Request to release the VAG quiz

StackUnderflow
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Here are some

I have a 3080 so i don't need one (humble brag, but not that i would have gotten one anyways). However, I am curious as to whether if Linus considers me a gamer. So out of curiosity, is it possible to release the quiz and scoring mechanism for us to check our "gamer cred".

46 minutes ago, StackUnderflow said:

However, I am curious as to whether if Linus considers me a gamer.

Did you play TF2, PUBG, Mario Cart, KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden (or Japanese fightings), Portal? Do you know where the meme about bases belonging to us comes from, and do you remember the news about 800k catridges found in New Mexico?

But if not, I guess some gaming skills improve your ability to google that quickly.

One of the reasons why it isn’t released is likely that it could quickly be learned by bots.

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

One of the reasons why it isn’t released is likely that it could quickly be learned by bots.

2 hours ago, Miracle Nachos said:

I would legit suggest a ban for anyone who would post, or request the posting of, the secret quiz hidden behind a url that wasn't written down anywhere, for the sole purpose of weeding out bots.

If for no reason other than to raise the general intellect of the forum as a whole.

If they're going to reuse questions sure don't post them but it's not a secret anymore since its already out there, I do think they should change the questions the next time around (cmon it's not that hard to do).

Just wondering out loud what the questions were this time...

I was also wondering what kind of questions they were asking... Could you even make any mistakes or was it the kind where you had to know every answers to be a VAG ?

Was it just memes around a few mainstream things like a member said above?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I was also wondering what kind of questions they were asking... Could you even make any mistakes or was it the kind where you had to know every answers to be a VAG ?

Was it just memes around a few mainstream things like a member said above?

Yeah I'm sure they were doing the best they could (and a quiz is technically easy to implement and probably the most scalable). But some of the references could be obscure... Like I don't play 4/6 games the poster commented above and I don't know where allyourbasesarebelongtous came from (I know it from Warcraft 3 cheat code) and I don't know anything about and can't be bothered to learn about Atari.

TBH I was expecting something like "insert this random string into your steam profile and make it public" and they'll just manually check 300 steam profiles (which can be done in 1 FTE work day).

Man I read the topic title and the first thing I thought of was VAG group (Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Ateca etc) 😛 

6 hours ago, Miracle Nachos said:

for the sole purpose of weeding out bots.

They need to make new questions for the next time. Lots of people saw the quiz, so the bots too.

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Could you even make any mistakes or was it the kind where you had to know every answers to be a VAG ?

2 wrong answers allowed (but you stay at the same question), can skip 3 times. Unlimited retries.

8 hours ago, StackUnderflow said:

TBH I was expecting something like "insert this random string into your steam profile and make it public" and they'll just manually check 300 steam profiles (which can be done in 1 FTE work day).

Or have buyers submit their Steam ID or something. They could even automate the checks and not need someone manually checking steam profiles. That way you could verify what games they have played or how much they have played. 

4 minutes ago, agatong55 said:

I am sure that every drop they do will have different questions.

That's what they should do. Reusing the same questions would be asinine, even for LMG.

It would be pretty neat to play the quiz even if it's just for fun. No prizes, Just a means to have a bit of fun.

It sounds like it's easy enough.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

9 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

It sounds like it's easy enough.

It was quite easy.

And most of the answers were Googleable.

elephants

I hope the test is a 1v1 against Linus on Rocket League or CSGO

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

35 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It was quite easy.

And most of the answers were Googleable.

Yeah but you're at a distinct disadvantage if you have to spend time googling whereas others can just do it from memory. And even with unlimited retries, each retry is going to take time and others will get ahead (which is not necessarily a bad thing by design, since the most seasoned "gamer memelords" will have an advantage which could be what they want).

It sounds like from previous comments, it's basically a timed race of "who can remember the most gaming memelord information".

23 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I hope the test is a 1v1 against Linus on Rocket League or CSGO

Nah 2v2 teams vs. Linus + Luke in Anno 1800.

My guess is that they won't reuse the questions, and will likely go over them during the next WAN show. 

The quiz wasn't too bad if you've played a variety of games and/or watched game related videos a lot. 

One of the question was mean though. It had three right answers and you needed to pick the "rightest", and at least in my case, I didn't read all answers once I saw a correct one (trying to rush and all). Lost two lives on that one question 😛

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Here are some

okay, damn, I couldn't answer anywhere near all of those