AT&T promises to lower your Internet bill if FCC kills net neutrality

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/att-promises-to-lower-your-internet-bill-if-fcc-kills-net-neutrality/

calling-bullshit.gif

Ok I know im not the brightest person or have the most knowledge of Net Neutrality but even I can see that this is the dumbest thing on the planet. Like Really AT&T you just gonna blatantly ask for us to get rid of NN and you'll lower the cost of internet. You'll more then likely slow down the speeds of your internet or create a tiered internet or some other terrible thing that i can't think of. How do you guys feel about this? Also this is my first post on the forum let me know if I even did this right lol

"and then we'll drop price across the board by $2.50 for our TV, internet, and telephone bundles only and raise the price for everyone that doesn't have a bundle or uses Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube"

uRcbL5k.gif

Error: 410

No your not. All your gonna do is make up some lame excuse for raising the price along with adding a fee for being gamers and having Netflix.

Well done lbackmoses, keep learning under the command of master Linus and commander Slick.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

who needs privacy ive you dont have money, that $2.50 will help a lot!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

AT&T is such a pathetic company. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That just made my week. This IS the world of The Onion!

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

The ISP's in the us are just going full retard

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

horseSHIT

and that's all I have to say about that.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Good thing no one uses netflix...or youtube....or goes on the internet................

post-8530-0-52794600-1395728176.jpg

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/att-promises-to-lower-your-internet-bill-if-fcc-kills-net-neutrality/

Ok I know im not the brightest person or have the most knowledge of Net Neutrality but even I can see that this is the dumbest thing on the planet. Like Really AT&T you just gonna blatantly ask for us to get rid of NN and you'll lower the cost of internet. You'll more then likely slow down the speeds of your internet or create a tiered internet or some other terrible thing that i can't think of. How do you guys feel about this? Also this is my first post on the forum let me know if I even did this right lol

This makes pretty good sense to be honest.

Its a shame most people here are incapable of using their brains, and instead just post memes and image macros.

If they are able to control the traffic on their network, and prioritise different things then they would be able to carry more customers on the same cable and therefor lower the price.

I bet it will work as well. Most people dont understand why destroying Net Neutraility can be bad. They will just want a lower bill.

Worst ISP NA!

I struggle to fathom how companies like these, with geographic monopolies and control over infrastructure are allowed to just profiteer as they do. Capitalism doesn't work without competition, well it does, just not for the consumer.

its-not-what-it-looks-like-spongebob.jpg

Ignorant consumers fw.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Its a shame most people here are incapable of using their brains, and instead just post memes and image macros.

If they are able to control the traffic on their network, and prioritise different things then they would be able to carry more customers on the same cable and therefor lower the price.

I bet it will work as well. Most people dont understand why destroying Net Neutraility can be bad. They will just want a lower bill.

No it makes no sense ending net neutrality. It's because of that companies like Google could succeed. To me, all customers should be equal. I should not have to pay more for a service because I use it for a particular type of traffic, or visit a certain website.

What AT&T want is a tiered Internet plan. Do you use Skype? Then that's an additional dollar a month. You want YouTube? Another 3 dollars a month, etc.

Extremely bad for customers and very bad for companies as well, since it means new companies would have to spend most of their money paying ISPs to allow their traffic on their network.

2.50 dollars (for their bundle, probably less if you don't have a phone or TV) is a pathetic sum as well. This would not be a good idea even if it was a ~75% drop either, because I am sure all the additional fees they will add will even it out (and it would create a very unequal playing field).

AT&T, I hope something terrible happens to you, because now you're trying to ruin the Internet for everyone.

Most people don't realise that ISP's are delivery boys and the delivery boy should not be allowed to charge more to deliver a paper that weighs the same simply because it is printed by a different company.  

We do not pay ISP's for the content we pay for the delivery,  If net neutrality is dissolved, then ISP's are free to charge based on content rather than data, which is wrong, I pay my ISP to give me access to the whole internet not to  parts of the internet. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Quick hack into the emergancy broadcast system, the jumbo tron in timesquare, nd the stock market tickers and have it put tek syndicates and others latest videos about this issue before att hits the uninformed easily tricked masses. Lol. Also include the truth about everyone from comcast to verizons greedieness

mr-bean-in-car-middle-finger-to-everyone

(borrowing this from the Facebook-Oculus buyout thread)

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

why is everything you say sensationalist to the threads you post on.

on some threads you ramble on how american corporations are evil and horrible. on others you basically call the american people fools. on others you state that we shouldn't use isp's since they're so bad. and in this one you act like it's fine and dandy to remove NN which is basically a system of checks and balances that attempts to prevent people from being corrupt that you speak about.

i'm now convinced you're just a troll and not worth anyone's time.