Crytek, Others announces support for Mantle + nVidia teams with Titanfall Dev

nicehat

crytek.jpg

AMD and Crytek have used this year’s GDC to announce that the CryENGINE will soon natively support the new Mantle graphics API. Crytek claim that the mantle integration will give “extraordinary efficiency, performance and hardware control”. No CryENGINE-Mantle games have yet been announced, but it’ll only be a matter of time.

“Crytek prides itself on enabling CRYENGINE with the latest and most impressive rendering capabilities,” said Cevat Yerli, Founder, CEO & President of Crytek. “By integrating AMD’s new Mantle API, CRYENGINE will gain a dimension of ‘lower level’ hardware access that enables extraordinary efficiency, performance and hardware control.”

UPDATE-

In other news, AMD is also pairing up with Rebellion Developments to get Mantle support in Sniper Elite III. This movve was  expected since there was a close relationship between the two for other Sniper Elite titles.

Square Enix is also partnering with AMD for their upcoming game Murdered: Soul Suspect. Murdered will be integrating a number of unspecified Direct3D 11 effects. 

Finally, AMD and developer Xaviant have confirmed that Lichdom will be integrating support for AMD’s TrueAudio technology and their TressFX Hair technology. Lichdom was already being used to demonstrate TrueAudio back at AMD’s Hawaii press event, so this is largely a confirmation that the final game will include the technology. TressFX ont he other hand is a more recent addition. 

For you nVidia users, fret not. It looks like Crytek will also be adopting Gameworks for their upcoming free-to-play online FPS Warface. Warface will be integrating Turbulence and PhysX for improved debris and particle simulations. These enhancements will be released in a future patch. In other late-in-the-day announcements, nVidia has announced that they’re also partnering with Respawn Entertainment, the developers of Titanfall. Titanfall with be receiving NVIDIA technology enhancements, specifically support for TXAA anti-aliasing (something we haven’t seen much news of lately) and HBAO+ ambient occlusion. Like Warface, these features will be patched in at a later date. Furthermore, NVIDIA also mentions that future Titanfall updates will include support for 4K resolution displays and SLI; though the nature of this announcement makes it sound like it’s generic functionality that won't be NVIDIA-exclusive.

Wow, so a huge AMD nVidia Cluster truck of news today. As you digest all of that, what are your thoughts on the most recent moves by both sides? It sounds like AMD has made some serious moves lately with its Mantle partnerships. Another set of big names aligns itself with AMD's brainchild. Is this a sign of things to come in its battle with DX? 

Awesome.jpg

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amds-mantle-api-2014mar19.aspx

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7882/gdc-2014-nvidia-amd-announce-new-game-dev-partnerships-crytek-epic-more

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

No CryENGINE-Mantle games have yet been announced

Whats about Star Citizen?

I'd hate to sound like a fan boy, but DX12 when it's released will probably offer everything Mantle is and more, and be more widely supported.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Nice, this is what I want to see. I'd be alot happier if Microsoft didn't get their dirty hands on Crytek but this is still a good thing.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

All the AMD fanboys said, "Amen."

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

didn't we hear about this a few months ago?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'd hate to sound like a fan boy, but DX12 when it's released will probably offer everything Mantle is and more, and be more widely supported.

It's not fanboyish in the slightest.  I wouldn't be surprised if this prediction is exactly correct.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

#repostlyfe

didn't we hear about this a few months ago?

This is the only thread I found in Dec which was about Crytek evaluating Mantle. As far as I know, this news was released 3 hours ago. Its fresh

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

i have to say if the new dx is as good as mantle, then mantle has done its job. I think it was all about just pushing the industry forward

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is the only thread I found in Dec which was about Crytek evaluating Mantle. As far as I know, this news was released 3 hours ago. Its fresh

This. 

They were evaluating it. They never made a commitment until today.

i have to say if the new dx is as good as mantle, then mantle has done its job. I think it was all about just pushing the industry forward

Again, this.

AMD basically said, "We don't care if Mantle is widely adopted. We just want to push the industry forward." (Paraphrased)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yes, you sound like a fan boy, congratulations. Have a star.   

Yes, you sound like a fan boy, congratulations. Have a star.   

Thanks friend!

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

what if I told you dx 12 was mantle.

dx12 = mantle renamed (rumor)

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

its so great that no matter what you chose you will NEVER have the full experience...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

G4U amd

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Didn't AMD also announce that Xaviant's games would be utilizing Mantle as well? (Not that it's nearly as big a fish as Crytek, but still)

EDIT: NVM, Xaviant is using CryEngine, so there's my answer.

Didn't AMD also announce that Xaviant's games would be utilizing Mantle as well? (Not that it's nearly as big a fish as Crytek, but still)

They already got the biggest fish, ea. What's left is maybe blizzard and Bethesda. Their games would actually benefit from mantle.

Oh and rockstar. But they give no shits about pc.

What would be big would be halo coming to pc with any kind of partnership. But, ya'know, Microsoft.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I cant help but feel this forum is like a 75/25 split of nvidia/amd fanboys _._

"lel new card will melt world, better have jet engine powered cooling system"
"lel mantle is the fail, excuse me while i try to compare it to g-sync"
"why mantle so special its limiting our available in games options down to hardware vendors, excuse me while i praise G-Sync"

I've never seen those three obviously over-sarcasmed statments said more than on this forum.

Not that i care at all, we are all intiteled to our opinions it just seems oddly in your face for a communitiy i was hoping would be a little less fanboyey (its a word now, shush)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

"why mantle so special its limiting our available in games options down to hardware vendors, excuse me while i praise G-Sync"

I've never seen those three obviously over-sarcasmed statments said more than on this forum.

Not that i care at all, we are all intiteled to our opinions it just seems oddly in your face for a communitiy i was hoping would be a little less fanboyey (its a word now, shush)

There are fanboys in every community, but I really don't think we have an abundance of one over the other. We certainly do have anti-AMD fanboys, I think you could certainly argue that we get a lot of posts along the lines of "AMD is our savior! Nvidia is greedy and evil!"

I think there's been a lot of AMD news(much of it Mantle related) lately, so that's more likely to draw out anti-AMD people. In contrast, there haven't been as much Nvidia news, so anti-Nvidia people don't have a lot of opportunity to comment.

In response to your three statements, I don't see the first one as a huge problem. Yeah, people like to make fun of AMD's newest cards being hot and loud, but I never saw it as anything particularly venomous (although some people might intend it that way). I just see it as more of a temporary computer hardware meme, not something to be taken totally seriously. (Although I think we can all agree that aftermarket cooling designs are preferable...)

here I'll say some anti-Nvidia stuff to balance it out.... Nvidia is crazy expensive, and like exclusive things like physx... that's all I got

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

There are fanboys in every community, but I really don't think we have an abundance of one over the other. We certainly do have anti-AMD fanboys, I think you could certainly argue that we get a lot of posts along the lines of "AMD is our savior! Nvidia is greedy and evil!"

I think there's been a lot of AMD news(much of it Mantle related) lately, so that's more likely to draw out anti-AMD people. In contrast, there haven't been as much Nvidia news, so anti-Nvidia people don't have a lot of opportunity to comment.

In response to your three statements, I don't see the first one as a huge problem. Yeah, people like to make fun of AMD's newest cards being hot and loud, but I never saw it as anything particularly venomous (although some people might intend it that way). I just see it as more of a temporary computer hardware meme, not something to be taken totally seriously. (Although I think we can all agree that aftermarket cooling designs are preferable...)

I'll point you to the recent posts about Nvidias new driver post which is from a very sketchy source and already being used to praise the mighty Nvidia (though many users are pointing out the sketchyness of the source) and shoot down AMD. (this one does makes a more sense to mention AMD as its a direct comparison to Mantle, I recognize)

I'll then point out the EVGA 6gb 780 coming out and how the entire forum post is essentially /drool  and /throwingmoneyatscreen

While in comparison the Saphire 290x 8gb annoncement if filled with /lolwhoneedsthatmuchmemory and /pointless

Again amd news but the post saying AMD will fully support DX12 on all GCN card is filled with nothing but "lol so exactly what nvidias doing?" and "mantle dead, lol amd fail again"

While the post saying Nvidia will support DX12 as well is full of pretty much praise and for some reason the calling out of the "death of mantle"

Again its a "meh whatever" kind of point and doesnt really matter but even in the news about nvidia products the posts are always pointing at AMD and saying how dead they are and how you should just buy a 780ti already.

And yes we can all agree the referance cooler on the 200x series was horrible.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Cool, honesty though I've always been more impressed by the visuals created in the frostbite engine than cryengine...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|