Female PC Builders

@WereCatf

While being in the "not PC building but still tech recommendation", a good channel is Hak5, it's NOT female only, but Shannon is the main host and it's about security and is very informative if you're into this ;

https://www.youtube.com/c/hak5/

Then there's Shannon's how channel about tech in general ;

https://www.youtube.com/c/ShannonMorse/

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

33 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

Does anyone know of any female-oriented channels that are active and genuinely passionate about PCs and tech?

Not really now that you mention it. It could be a market niche just like with twitch female streamers. Female streamers grew very fast the last years.

Came across her channel (well, it's not just her channel but she's the host in most of their videos) recently while I was looking up reviews of the NR200:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TechTesters

Seems to be mostly centered around PC hardware, though I also haven't looked into their channel a whole lot.

I've also watched Erica Griffin's videos from time to time for several years know. She tends to focus more on mobile stuff though, primarily smartphones:

https://www.youtube.com/c/EricaGriffin

These two just happened to come to mind now, but there's definitely many more out there.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Wow, that's quite rude of you!! I'ma hafta report you!

<-- IRL reaction

I meant the fact that people stop themselves from doing something they like because of basement trolls !!! (I know you understood, still wanted to make it clear since /r/woosh is a thing ... :( ).

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

@WereCatf

While being in the "not PC building but still tech recommendation", a good channel is Hak5, it's NOT female only, but Shannon is the main host and it's about security and is very informative if you're into this ;

https://www.youtube.com/c/hak5/

Then there's Shannon's how channel about tech in general ;

https://www.youtube.com/c/ShannonMorse/

The channel itself seems really interesting, Thank you ^-^

3 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

It's typically used by trans and non-binary folk who are biologically female, but choose to identify as something else, so I'd say it's not completely redundant. 

I'm not saying it's redundant, it's just that there are already a lot of terms for the same thing. I'm used to people typically using the word "queer" or "gender-queer." Anyways, I, personally, don't mind; I learned one more term to keep in mind and that's enough for me. Besides which, the discussion of such terms would kind of be rather off-topic, so I don't wish to derail the thread with this.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I'm not saying it's redundant, it's just that there are already a lot of terms for the same thing. I'm used to people typically using the word "queer" or "gender-queer." Anyways, I, personally, don't mind; I learned one more term to keep in mind and that's enough for me. Besides which, the discussion of such terms would kind of be rather off-topic, so I don't wish to derail the thread with this.

And that's a proper open-minded person for ya ^-^

But yes even though it is always a good topic to get out in the air, lets keep it tech-related ;3

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I think most males don't know that females on public platforms like YT, Twitter, Insta, TikTok, etc... are getting harassed on the daily. Never understood that type of mentality (the harassment part, not the "ingnorant of the situation" part).

Doesn't everyone knew that?

It's a result of a belief that was deeply integrated into society that man should rule and women should look good.

I traced it back to the days of Roman Empire,It was decided by the romans that women should invest time on their looks,and that's in addition to the roman patriarchy.

The romans conquered most of Europe,North Africa and some of the middle east - It directly affected their subjects and continued in any land that was influenced by the romans.

Most of the Britannia was under Roman rule,the entire Iberian Penisula was under Roman rule in addition to the area of current day France.

So the British,French,Spanish and Portuguese were heavily influenced by the romans - the same nations that conquered America and spread their influence within Europe as superpowers.

After more than 2000 years i suspect it will be extremely difficult to change.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

12 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

typo ? (officeive)

Also, I think it's because there's no real consequences to those actions. Just like regular trolls, they get banned, then are like "who fuckin cares, I can make more accounts !!!" ... also, if you get harassed online, even badly, the cops don't give a shit about it. People should be held accountable for this, but it barely never happens.

yeah typo

as you might know or not know im living in a society that harassment is very common and the problem is people dont care about it

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Doesn't everyone knew that?

It's a result of a belief that was deeply integrated into society that man should rule and women should look good.

I traced it back to the days of Roman Empire,It was decided by the romans that women should invest time on their looks,and that's in addition to the roman patriarchy.

The romans conquered most of Europe,North Africa and some of the middle east - It directly affected their subjects and continued in any land that was influenced by the romans.

Most of the Britannia was under Roman rule,the entire Iberian Penisula was under Roman rule in addition to the area of current day France.

So the British,French,Spanish and Portuguese were heavily influenced by the romans - the same nations that conquered America and spread their influence within Europe as superpowers.

After more than 2000 years i suspect it will be extremely difficult to change.

Social norms and boundaries will 100% always linger no matter how long ago they were set in place.

I guess its due to humans being creatures of habit, but it would be nice to speed up the process of abolishing gender norms and such.

We know there are many women who can build houses and provide solely for themselves and their families, so why cant we accept a female that's good with computers?

Would be an amazing and unified world if we just accepted people for who they are and not what society expects them to be.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

3 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

And that's a proper open-minded person for ya ^-^

But yes even though it is always a good topic to get out in the air, lets keep it tech-related ;3

We do have a thread for that actually :P

https://linustechtips.com/topic/337898-lgbt-community

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

*snip*

I don't really think it's related to that, if it was, most Asian countries wouldn't have those influences, but I know for a fact that China is just the same, and isn't much better IRL :( 

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I don't really think it's related to that, if it was, most Asian countries wouldn't have those influences, but I know for a fact that China is just the same, and isn't much better IRL :( 

Thank you for sharing the thread :3 we love that Linus has a place for the LGBT community on his site ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

The Roman Empire had a lot of influence on other nations as well,they were a role model to the world and that is true for the Europeans as well - especially in the last 200 years.

So i think that behavior was spread by the Europeans in China,especially with the influence of internationalism that came after the industrial revolution.

There was also a lot of influence from the Soviet Union in China.

You can also see that influence from the change in the clothes they were wearing.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

2 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

Thank you for sharing the thread :3 we love that Linus has a place for the LGBT community on his site ❤️ 

Just realized you're new here ... so welcome to the forum, we have a few guides for new users ;

https://linustechtips.com/topic/730634-welcome-to-the-forums-here-is-a-quick-guide-to-get-started/

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1242893-a-guide-to-the-ltt-forums/

If you see anything offensive, or stuff that could be against the Community Standards, simply report it and let us (the mods) deal with it, replying will often make things worse. If you have any questions about the rules of the forum, don't hesitate to ask me or any other moderators. 

I'll mention one more channel that's at least adjacent to the topic: Socratica on Youtube. There's a lot of videos on topics like maths, programming, geometry, biology, astronomy etc. and apparently there's at least three different women (and one guy?) making the content.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

42 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

No I think he's absolutely right. Unless a female was endorsed by bigger channels I doubt they'd make it on youtube tbh.

*Glares at this comment in April Wilkerson* Did she get where she is purely on her own? Hah! No. Did she get where she is because people *wanted* to work with her based on her own merits and deeds? Hell yes. Granted, it's woodworking and not tech, but go search for female woodworkers. There are about as many as there are female tech reviewers.

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Just realized you're new here ... so welcome to the forum, we have a few guides for new users ;

https://linustechtips.com/topic/730634-welcome-to-the-forums-here-is-a-quick-guide-to-get-started/

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1242893-a-guide-to-the-ltt-forums/

If you see anything offensive, or stuff that could be against the Community Standards, simply report it and let us (the mods) deal with it, replying will often make things worse. If you have any questions about the rules of the forum, don't hesitate to ask me or any other moderators. 

Thank you! ^-^ ❤️

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

I'm ugly, unpleasant and not "girly" enough, so I haven't really been subjected to such myself, but I've had a few friends and acquaintances in the past who deliberately avoided telling anyone their gender online in WoW or Youtube or whatever because they were pretty and girly; that's a combination that literally every time draws out the worst kind of men. One of them did express their wish to start making Youtube-videos as well, but never did, because they weren't the kind of person who could weather the harassment and were already dealing with depression.

I've never understood the "male ego" in video gaming. My fiancee fought that day in and day out on Overwatch for like 2 years. Changed her username from her name to something else, still "kinda showed her gender" through username, but the toxicity got cut down like 75% easily. Unless she uses VC. Then it's back to old levels of toxicity.

One of the OWL teams("pro" Overwatch) had a female under contract for 1 year. The fan base for both her team and others were just so toxic she didn't renew after 2020. 

Mod Gee(Female Jmod, which means she works for Jagex) fights this a lot too.

Meanwhile, I tell people off for being rude to my fiancee(she's super passive) and I get called a SIMP. No it's called basic human decency. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Came across her channel (well, it's not just her channel but she's the host in most of their videos) recently while I was looking up reviews of the NR200:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TechTesters

Seems to be mostly centered around PC hardware, though I also haven't looked into their channel a whole lot.

Unfortunately,I looked into the channel...

It very clear that she has no clue about what she is talking about,reading exclusively from script and tech specs from marketing materials.

I stopped watching because they are useless.

I think there is a level of maturation that needs to happen for men before women are accepted in the right light.. as a lot is mostly sexual.

But women try to sell their assets on screen rather than do anything towards the hobby they are catering to, so they end up being bad to watch.. TastyPC is terrible for instance.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

29 minutes ago, Wheresmehammer said:

I think there is a level of maturation that needs to happen for men before women are accepted in the right light.. as a lot is mostly sexual.

But women try to sell their assets on screen rather than do anything towards the hobby they are catering to, so they end up being bad to watch.. TastyPC is terrible for instance.

Most "Men" are good at self control through aging. 

But must learn at a young age.

I only like to watch non bias opinions on tech or PC channels. 

Facts. IDC who the reviewer is, male or female or their ethnicity. 

So IF a female can create good content with more facts and less opinions, I'll be there to watch that.

I think a lot of it, is interest that a girl or women would be interested in a tech hobby. 

It's very obvious women are the minority figure, but no need to treat as such. 

On 11/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lunavore said:

Does anyone know of any female-oriented channels that are active and genuinely passionate about PCs and tech?

I found this person after watching a ton of hak5. (pls I am just trying to figure out bypasses to make life interesting)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNofX8wmSJh7NTklvMqueOA

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang