Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Tesla will be coming to India in 2021. But I can say that their is a potential competitor in the pre-production stage in India.

The car that I am speaking about  "Extinction MK1". This is a product of the Bangalore-based company called Pravaig Dyanmics. There are few production Electric cars in India. But, this car looks promising to me.

Pravaig Extinction Mk1 interior detailed during unveil [Update]

14 minutes ago, kiranbl said:

The car that I am speaking about  "Extinction MK1".

Not gonna lie that name may need some more focus-grouping.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

So... you didn't buy a Tesla. Your wife's parents bought a Tesla and let you play with it for a while.

Now the titles aren't even annoying clickbait, they're straight up lies. Cool... I guess.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

14 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

So... you didn't buy a Tesla. Your wife's parents bought a Tesla and let you play with it for a while.

Now the titles aren't even annoying clickbait, they're straight up lies. Cool... I guess.

He bought it for them.

Up until now the silly comments I've seen had been pretty evenly split between "you bought a Tesla after you criticized Tesla so you're a sellout" and "you didn't buy it for yourself so it doesn't count," so congrats on coming up with a new and original dumb way to be salty.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

He was a employee at LMG who unfortunately passed away a few days ago.

Yea that can be fixed via software, the issue is North American governments are wimps. Ontario shot down RTR last year, currently the RTR laws in many places are lacking in NA. Till that changes buying a Tesla vs a full EV (or any car for that matter) from Ford, DC, Chevy or anyone won't make a difference. Once laws force change then change will happen. In the US they have it for phones and other devices but not for cars really.

Also 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Didn't he make a video explaining why he didn't buy a Tesla like, 3 months ago?

This wall of text was originally posted as a YouTube comment, but it was too long, so here it is:

Hi Linus, I'm a very loyal viewer of your channel, even though I never comment on the videos. You have told us to give you some feedback about your car videos and you have told on several occasions that you read through most of the comments of your videos, so here's hope you'll actually read this comment and you find it useful. As a small background about my feedback, I am an engineer and a freak for both cars and tech (yeah, go figure). I'm not a Tesla fan, as I find most of their bells and whistles useless for daily use as a car and their QC incompetence goes beyond my (rather low) tolerance. I appreciate them as an electric mobility concept, though.

One of my biggest gripes about tech YouTubers reviewing cars is their almost exclusive focus on their tech and gimmicks while ignoring the actual characteristics of the car as a vehicle (that's actually my biggest gripe about MKBHD's car videos, but I digress). I have positively appreciated the fact that the "huge screen" in the middle was not the centerpiece of the review and that some criticism was provided. It's the first time that I hear from a Tesla review that the automatic wipers are unreliable and that the wiper speed is controlled through the touchscreen, which is, undoubtedly, the most idiotic thing I have ever witnessed from a driver ergonomics perspective, so kudos for pointing that out.

I know your reviews are often kind of "freestyle" and sometimes you gloss over spec sheet information of the products to focus on your experience, but providing some information about range or practicality would be useful to paint a fuller picture about the car at hand, especially if you pretend to make "Linus Car Tips" a more recurring thing rather than just a one-off video. The purchasing experience was very interesting, but I guess that's not sustainable long term as you cannot buy every car you want to test.

I also liked the additional information provided by Alex, but I feel that his segment was cut a bit short, a more extensive "classical car guy" point of view might prove beneficial, as your usual tech viewer audience might not be acquainted with common car concepts like steering feel, chassis tuning or other characteristics (for that matter, the comparisons with Apple and their similar "distortion" effect were useful for your tech viewer audience). At the end, all cars are supposed to be driven (or be driven in) and people should have a clear picture about it at the end of the review. When I drive my car, I increasingly find that I barely use the infotainment as I just want to get to point B and the climate control and radio are already setup the way I like. Perhaps Jake can also be an interesting fit, as he is a BMW M driver (with driving gloves!) so some counterarguments by him could be interesting.

Finally, some additional decisions should be made on your review structure concerning how "standard" you want them to be, for example including some insight about their competition (which was largely absent in this video) and also going more in detail about the interior space as a livable place beyond the infotainment, like seat comfort, rear seat space, driving position, visibility, other comfort/driving features, etc. The comments about the lane keep assist and the full self-driving fiasco were very insightful, though.

If you read this comment, a small notice that it has been read (or even a short answer!) would be greatly appreciated to show to myself that I didn't waste my time right as 2021 starts.

PS: As far as I'm aware, the current Audi Q5 has already replaced the rotary controlled with a touchscreen, so I don't know about your particular dealership experience, unless you were shopping for a used Q5. Also, the segment with the lower touchscreen input does not correspond with a Q5, but with a Q7 or A6/7/8, as the mid-size models do not have a second touchscreen. Anyways, many "driver-focused" people tend to dislike touchscreens in cars for the lack of feedback while driving and prefer an indirect input method with eyes-free tactility, like the rotary controls. Actually, the touch sensitive rotary wheels of Audi were lauded for providing a good text input mechanism over using a very slow rotary keyboard, but I guess they’re not in vogue anymore.

I'll stick to The Grand Tour thanks.

12 hours ago, poochyena said:

Well, its because electric cars aren't that far off from other electronics they review. Electric cars are basically just bigger. They all use lithium battery to store electricity to run, and are charged with a cable. The way a phone works isn't too fundamentally different than how a car works. Gas cars require radically different knowledge.

That's like saying Volvo A60H is basically the same as Porsche 911. They both have wheels made of rubber and a steering wheel. Except that Volvo might have more power than most Porsches... And it's not even a car...

Everyone raving about electric cars like they are our saving grace. They aren't. It's even highly questionable if they are even any more ecological than petrol cars when observed on a large scale, from their manufacturing to use and later disposal and not just as individual unit solely from perspective of an user. And even there the feel good of zero emission is a moot point if power comes from a gas or a coal power plant, better delivery efficiency or not. Which often does.

Sure petrol obtained from oil has environmental impact, but everyone really only cares when a supertanker sinks. Where for materials used for batteries and electric motors (which use fuck ton of copper), no one really cares what is going on in the mines digging these metals somewhere in China or Africa most of the time. In all honesty I think people who say they use electric cars to be environmentally friendly are bunch of pretentious fools. I do not blame people who say "electric torq goes bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and they like all the gadgetry that you don't see in petrol cars tho.

Also no, I think car reviewers are more competent reviewing cars regardless of power source than computer reviewers because they are much more focused on what the role of the car as a device is and they also care about other aspects like car weight, how EV's eat tires most of the time, how eco tires bundled with EV's are absolute trash because they go all out on low rolling resistance and not grip or down to things like availability of service networks. Tesla has none in my country, all the established brand shave them around every corner and they can service the EV. Things like this matter, because closest Tesla service center for me would be in a neighboring country of Austria. Imagine having to take a car for service 350 kilometers away... Literally all "tech" enthusiasts who don't review cars focus on two things. Software and electric motor torque. I'm a tech enthusiast, but I wouldn't want Tesla for various reasons, starting with moronic touch screen and all the controls on it whether you like it or not. It's why I'd prefer Hyundai Ioniq EV over it just because it's more "a car" than it is "a gadget". It has all the common and convenient PHYSICAL controls in the right places. Cars that force you to use wiper settings, AC controls and stuff like that from a touch screen offset far from the view on the road with zero tactile feel should not even be allowed on the road. We've massively improved safety by moving car stereo controls to the steering wheel just to fuck it up moving 5 other even more important features in a highly distracting position. Maybe big touch screen will make sense when cars will actually drive by themselves. But we're still very far from that.

I watched Linus "reviewing" it because I watch LTT stuff and because I also tinker with cars a lot. But it didn't really give me any really useful insight on the car. In fact for cars it's highly recommended that if you're interested in one, that you watch a reliable reviewer from your own country. Because equipment levels can be dramatically different between regions or countries, there may be restrictions imposed on features especially with all these "Auto Pilot" features to things like availability of charge points, methods of using them and availability of service centers. Basically no reviewer touches these things or goes to say how utterly moronic charging is and how you have to depend on a smartphone and stupid charging subscription models. And one may say uh oh you're tech enthusiast, which is why you got an EV. But if you're trying to make EV's more appealing to masses, the whole experience should be more similar to regular petrol stations and not these weird ass overly complicated charge points. You don't have to be 80 years old to be confused by all this. People in their 50's right now can now afford cars like this and I very much doubt any of them is really versed in gadgetry handling.

Bottom line, tech reviewers reviewing cars is like watching a chick flick movie. It can be fun, but ultimately you won't really learn much from it.

Hate the title... you DIDNT buy a Tesla.. your IN-LAWS did... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I like that you diversify from PC, so you have more content. They review was nice.

Things I like:

Linus had the average people opinion, so it's more useful to me

He mentioned all the problems

He talked about fanboyism and how it hurts consumers

Things I didn't like:

The video started on an awesome clip of the car, on a fast pace filled with motion and photography of cars, nature and the house.

Even thou I really enjoyed that camera and edit took it to the next level, the video soon became a 2D version of Linus talking.

So on video, you better decide if you want to be "top gear" or a tech reviewer. I think that now there is no uniformity on it as a whole.

Good job guys, looking forward for more videos

the good thing about gas powered engines, is the convenience of filling up the tank in under 2 minutes. or if you get stranded you can get gas. something you cant do with an electric car. also if a apocalypses or a mad max situation arises, gas powered engines are gonna be better since they are easier to repair and fill up and go. at this point electric cars are specific use vehicles. also electric is only fast from zero to 100 mph, in daily everyday driving, when your on the highway going 90 mph and you see blue lights in your rear view, you should be able to shift to 4th and floor the throttle. just kidding dont do that

4 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Hate the title... you DIDNT buy a Tesla.. your IN-LAWS did... 

Incorrect, Linus in fact bought the Tesla, for his in-laws.

14 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Also 

Thanks, I wasn't sure what video he said it in, the video I shared is the one floating around the comments section of YouTube.

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

That's like saying Volvo A60H is basically the same as Porsche 911. They both have wheels made of rubber and a steering wheel. Except that Volvo might have more power than most Porsches... And it's not even a car...

I didn't say basically the same. I said "basically just bigger.", which is true for your example too. They work fundamentally the same, but on different scales. How has and electric cars operate are fundamentally different, but the way any electronic device that runs on batteries, isn't. An old gas car doesn't have updates to download, a giant touchscreen, an OS, cameras, etc, but new cars, and especially new electric cars, do have all of that. There are loads of things for Linus to talk about that is relevant to other things he talks about on his channel about electric cars without even having to test drive one. That isn't true for old gas powered cars.

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

In all honesty I think people who say they use electric cars to be environmentally friendly are bunch of pretentious fools.

but why? They objectively are better than gas cars.

1 minute ago, Sakuriru said:

Burning the fuel at the source (the vehicle itself) is simply a more efficient process since it involves a single energy conversion.

This is just wrong on many levels. Electricity from the grid, even if most is from fossil fuel, is more efficient than gasoline. Energy production is just much more efficient from a coal plant than a gas vehicle. A gas engine is only around ~30% efficient, while an electric car is 90%+. "single energy conversion." is just ridiculous. How do you think cars get gas in them? Magic? There is an energy conversion in taking your car to a gas station to get gas, trucks delivering gas to the stations, and in some cases, ships moving oil.

39 minutes ago, poochyena said:

This is just wrong on many levels. Electricity from the grid, even if most is from fossil fuel, is more efficient than gasoline. Energy production is just much more efficient from a coal plant than a gas vehicle. A gas engine is only around ~30% efficient, while an electric car is 90%+. "single energy conversion." is just ridiculous. How do you think cars get gas in them? Magic? There is an energy conversion in taking your car to a gas station to get gas, trucks delivering gas to the stations, and in some cases, ships moving oil.

Saying power grid is a single energy conversion just shows you don't really know anything. Energy conversion at power plant. Energy loses on power lines. Energy conversion at transformer stations, energy conversion at the charging unit, energy conversion inside the battery, energy conversion when powering the EV motor. Sure they are small loses, but when you sum them up through entire power grid, the loses are there.

Also everyone, and I mean EVERYONE just entirely dismisses COLD. Guess what, not everyone lives in a nice temperate climates where you need to mildly cool battery at fast charging or fast discharging. We also have cold elsewhere. And with cold, motor efficiency doesn't change. But you basically lose 50% of battery efficiency. You stored 100% of energy in it when you were charging it and suddenly you can only use some 50% of that energy. That doesn't sound like it's very efficient when you draw a line and sum things up. But everyone just endlessly harping about motor efficiency. Almost like they are intentionally deceiving themselves or something.

Petrol on the other hand, petrol actually has one of the highest energy densities known to man. Despite all the massive loses, 50 liters of petrol still gets you some 550-600 kilometers (I'm basing that on modern 4 cylinder N/A petrol engine). And in cold climates, the loses provide "free" heating. Meaning range doesn't change with temperature. Also look at it from this perspective, 50 liters for 550-600 kilometers. You require 10x the mass in battery to barely get to that kind of range. Imagine petrol cars having 500 kilograms worth in petrol to make equivalent of 500 kilograms of batteries in EV's. You'd have range of like 5000 kilometers with one tank. Literally everyone just entirely dismiss these aspects of petrol engines and keep on harping how miraculous EV's are.

I'm not dismissing EV's neither lying to myself about ICE efficiency. What I am saying is just presenting the petrol engines from other, different perspective almost everyone just ignores. Only one that ever touched on this subject was Jason from Engineering Explained. And he's not even a car reviewer, although he does explain cars tech in very detailed ways, be it ICE or EV.

20 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Also 

looks like a top gear intro

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

45 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Saying power grid is a single energy conversion just shows you don't really know anything.

well, luckily I never said that.

47 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Literally everyone just entirely dismiss these aspects of petrol engines and keep on harping how miraculous EV's are.

Its only dismissed in discussions of environmentally friendliness, and thats because it has no relevance. I'm actually not sure why you are even ranting about this. No one is making a claim that electric cars are better in every single possible way than gas cars.

12 minutes ago, poochyena said:

well, luckily I never said that.

Its only dismissed in discussions of environmentally friendliness, and thats because it has no relevance. I'm actually not sure why you are even ranting about this. No one is making a claim that electric cars are better in every single possible way than gas cars.

Which wasn't an argument on your comment, but a general response to people like the guy you quoted.

Tyler's request to see Linus on a horse has finally come to pass!

I would say this was the highest quality video on the channel if only the audio was better. My guess is that the audio had something to do with being out side but it was still a great video.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

25 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

I would say this was the highest quality video on the channel if only the audio was better. My guess is that the audio had something to do with being out side but it was still a great video.

We're going to have an audio fix soon.  Turns out it was a bug in Premier where the wrong audio track was being played, so big TY to Adobe.

I loved watching Linus poke the Teleprompter control in his pocket. :D

Tesla: They're great. I don't want one. I won't ever want one.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I think it's so funny Linus doesn't understand the Model Y. Oh well, he is getting pretty old... ;)