Was Microsoft behind it all along? - Apple vs Epic Games update

Bratstech

Was Microsoft behind it all along?

Summary

a recent development, In the Apple vs Epic Games battle, Apple has accused Microsoft of secretly being behind this entire lawsuit. They claim that Epic has used as many witnesses associated with Microsoft at trial as it did its own. The evidence apple presents to this claim is that Microsoft began urging U.S. and European antitrust regulators to examine Apple’s practices and Mac’s market share growing while Windows PCs have stagnated. Microsoft denied the accusation even going as far to call it a "distraction".

In another turn Tim Cook himself has gone to testify against Epic Games. Defending the Company's policys and actions with the app store.

Quotes

"Apple Inc. injected a new level of intrigue in its bitter court fight with Epic Games Inc., suggesting the Fortnite maker was acting as a stalking horse for Microsoft Corp. and withholding evidence.

The iPhone maker made the accusations Wednesday night in a filing asking a judge to make an adverse credibility finding against Lori Wright, an Xbox executive who testified in the trial on behalf of Epic. That would mean the judge could ignore her testimony.

Apple asked for such a ruling earlier, but upped its accusations in the new filing. “A reasonable observer might wonder whether Epic is serving as a stalking horse for Microsoft,” Apple said. “Microsoft shielded itself from meaningful discovery in this litigation by not appearing as a party or sending a corporate representative to testify.” - Bloomberg

My thoughts

One of the most interesting cases that I've followed I wanna see the outcome. Its like a tv show drama happening in real time.

Sources

Epic Games lawsuit was secretly driven by Microsoft, says Apple - 9to5Mac

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple-accuses-epic-of-serving-as-a-stalking-horse-for-microsoft/ar-AAKevMs?ocid=BingNewsSearch

There's blood in the water guys 😀

I thought I knew many dirty secrets, but it appears that I hardly even saw the tip of the iceberg

To indicate the obvious now, the trial wasn't about cheap fortnite skins for players! Everybody and his dog is on this trial

How? Why? Huh?

Apple what you doing?

It's like they're trying to overt the blame because they know they might lose.that what this reads as.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I cant wait to see myself in the tech news again lol

28 minutes ago, Bratstech said:

Summary

a recent development, In the Apple vs Epic Games battle, Apple has accused Microsoft of secretly being behind this entire lawsuit. They claim that Epic has used as many witnesses associated with Microsoft at trial as it did its own. The evidence apple presents to this claim is that Microsoft began urging U.S. and European antitrust regulators to examine Apple’s practices and Mac’s market share growing while Windows PCs have stagnated. Microsoft denied the accusation even going as far to call it a "distraction".

In another turn Tim Cook himself has gone to testify against Epic Games. Defending the Company's policys and actions with the app store.

Quotes

My thoughts

One of the most interesting cases that I've followed I wanna see the outcome. Its like a tv show drama happening in real time.

Sources

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple-accuses-epic-of-serving-as-a-stalking-horse-for-microsoft/ar-AAKevMs?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Seriously? This has to be the weakest arguments ever. Almost a projection. I mean, Microsith earns it's money through the cloud now. Are apple's lawyer's still living in 2007, when it was mac vs pc?

And mac sales have only grown because of the M1. OS Share wise, it is chrome os that is seeing maximum expansion. Chrome OS is the bigger threat to MS(and to mac for that matter) than the mac.

Also everything that the xbox exec  said, could've been extracted from a Sony exec too.

Or maybe Microsoft is playing 5D chess where their long term goal is orwellian domination of the earth(And thus replace google as the bad monopoly). Who knows?

2 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Seriously? This has to be the weakest arguments ever. Almost a projection. I mean, Microsith earns it's money through the cloud now. Are apple's lawyer's still living in 2007, when it was mac vs pc?

And mac sales have only grown because of the M1. OS Share wise, it is chrome os that is seeing maximum expansion. Chrome OS is the bigger threat to MS(and to mac for that matter) than the mac.

Apperently Intel is also living in 2007 cause they are doing the whole "Switch to PC" Ad move that Apple did. 

Just now, Bratstech said:

Apperently Intel is also living in 2007 cause they are doing the whole "Switch to PC" Ad move that Apple did. 

Hmmm. 2007 was a nice time. Maybe these guys should create a time machine rather than running sh!tty ad campaigns that show their vulnerability. 

18 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

There's blood in the water guys 😀

I thought I knew many dirty secrets, but it appears that I hardly even saw the tip of the iceberg

To indicate the obvious now, the trial wasn't about cheap fortnite skins for players! Everybody and his dog is on this trial

The dirty nerd secrets shall tumble out. To watch more, subscribe to netflix and watch the show, "The stupid reality we live"./sarcasm

Sounds like Apple is going to lose and trying to shove whataboutism around to get it muddy enough to mislead the case.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

5 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Hmmm. 2007 was a nice time. Maybe these guys should create a time machine rather than running sh!tty ad campaigns that show their vulnerability. 

In 2007 I didn’t even know what Intel was. Hell, I didn’t even know what air was

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Bratstech said:

Summary

Quotes

My thoughts

Sources

Court can be like that.  Court has been major entertainment for some for hundreds of years.  There’s a reason there are audience benches.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Sounds like Apple is going to lose and trying to shove whataboutism around to get it muddy enough to mislead the case.

Not impossible.  I dont know how likely that is though.  The impression I’ve been getting is that Apple is the one with the upper hand here.  If that’s not true though that could be possible.

its not a great predictor of who’s doing well though because it could be a “well that’s all over but the shouting.  Since we crushed it let’s use this to go after the others too”

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

58 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Also everything that the xbox exec  said, could've been extracted from a Sony exec too.

Or maybe Microsoft is playing 5D chess where their long term goal is orwellian domination of the earth(And thus replace google as the bad monopoly). Who knows?

People not regulating or suing Google is a mystery to me.  Facebook gets things flung at it a lot, but Google does a lot of the same things.  Sometimes more heavily.

That would be rich considering the antitrust violations Microsoft was responsible for in the past.

But also completely irrelevant to the case at hand.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple will try to drag every other companies into this, aren't they.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Not even a year in and the defense is already running out of arguments?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

this is some tinfoil hat levels of paranoia from Apple.

Next up: it was Nvidia's fault!!! this is them trying to get back at us after we banned the use of their GPUs in our products.

5 hours ago, Bratstech said:

“A reasonable observer might wonder whether Epic is serving as a stalking horse for Microsoft,”

literally crossed no-one's minds.

5 hours ago, Bratstech said:

“Microsoft shielded itself from meaningful discovery in this litigation by not appearing as a party or sending a corporate representative to testify.”

How DARE Microsoft not get involved in litigation between 2 entities that are not associated with them. They are hiding something!!!

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Is this real? 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, Bratstech said:

My thoughts

Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) on Netflix did something like this, basically dramatization of the PC/Compaq cloning, invention of a cable modem, and the creation of an early MUD/AOL-like service.

Like I kinda want to see where this EGS fight is going, but it does seem like Epic undermines their own arguments by dragging in everyone.

Didn't Apple drag Valve into the ordeal a while ago? What ever happened with that?

Looks like they gon milk the lawsuit to the max.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

12 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

How? Why? Huh?

Apple what you doing?

It's like they're trying to overt the blame because they know they might lose.that what this reads as.

I would like to point out that this might just be something their lawyers came up with to throw out a testimony making their chances of winning the case even higher. It should also be noted that Microsoft is in fact a direct competitor to Apple and that could make this be a conflict of interest. Now I am not a lawyer so I have no idea what would be required to get a testimony thrown out for such a case but it sounds to me that's what Apples law team are attempting to do so I would assume there is at least some basis that they can do this.