MSI is screwing people who preordered a MSI rtx 3080 gaming trio 10G and Gaming X Trio 10G

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, MSI is to blame considering they're the ones who jacked the price as I pointed out.

Supply and demand. Not much you can really do when the market conditions make pricing higher the logical thing to do from a business perspective.

No stock since November for the Asus TUF 3080, waiting for the same thing discounted preorders to kick up the new price onto another model of the same thing. Think its more the Asus TUF Luck 3080, without a single one shipped this year for Australia not sure where the stock is but not one unit in 4 months.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

A retailer over here in the UK has just cancelled all 576 of their outstanding X Trio 3080 preorders, to date they have shipped around 300 so far.  One guy in their forum was still in position 60 in the queue and he ordered on launch day.  As much as people are angry at MSI for this decision a significant portion of the blame should fall with those retailers who massively oversold preorders for stock they were never guaranteed.  

Asus did the same thing with the non-OC Tuf 3080 in maybe November or earlier. Except they never announced it, and preorderers were just left in limbo.

1 hour ago, Maticks said:

No stock since November for the Asus TUF 3080, waiting for the same thing discounted preorders to kick up the new price onto another model of the same thing. Think its more the Asus TUF Luck 3080, without a single one shipped this year for Australia not sure where the stock is but not one unit in 4 months.

The non-OC Asus Tuf was discontinued around or before November, according to what I was told by the store I had one preordered with. See the link I've posted here.

The store I had one preordered with probably received less than 8 non-OC Asus Tuf from the time of its launch until the time when it was discontinued.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

48 minutes ago, chrishunt1701 said:

A retailer over here in the UK has just cancelled all 576 of their outstanding X Trio 3080 preorders, to date they have shipped around 300 so far.  One guy in their forum was still in position 60 in the queue and he ordered on launch day.  As much as people are angry at MSI for this decision a significant portion of the blame should fall with those retailers who massively oversold preorders for stock they were never guaranteed.  

i ordered on launch night also and still haven't seen a card, the 4080 will likely come out before many get their preordered cards.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Asus did the same thing with the non-OC Tuf 3080 in maybe November. Except they never announced it, and preorderers were just left in limbo.

The non-OC Asus Tuf was discontinued in November, according to what I was told by the store I had one preordered with. See the link I've posted here.

Asus have told me its not discontinued, but i would say the TUF 3080 OC is getting most production and non OC is getting the left overs.

At least in Australia on Launch night the Asus TUF 3080 was the only thing on offer a day or two later Asus had the TUF 3080 OC up for preorder.

I had already ordered so i thought i didn't need to put in one for the OC model, then i saw the stock going out for the OC model and though well i might have to wait a bit longer maybe December.

STORAGE 

12 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Asus have told me its not discontinued, but i would say the TUF 3080 OC is getting most production and non OC is getting the left overs.

At least in Australia on Launch night the Asus TUF 3080 was the only thing on offer a day or two later Asus had the TUF 3080 OC up for preorder.

I had already ordered so i thought i didn't need to put in one for the OC model, then i saw the stock going out for the OC model and though well i might have to wait a bit longer maybe December.

If you've been waiting for one since the launch in September, almost 7 months ago, I'd think that no more are coming. I was on the non-OC wait-list from within a few days of the September launch until December, with there being no movement on the list since maybe a weeks after the launch. But when I was moved to the front of the OC wait-list, I received one in about a week. And looking at wait-times locally, the OC one looks like it will be available within 1 - 1.5 months after the back-order date.

Personally, I'd contact Asus again and get some more clarification. The support might have been misinformed or confused by the fact that the Tuf OC is still being made. I'm inclined to not think that 7 months of waiting is just a backlog, when you back-ordered on launch day.

For me, it'd be worth getting the OC just to not be waiting that long. Not sure what the cost difference is between today's OC price and launch non-OC price is there (here, it's $250 CAD), but the difference might be able to be recouped with a few weeks of mining overnight and when not using the system.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If you've been waiting for one since the launch in September, almost 7 months ago, I'd think that no more are coming. I was on the non-OC wait-list from within a few days of the September launch until December, with there being no movement on the list since maybe a weeks after the launch. But when I was moved to the front of the OC wait-list, I received one in about a week. And looking at wait-times locally, the OC one looks like it will be available within 1 - 1.5 months after the back-order date.

Personally, I'd contact Asus again and get some more clarification. The support might have been misinformed or confused by the fact that the Tuf OC is still being made. I'm inclined to not think that 7 months of waiting is just a backlog, when you back-ordered on launch day.

For me, it'd be worth getting the OC just to not be waiting that long. Not sure what the cost difference is between today's OC price and launch non-OC price is there (here, it's $250 CAD), but the difference might be able to be recouped with a few weeks of mining overnight and when not using the system.

Our Retailers in Australia won't let us move to the OC i was stated if they change the card i get shoved to the back of the queue for the OC Card.

So by changing that i can be assured i won't get it till 2022. All i can do is wait it out, they've said they haven't been told ASUS has discontinued the card.

The cost difference here is $700 now to by the card i bought i think its $900 more for the OC model to what i paid. I have never waited this long for any computer part preordered.

I was worried i wouldn't get my card in October lol now its nearly the end of April.. very little stock is making it to Australia, USA, Europe. so where is it all going or staying ?

STORAGE 

22 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Our Retailers in Australia won't let us move to the OC i was stated if they change the card i get shoved to the back of the queue for the OC Card.

So by changing that i can be assured i won't get it till 2022. All i can do is wait it out, they've said they haven't been told ASUS has discontinued the card.

The cost difference here is $700 now to by the card i bought i think its $900 more for the OC model to what i paid. I have never waited this long for any computer part preordered.

I was worried i wouldn't get my card in October lol now its nearly the end of April.. very little stock is making it to Australia, USA, Europe. so where is it all going or staying ?

Wow. I would call Canada's price increase huge, but those are much huger price increases. And yeah, no idea where all those are going. I hope yours comes soon.

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

You can't just claim a price, preorder or not, then change it on the customer.   That's false advertising in a lot of places.   Heck, in my state that's considered breach of contract too.

Where are you getting this from? You absolutely can and it happens all the time in the retail world. Prices are always subject to change, both for the better (lower prices) or for the worse (higher prices). MSRP is a suggestion, the name implies as such, and they are free to price beyond that as they see fit. MSI also isn't obligated to produce cards to fulfil a preorder promised by a third party retailer. When orders such as these are placed, they commit to a specific amount of cards and that is all they are obligated to produce. If a retailer cannot fulfil pre-orders under that commitment, they over-promised customers under the assumption they were going to be able to order more, or too much of their stock went into exchange/RMA and they fell short.

Now pre-ordering is a bit different, that constitutes an agreement. If you pre-order something at a given price, it can't be raised on you after the fact. If they cannot fulfil the obligation, they may cancel the pre-order and offer a full refund, but that is the extent of it. Whether that constitutes false advertisement depends on the terms of the agreement and whether it was disclosed that the item under pre-order may not be procured and orders are subject to cancellation in such an event.

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

You do know that MSI, not that side part of them, but the head of the company is the one who decided to raise prices because "tariffs", but here's the thing.  Nvidia gets their parts from Taiwan, not China.  Taiwan is dealing with a drought and covid recovery.   Taiwan is not controlled by China.  Even if we ignored the false advertising it is MSI's fault because the reason they didn't even get an alternative is due to rising prices of GPUs, which MSI is now in on.  https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-plans-graphics-card-price-increases-2021

You are aware that MSI does most of their manufacturing in their Shenzhen plant, right? That's located in China, my friend. If companies could circumvent the tariffs simply by shipping their exported goods from a dummy location in Taiwan, this "trade war" would have been pretty easy to ignore. The location of your headquarters doesn't dictate where your goods are produced and what tariffs you may be subject to as a result. Plenty of companies headquartered here in the US with plants in China that are subject to these tariffs. 

I am not defending MSI's practices overall as a company, they won't be getting a dime of mine anytime soon, but your being unusually unreasonable in this thread. Don't let your feelings and opinions blind you of objectivity, the facts are pretty straight forward here.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

14 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Wow. I would call Canada's price increase huge, but those are much huger price increases. And yeah, no idea where all those are going. I hope yours comes soon.

Lets just say that there are good reasons to not buy a new graphics card in Australia - image.png.b3981f87827357cbeba4445d7dfe4bb1.png

Second hand GTX 1070 have nearly doubled in price since 2018 as well. RTX 3060 go for $1000+ as well...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Lets just say that there are good reasons to not buy a new graphics card in Australia - image.png.b3981f87827357cbeba4445d7dfe4bb1.png

Second hand GTX 1070 have nearly doubled in price since 2018 as well.

There are no words for these prices... 

STORAGE 

29 minutes ago, Maticks said:

I can't think of any that won't be blocked by the swear filter 😄

39 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Yeah...it doesn't matter which state the store is in - prices are absurdly high:
image.thumb.png.fa9211dc6d59e1b76285fd9304514238.png

When my GTX 1070 is faster in some games than a 1660ti, and almost catches up with RTX 2060...while being 2-3 years older and cheaper when new (let alone second hand)...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Second hand GTX 1070 have nearly doubled in price since 2018 as well. RTX 3060 go for $1000+ as well...

That's crazy and gross. Poor Aussies. At least you have cool animals.

Though, I sold my GTX 1070 right before mining took off again. I sold it for $300, which seemed to be a normal price on Craigslist at the time, but then in a few months they were selling for double that price.

This isn't surprising at all. We're in a time of absurd demand and MSI is scummy in-general, so yeah. Just chalking it up to AIB's foaming at the mouth because consumers have no patience.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I agree, MSI is a scumbag company who will never see a dime from me. My opinion of them has not changed over the years I've been in the hobby. I don't care if people love them.. that's their problem lol. I would never buy anything with their name on it, or in it somehow.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wasn't MSI the one who just got bad press for scalping?

Yes, that's right. Those stupid fucks have been placed on my blacklist. And they clearly don't care one bit about this one either.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Would find it very shady if it's from the stock that they were supposed to "refill", not the request for future cards.

*rants on about brands and what certain markets are allowing these companies to do and should strike back at them*

This is a messy situation complicated by wildly differing local laws and possibly also what the contracts where between the retailers and MSI.

1 hour ago, Nacht said:

This cant be legal

A preorder is just a contract. Without a penalty clause incorporated in the event of non-fulfillment (which MSI’s preorders probably lack), preorders are worth absolutely nothing to begin with. In the case of a cash deposit, it means the customer is entitled to only a refund, and not one iota more. And I’m pretty certain MSI isn’t stupid enough to “guarantee” a card to preorders, deposit or not. 

Scummy sure, but most probably legal if they dropped all their preorders with no further recourse than a refund (for those that paid a deposit). Just comes down to reading the thing you agreed to. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Hi all i see this topic derailed a little. Just to shed some light on the situation my friend Joe pre-ordered a 3080 gaming x trio on 24/10/2020 since then he has been moved around the queue (both up and down) and moved very little position. Today he received this email from Overclockers UK  unknown.png

I would like to highlight that Overclockers are claiming MSI will not offer support to upgrade customers to an alternative product (i.e the brand new Z variant they are releasing) despite advertising the new like for like product gaming z trio on their website right now (https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3080-GAMING-Z-TRIO-10G). My friend paid for this product upon pre-order 6 months ago. From an accounting point of view something seems super fraudulent here. How can Overclockers take payment for this product as a pre-order, without MSI first agreeing to the sales in their accounts? To me this looks like MSI have temporarily hyper-inflated their sales beyond something that they could actually produce. (or ultimately, recognising the decrease later and lowered their income at just the right time to avoid paying a lot of tax) 

Although I understand that this is a MSI problem however, it is also worth noting that Overclockers have consistently managed to meet B2B orders to Joe's work place for cards like the EVGA 3080. It is clear that Overclockers are not a consumer oriented business. I'm sure they could have found alternatives for their customers themselves. (considering Overclockers is one of the largest computer part specialists in the UK and all.🤷‍♂️)

I hope this information is helpful and this makes it to the WAN show.

If you see this - Linus you helped us build and diagnose our computers more than you know, we really enjoy watching your content and hope you live a good life!

Jack & Joe - 24, United Kingdom

MSI - Money Slavery Inc

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Yea, no more desktop for me for several years I will assume... A Laptop for my future new PC

2 hours ago, Jackwb said:

Hi all i see this topic derailed a little. Just to shed some light on the situation my friend Joe pre-ordered a 3080 gaming x trio on 24/10/2020 since then he has been moved around the queue (both up and down) and moved very little position. Today he received this email from Overclockers UK  unknown.png

I would like to highlight that Overclockers are claiming MSI will not offer support to upgrade customers to an alternative product (i.e the brand new Z variant they are releasing) despite advertising the new like for like product gaming z trio on their website right now (https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3080-GAMING-Z-TRIO-10G). My friend paid for this product upon pre-order 6 months ago. From an accounting point of view something seems super fraudulent here. How can Overclockers take payment for this product as a pre-order, without MSI first agreeing to the sales in their accounts? To me this looks like MSI have temporarily hyper-inflated their sales beyond something that they could actually produce. (or ultimately, recognising the decrease later and lowered their income at just the right time to avoid paying a lot of tax) 

Although I understand that this is a MSI problem however, it is also worth noting that Overclockers have consistently managed to meet B2B orders to Joe's work place for cards like the EVGA 3080. It is clear that Overclockers are not a consumer oriented business. I'm sure they could have found alternatives for their customers themselves. (considering Overclockers is one of the largest computer part specialists in the UK and all.🤷‍♂️)

I hope this information is helpful and this makes it to the WAN show.

If you see this - Linus you helped us build and diagnose our computers more than you know, we really enjoy watching your content and hope you live a good life!

Jack & Joe - 24, United Kingdom

This is the retailer I was on about earlier, they cancelled 576 Gaming X Trio preorders today.  They still have queues for every other model of 3080 too, some of them still over 1000.  Should check out their forums, its a mess there at the moment.