Why I Bought a Tesla - Tesla Model Y Review

AlexTheGreatish
15 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We're going to have an audio fix soon.  Turns out it was a bug in Premier where the wrong audio track was being played, so big TY to Adobe.

I have heard of that bug before Adobe got a get on it. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

this is such a tesla chill you guys, I mean it doesn't even come with a tesla weapon?!

Call Mr. Boomtastic for some SHOCKING results.

actually please don't.

Also does it come with a subscription of 50 dollars per 100 miles?

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

it's going to be less efficient than if that same energy was directly converted to mechanical energy in your car itself

do... do you think coal factories produce electricity to homes by burning gasoline? The energy a fossil fuel plant burns to create energy isn't the "same energy" a car uses...

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make with this, since it's also true of coal and petroleum based power plants.

That is the point, it's also true of coal and petroleum based power plants. fossil fuel transportation isn't free energy.

20 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Turns out it was a bug in Premier where the wrong audio track was being played

sometimes that happens sucks but can be fixed at least

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 12/31/2020 at 11:02 AM, Senzelian said:

So how does the text input work on a Tesla?

You use the distracted driving inducing touchscreen. 😎

On 1/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, poochyena said:

They objectively are better than gas cars.

Not quite - short term, yes, however, nobody talks about the long-term cost of battery cell refurbishing or recycling because most EV manufacturers pass the responsibility and cost that comes with depleted batteries after 8-10 years of average/regular use  on to the end-user. To be clear, EVs themselves are better for the environment, but the monetary and environmental cost of manufacturing and recycling their components is far greater than a traditional petrol- or diesel-powered vehicle at this time. If countries want to hit their emissions targets in the next 20-30 years, this has to change.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

You use the distracted driving inducing touchscreen. 😎

Not quite - short term, yes, however, nobody talks about the long-term cost of battery cell refurbishing or recycling because most EV manufacturers pass the responsibility and cost that comes with depleted batteries after 8-10 years of average/regular use  on to the end-user. To be clear, EVs themselves are better for the environment, but the monetary and environmental cost of manufacturing and recycling their components is far greater than a traditional petrol- or diesel-powered vehicle at this time. If countries want to hit their emissions targets in the next 20-30 years, this has to change.

Tesla specifically has their own battery recycling program, they're actively recycling at the Sparks NV gigafactory. Elon has repeatedly said it's a lot cheaper recycling than mining.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:51 PM, akio123008 said:

Every time I see a tech channel like LTT or something similar review a tesla or whatever new electric car, it's just sort of wrong. Channels that never did anything car related, and never gave a crap about any car whatsoever, are suddenly into cars now that they're electric. Imagine Jeremy Clarkson reviewing a Threadripper CPU, it'd just be not quite right. (but still rather entertaining to watch I expect haha)

I did like the video though, it was very well produced and contained some interesting information.

It's because Tesla isn't a car that's electric. It's a computer and a cloud and AI that has a motor and moves people. Big difference.

11 hours ago, poochyena said:

what do you mean by try it?

1) click on the link

2) read the information

3) sit back and relax ;)

Did I hear correctly, when Linus said at the end of the video, that due to shitty advice from Tesla Sales reps, he was missing out on deductions (tax credit) for up to 15k CAD, due to him being the buyer, and not the in-laws?

I would be livid, if that happened to me - It boggles my mind, that it isn't in the standard sales pitch from Tesla.

Beautiful subtle tribute for Tyler - Probably in his spirit too, as he seemed to be a lot like me (Huuuuge introvert)

4 minutes ago, CrixD said:

Did I hear correctly, when Linus said at the end of the video, that due to shitty advice from Tesla Sales reps, he was missing out on deductions (tax credit) for up to 15k CAD, due to him being the buyer, and not the in-laws?

I would be livid, if that happened to me - It boggles my mind, that it isn't in the standard sales pitch from Tesla.

Beautiful subtle tribute for Tyler - Probably in his spirit too, as he seemed to be a lot like me (Huuuuge introvert)

Basically. The kicker is that Tesla's website hammers the tax credit point home -- the configuration tool lets you factor in credits and other expected savings into the amount you'll ultimately pay.

8 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Basically. The kicker is that Tesla's website hammers the tax credit point home -- the configuration tool lets you factor in credits and other expected savings into the amount you'll ultimately pay.

Yeah, I noticed that the website does this, but what about the showrooms? (I know you order the car on the website there too) 

I know that in Denmark they tell you about this, but it would seem odd that Linus or Yvonne for that matter would miss this, unless the showroom glossed over completely.

But then again, I do not know the constellation they used in regards to buy the car and let the in-laws use it - In Denmark the only way, without getting a hefty tax fine would be to buy the car, and then lease it to the parents (which would be taxable too), because if you straight up paid for the car and gave it to the in-laws, then you would only be able to deduct some of the total sum (around 14.5K CAD), and then pay 15% in taxes of the rest of the amount.

• 5 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 9:55 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

When my in-laws needed a car, they chose the Tesla Model Y, but Y? (I'm sorry). Let us know what you guys want to see in future car reviews/content!

Do you guys have a Tesla referral code? im looking into a Model Y and should be getting it in a month

7 hours ago, Pkhoshi said:

Do you guys have a Tesla referral code? im looking into a Model Y and should be getting it in a month

Just see if you are getting what is mentioned, as there was stated that some models are going to get other safety features or rather a lack of safety features due to lack of production of the chip market. As in no radar or less radar with more cameras instead, which is not as good.

• 7 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, CrixD said:

Did they remove that part of the video?

The captions still say

And also, I'd like to

thank the staff at Tesla

for not telling me about

the personal tax credit,

when we were trying to figure out

whether to buy under our retiree

parents' names or our own.

I could have saved a cool

$15,000 there, but didn't.

but I'm not sure if it's an issue with a browser addon or whether they actually cut it out.

If so, how did they do it without re-uploading?

Did Linus mention anything on WAN Show?