Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Found this unique workstation on eBay. Not sure as to how old, or what it's uses were, but it's look and age would make an interesting video. Ebay ListingScreenshot2023-06-27072853.thumb.png.8618bc894afa225fec7c60cf003443ce.png

DIY Cloud for storage, file sharing, password vault, email/web hosting and media streaming with good open source mobile apps for access.

Essentially replace google in your tech life.

15 hours ago, Omni-Owl said:

I would hope LTT would oppose what Microsoft is planning to do: https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/27/23775117/microsoft-windows-11-cloud-consumer-strategy

Basically make Windows entirely cloud based.

I think this has to be just for 'netbook' style thin and lights or tablets because this is functionally impossible for business and professional users.

19 hours ago, Omni-Owl said:

I would hope LTT would oppose what Microsoft is planning to do: https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/27/23775117/microsoft-windows-11-cloud-consumer-strategy

Basically make Windows entirely cloud based.

I don't see this as really a bad thing to be honest, no one is going to take away your gaming PC. Cloud-based windows really makes sense for large organizations like schools and companies so they could just pay a subscription fee for thousands of cloud windows clients while only actually buying inexpensive computers to just stream what Microsoft servers are doing to the user. Because of economies of scale cloud computing is a lot cheaper than having thousands of powerful PCs which could individually game or edit videos.

Would love to see a video about the data removal sites like Incogni.com that claim to remove personal information about you from the internet and how effective they really are, and if they are worth the price.

This is random and maybe suggested before but id love to see someone try to build a whole PC in a standard Checked bag for an airplane. I work at an airport and saw a bag that was the exact size as a PC case with a case in it and thought it would be funny. like do a drop test or something idk

In the Ryzen 7000 (non x) review, there was a promise to review Intel's low end 13th gen CPUs. I am curious whether or not you remember, it already exists or that you are reviewing them right now I'll have the video refencing the promise right here.

With 22h2 of windows 10 being the "final" version I'd love a video of comparing windows 10 to 11 performance now that the later's bugs are (mostly) worked out. With different generations of video cards/cpus, etc.

Or if it would be better to just wait until 2025 to upgrade to 11

Closed Loop Liquid Nitrogen Cooling but the whole PC is inside an airtight enclosure so it stays completely dry.

Would like to see a PC build using parts that are 10 years old. Only parts that came out the year of 2013.

Get an old case and make a DIY Water chiller and dispenser inside it using consumer water cooling parts and a huge reservior.

Stay hydrated homies.

after watching Linus'  recent video where he upgraded his Mac XServer 3,1 (Which was an awesome video I had been anticipating since the release of the first), a highlight for me was Linus mentioning the cpu upgradability, how the cpu was pretty close in performance to the newer versions and how the cooling systems in place couldn't handle those newer version processors. This sparked a thought: "Why not water cool it? Because of this, my request is that you guys use your plethora of equipment and freaking water cool it, maybe even use the chiller and overclock (I believe it's possible but I'm not sure for all architectures etc. And do some more cool hackintosh stuff. (I think it would get lots of views and If I had the funds and tools would be freaking awesome to do, not sure if yell agree)

TLDR; I have the VITURE One AR/XR Glasses from their Kickstarter campaign. I think they're really cool, and would be happy to send them to y'all (from Northeast US) if you want to do an unboxing/review. I have all of the original, very bougie, packaging for a true unboxing experience except for some of the paper/plastic sleeves for cables.

Here is their website https://www.viture.com (where they're now selling the glasses) and some similar videos on ShortCircuit for context:
Rokid Max AR Glasses
Nreal Air AR Glasses
Nreal Light AR Glasses

Additional Detail:

I watch a lot of youtube in my Quest 2, and I was looking for a lighter-weight, less-isolating alternative which could

1. Be used on a plane
  2. Share video with a friend!

So I took a gamble on this Kickstarter. 

I backed their Kickstarter in May 2022 for:
2 x VITURE One XR Glasses
2 x Lens Shade
1 x VITURE One Neckband
1 x VITURE One Mobile Dock + Nintendo Switch clip

And as of July 2023, I everything has been delivered!

The neckband was delayed until yesterday, but Ive been trying the glasses out for a couple weeks and I don't love them more than my Quest 2.
So I'd be happy to send them out to y'all for a review/unboxing!
I'm not using them much if at all, so I wouldn't need them back in any sort of timely manner.

I hope this is interesting!

Lmg is all for reusing old hardware right? Well I’ve been having this problem for a while now. People ask me to fix their printers. It’s literally cheaper to buy a new one than to get ink think of some new innovative way to at least recycle them into something interesting if not useful. 

21 hours ago, bdcollins18 said:

TLDR; I have the VITURE One AR/XR Glasses from their Kickstarter campaign. I think they're really cool, and would be happy to send them to y'all (from Northeast US) if you want to do an unboxing/review. I have all of the original, very bougie, packaging for a true unboxing experience except for some of the paper/plastic sleeves for cables.

Here is their website https://www.viture.com (where they're now selling the glasses) and some similar videos on ShortCircuit for context:
Rokid Max AR Glasses
Nreal Air AR Glasses
Nreal Light AR Glasses

Additional Detail:

I watch a lot of youtube in my Quest 2, and I was looking for a lighter-weight, less-isolating alternative which could

1. Be used on a plane
  2. Share video with a friend!

So I took a gamble on this Kickstarter. 

I backed their Kickstarter in May 2022 for:
2 x VITURE One XR Glasses
2 x Lens Shade
1 x VITURE One Neckband
1 x VITURE One Mobile Dock + Nintendo Switch clip

And as of July 2023, I everything has been delivered!

The neckband was delayed until yesterday, but Ive been trying the glasses out for a couple weeks and I don't love them more than my Quest 2.
So I'd be happy to send them out to y'all for a review/unboxing!
I'm not using them much if at all, so I wouldn't need them back in any sort of timely manner.

I hope this is interesting!

Never mind, y’all just posted a video today

how’s that for timing?

It will be unlimited mega content!

Cool the Tiny Box Thing quietly and do the Development in the Lab. Distribution via ltt störe. It will be fire :) :) 

Hey Ltt, found this local to me (and you) ad about a 16gb 3070?! Thought it might be interesting for a vid. 

IMG_3758.png

IMG_3759.png

Hey LTT!

I just came across this post on reddit where /u/DragonSkyRunner created their own VR headset called the Hades Wideboy. (Link to post). He has a breakdown on the build process and the advantages over other commercial headsets here on Imgur

I remember the video where Linus got hands on with the Lucid VR gloves and thought this could be a great addition to the DIY VR videos. It would be really cool to see what Linus thinks after trying out this headset.

spacer.png

Surelly a tech quickie on explaining bit flips caused by cosmic rays and how they make chips malfunction randomly and can cause weird bugs like what happened in a mario64 speedrun

Here is a fun idea, a blind test for PCs of various price points vs a console attached to both a montor and TV.

Various LTT people blind test games running on various systems trying to guess if they are running on a PC or PS5 (or xbsx).

The main question to be explored is how expensive of a pc can replicate the console experience.

The monitor and TV angle is useful because I think from far away a certain level of detail disappears so you can get away with more.

The systems should be:

a used low end pc - i5 3070, rx580, 16 gb ram, ssd (you can get that for like 150 eur)

a used "high end" pc - i7, 1080TI, 16 Gb ram, SSD (you can get that for like 220 eur)

a new 500 € pc - st with 6600xt (shjuld be about on par with ps5)

a used last gen pc  - ryzen 3600, 3060TI, 16 GB ram, nvme (600 € ish)

a new mid tier pc - sth with 4070 for instance

a new highend pc - sth with 4090

These tiers are a bit random and ofc should be adjusted a bit.

Ideally, you would have all of these setups side by side in one room with controllers attached and people could walk from one to another and test them out and then give their assessment. Naturally, some people should be gamers, and others total casuals.