, just not gonna get you fined.

ive not seen reports of any action by ms on reddit yet though, so it seems theyre not doing anything,

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Technically, yes, unless it was MS t hat leaked the iso on purpos (which after their tweet it seems they did), which then its still illegal, just not gonna get you fined.

ive not seen reports of any action by ms on reddit yet though, so it seems theyre not doing anything,

Speculation time! 

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I thought it was going to be 2025 before MS releases Windows 11?

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

I thought it was going to be 2025 before MS releases Windows 11?

no, thats when win10 will stop being supported. Windows 10 released in 2015, but windows 7 kept beiung supported untill 2020. THeres some overlap

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

lol 

Lets be honest nobodys ever been caught for it apart from ya street hustlers selling cds LMAO

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

45 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

In the US the FBI could kick your door in and slap cuffs on you. Or Microsoft could sue you in to poverty. Though the likelihood of either of those is small. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Not sure since it might be an international thing

22 minutes ago, VFXGuy said:

Not sure since it might be an international thing

Well as you can see I live over the rainbow so if i have to follow laws thats up to you.

/s

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

-> Moved to Windows

The word "legal" is bit hazy here. Distributing of copyrighted mater is illegal in most if not all countries. Though Microsoft isn't as keen to takedown even bigger distributors as they have more to gain from market share and selling your data than getting couple of dollars per key.

Installing and running the leaked ISO is not illegal, but not really legal either. So if you would be served takedown notice, you don't have much grounds against it. You didn't obtain the copy by official means and you certainly don't have copyright owners permission to run it. But its unlikely they do anything about it. They could serve crippling update at best.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

To add:

Public, latest, and supported dev build of the next version of Windows will be available on June 24.

Just wait. It's in a few days.