When are price’s going back to normal,( Cpu,gpu,vr,etc)

Xboxfat

Hopefully soon. Realistically in maybe 6 mon? I feel your pain.

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

It highly depends on how quickly things return back return, though by 2022 there's a very high probability that there will be more GPU-stock, and therefore GPU prices will also drop.

We're in the middle of a global semiconductor shortage with no discernible end in sight.  No one can give you a straight answer because the global logistics surrounding the shortage have no easy solutions.

Just hang on tight, and maybe save up more for a better specced PC when supply eventually normalizes.  And when I say eventually, I really do mean eventually.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

The over/under is the heat death of the universe.

Personally, I'm taking the over.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

No one knows but I would guess it will  be at least 2022...

Price escalation of hot products online is going to be a continual and growing issue for at least a while.

We have moved a lot of purchasing online which has a byproduct we are now beginning to see with people creating and using automatic botting technology to exploit the storefront (if a bot can purchase from a storefront far more efficiently and faster than a consumer that is an exploit of a technology intended primarily for consumers, not a "market feature")

Because bot technology is unregulated soon institutions and cartels will jump in as well. 

In the last decade companies have moved to "Just in Time" inventory and production. They only gear up for an expected market sell, and there is little additional inventory for unexpected upticks. Additional capacity is also affected by the desire not to overproduce as too much overproduction can have a large impact on profits.

A cartel, group of investors, or institution can easily game this dynamic any time there is strong demand with very little downside risk. They just need to avoid products that are more marginal markets. The production company, on the other hand, is not well suited to react to manipulated inventory. If they ramp up to meet what is lost via scalpers/cartels they risk losing it if the scalper decides to let loose the inventory near msrp. So they are likely to be slower to increase production.

This is likely not only going to be around for a while but it will rotate around products creating distortions in markets until we determine the best way to deal with it: Or alternatively leave it alone to mature and then this will be our "normal" market.

Saw a good quote on Reddit about it, kinda agreed (sadly!)

"I used to think that but now I don't. Scalpers will continue to buy up all the stock for the foreseeable future. There's no reason not to. Just buy up everything and resell to gamers, cryptominers, AI researchers, 3D modelers, etc.

The scalping market is huge, and I doubt nvidia and amd can make enough to overwhelm the scalper's buying capacity"

2 hours ago, Liam Gorham said:

Saw a good quote on Reddit about it, kinda agreed (sadly!)

"I used to think that but now I don't. Scalpers will continue to buy up all the stock for the foreseeable future. There's no reason not to. Just buy up everything and resell to gamers, cryptominers, AI researchers, 3D modelers, etc.

The scalping market is huge, and I doubt nvidia and amd can make enough to overwhelm the scalper's buying capacity"

Would there be any Laws that could apply to Product Scalping? It is one thing for prices increasing due to production temporary shutting down because of the Pandemic. But even worse, Scalpers are causing far worse shortages and price hikes then there would be.

Look at these prices

a6KxpQU.png

unknown.png

rfJvrdA.png

I know GPU prices are high but this is a normal retailer that used to have normal prices. Seems like everyone is trying to sell off their GPUs now

3 minutes ago, denzelULT said:

Seems like everyone is trying to sell off their GPUs now

You mean everyone's trying to buy a GPU?...

Title is wrong. It's hilarious to watch people have meltdowns over supply and demand.

EDIT: My comment won't make sense since threads were merged. My point still stands.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, denzelULT said:

I know GPU prices are high but this is a normal retailer that used to have normal prices. Seems like everyone is trying to sell off their GPUs now

Ummm. More 3060s and TIs than that too...

Capture.PNG.6a425f0e31cf0c4c1c0cf2ca46f29c8b.PNG

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 3/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, Cela1 said:

Realisticly, GPU prices are only going down when (or realistically IF) crypto crashes.

CPUs are actually pretty reasonable ATM (at least where I am).

RAM however, depends on how much price fixing SK Hynix and co to currently up to... as well as how much RAM phone manufacturers are gobbling up to make their stickers look better than the competition.

image.thumb.png.fa81575c8f7e907b858e7af95ac6168a.pngYour gonna tell me this is reasonable?

On 3/8/2021 at 12:38 AM, Xboxfat said:

When can I expect prices to go back down

Realistically shortages wont stop until either A) More fabs are built world wide. or B) Scalpers and miners are put a stop to. Since the world seems content to allow miners and scalpers to continue your option is going to be A.

You're looking at 2025 before prices return to normal as that's about the soonest you can expect more fabs to be built and that's if they're built at blistering speeds. 

Add on the ever quickening and dwindling supply of silica, even by then prices aren't likely to come down unless elon musk decides he wants to start a mining operation on the moon for the stuff. (That's a serious note, not a joke, a large chunk of the moon is silica.)

Any company that's saying "shortages will last another year" are just going to keep pushing it along each time that year comes up, they've already done this, first they said "2021" for everything from GPU's to Xbox's and PS5's, now they're saying 2022. It's just going to keep going, they know it's not going away, they just need to save face.

Just saw there was a shortage of MOS fets.
So no time soon.

The winter storm and grid in Texas had all those places have to shut down, have to expect many wafers will have dead parts.

30% of USA will not take life saving medicine.
So the pandemic will still be a large issue.

Scalpers are pouncing on everything, I can not even buy an EVGA 1200, 1300, or 1600 PSU atm.

Good luck all, things are going to get rougher before they get better.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, RoseLuck462 said:

Probably never, this is the new norm.

the sad truth

On 3/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, CombatZip said:

I want to build a pc under 600$ but gpu prices are too high.

When will they drop?

we have no idea

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Hmm let me check for you...

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 3/8/2021 at 6:38 AM, Xboxfat said:

When can I expect prices to go back down

Sometime after the pandemic is over and mining crashes again.

The current shortage is a result of multiple issues, such as chip shortages, miners, scalpers and the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Rym said:

Sometime after the pandemic is over and mining crashes again.

The current shortage is a result of multiple issues, such as chip shortages, miners, scalpers and the pandemic.

Well Scalpers could be dealt with by passing Laws against it. Coin Mining? Not sure how Laws making this illegal can be enforced, Unless Governments are checking Power Bills, and then checking to see why they so high.