Benefits of diferent brrands

So we all once looked at some pc hardware and if amd/intel is amd win there still some other ranges to chouse from, so... i asking what is different benefits of different pc parts producers ? Maby some companies do extra relaiable parts or with some "extended freedom" or hawe some extra architecture tweaks - like nvidia hawe CUDA while amd gone open-sorce

Just to reference some brands names
GUP amd/nvidia
CPU intel/amd
RAM corsair/kingston/patriot/cruical/gskill/etc
PWR aerocool/corsair/thermaltake/coolemaster/chiftec/etc
MBRD asrock/asus/gigabyte/msi/etc
HDDs Seagate/Toshiba/Western Digital/others
SSDs (inc. m2) a-data/apacer/gigabyte/kingston/silicon power/patriot/others

20 minutes ago, Defective_Soul said:

i asking what is different benefits of different pc parts producers

Competition. This leads to more innovation and usually/hopefully also to lower prices for consumers as each tries to be more attractive than the others. Intel is a nice example. AMD was their only real competitor and for a long time their CPUs just didn't light a candle to Intel's. You can see this reflected in the typically marginal improvements between generations as there is no need to innovate or change anything. A bit higher clocks/IPC, slap on 2 extra cores maybe and voila next gen CPU.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

46 minutes ago, tikker said:

Competition. This leads to more innovation and usually/hopefully also to lower prices for consumers as each tries to be more attractive than the others. Intel is a nice example. AMD was their only real competitor and for a long time their CPUs just didn't light a candle to Intel's. You can see this reflected in the typically marginal improvements between generations as there is no need to innovate or change anything. A bit higher clocks/IPC, slap on 2 extra cores maybe and voila next gen CPU.

I don't think OP is asking why different manufacturers exist (although I admit it's difficult to decipher). They're asking what some of the advantages of each brand may be. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

I don't think OP is asking why different manufacturers exist (although I admit it's difficult to decipher). They're asking what some of the advantages of each brand may be. 

Oh then I misunderstood.

In that case, it depends entirely on what you're looking for. Feature wise you sometimes have no choice, e.g. CUDA for Nvidia or MKL for Intel. I think Intel also still has a slight edge in single core performance if I've kept up well enough.

Generally I still associate certain brands with certain things, but nowadays everyone seems to have everything and I don't now if one is truly better anymore (aside from obvious crap units after reviews). Personally if I hear EVGA I think good power supplies, some nice GPUs and good warranty. If I hear Corsair I also think good PSUs (the high end) and nice cases.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, Defective_Soul said:

GUP amd/nvidia

The main difference in my opinion is CUDA and the NVENC encoder on the Nvidia side.

One could mention real-time raytracing and tensor cores, but these are things I don't know enough about (nor AMD Radeon's alternatives) to say something constructive about.

CPU intel/amd

Intel CPU's have Quicksync, which could come in helpful in Adobe Premiere or OBS recording, but not in many other scenarios.

Of course you should always consider CPU single-core performance + amount of threads and compare that to the work you do, before considering those sort of features.

RAM corsair/kingston/patriot/cruical/gskill/etc

PWR aerocool/corsair/thermaltake/coolemaster/chiftec/etc

Here it really is a case of getting something good, regardless of the brand stamped on it.

With RAM it's a lot easier, get something you want (i.e. certain capacity, speed, latency, etc.) and you're good.

As for PSU's, those are a lot more difficult. You can't say "All PSU's from brand X are good", because there is so much variation in it.

Other than a good wattage, the right cable, the right modularity for your build, etc. it's good to choose a PSU of sufficient quality.

Don't confuse an 80+ rating for a quality rating though, the 80+ rating only looks at the efficiency of a PSU.

MBRD asrock/asus/gigabyte/msi/etc

Same sort of deal as with RAM/PSU. Choose an option of sufficient quality for your build, regardless of the brand stamped on it.

You may still want to choose one brand over another for certain software related reasons (i.e. if you want to use ASUS Aura Sync for RGB control).

SSDs (inc. m2) a-data/apacer/gigabyte/kingston/silicon power/patriot/others

Same sort of deal as above.

Choose a good option for your use-case, but always choose a company with good support too.

There is no company you can buy from, that will make you immune for data-loss, so always make regular back-ups.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 hours ago, Defective_Soul said:

Never ever will I touch a Seagate again. Sure my experiences are 15-20 years old by now. But because of my (and my friends) experiences with Seagate drives in the past they are a pariah in my mind. 

If a HDD failed shortly into its life span it was always a Seagate drive, they run (ran) hot so if a HDD failed a bit into its life it was always a Seagate. Even further only drives that I have an experience of ever failing (without being mishandeled) have all been Seagate drives. 

Never had a problem with a WD drive, don't know anyone that has had one that failed (other than by mishandling it). Have always replaced WD drives before they fail because of more capacity is available so the old ones got retired while still fully functional. 

DISCLAIMER: Above is from home user perspective and not in a big corporate server setting.

User reviews are the only benefit of a brand, everything else comes or goes with who they employ over time.

1 hour ago, Spindel said:

a HDD failed shortly into its life span it was always a Seagate drive, they run (ran) hot so if a HDD failed a bit into its life it was always a Seagate. Even further only drives that I have an experience of ever failing (without being mishandeled) have all been Seagate drives. 

Never had a problem with a WD drive, 

I agree, even though i never had a seagate failing (or any other drive for that matter) but they're overpriced, slow sluggish and loud for the price especially (yes, i know they have cheap types, which are even worse )

Also i dont like WD, but still agree, they seem pretty solid and decent ("green" is bad though , have seen them failing often, werent mine though )

I really love Hitachi (rip)

And Toshiba , even though the latest one i have is a dud unfortunately, extremely slow and loud (maybe its not a real Toshiba , i dont know ?)

Their "SSHDs" are the best however, they invented it after all!  (also rip because sadly out of production, bullied away by cheap "fast SSDs" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

For RAM and SSD, you shouldn't look at brands. The chips come from couple of factories, and get repacked by several brands. Two brands could very well be using same chips, and have noticeable price difference as one is "known" and other is not. Clearest example for me was when A-Data was entering mainstream SSD markets, or when someone was asking if SanDisk is legit brand.

Mobos might be where the biggest differences between brands come about. But then again, you can find similar features across the field. Be it with RGB, amount of connectors etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For the most part i agree with the others. But in the end nothing comes down to the brand. It always comes down to the product. Every brand has had very good AND very bad products. So saying brand X is better than brand Y is just true.

Take Asus for example, who are known to build very good and high-end GPUs with their Strix brand. But then they released the 5700XT Strix and it was a complete shitshow.

So again; Don't look at the brand, but at the product. What you're asking for is basically a "brand review" and that just doesn't make any sense.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Some are premium brands, some are value brands and some are both.

All make bad products, some make good products.

Judge a product on its merits, not it’s brand.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz