Female PC Builders

Just now, TVwazhere said:

A Co worker of Paul's Hardware Back in the day of Newegg. She's gotten way less active recently and switched to streaming

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoanneTechLover

Ohh i almost forgot about her!

Nice!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Correction: she. I typically can't be arsed to correct people on that, because it doesn't matter wrt. anything I do or say around here, but oh well. I suppose it's relevant in this thread.

that is on men

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

17 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

Hey everyone!

I've been an avid watcher of build videos and various other channels like Linus' for ages now, but I've never come across any females that make similar content.

Does anyone know of any female-oriented channels that are active and genuinely passionate about PCs and tech?

Any suggestions are welcomed, of course! 

Thank you ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/user/NoisyButters

I enjoy some of her content. She is crazy about animals, loves gaming and pcs, and does vlogs. You might like her.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

...I see. Yet another acronym for the same thing.

I just use afab because I identify as non-binary, its often used by non-binary people along with assigned male at birth, it can be confusing sorry lol.

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

1 minute ago, Lunavore said:

Fair point, I assumed keeping the topic in General would avoid that?

it seems its ok to discuss it here 

1 minute ago, Devilish said:

I just use afab because I identify as non-binary, its often used by non-binary people along with assigned male at birth, it can be confusing sorry lol.

Its cool there's no need to explain yourself ^-^ full support all around, here

3 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

Hey everyone!

I've been an avid watcher of build videos and various other channels like Linus' for ages now, but I've never come across any females that make similar content.

Does anyone know of any female-oriented channels that are active and genuinely passionate about PCs and tech?

Any suggestions are welcomed, of course! 

Thank you ^-^

Women tend to get chased off youtube by aggressive comment trolls. You may have better luck finding women on Twitch who genuinely don't give a care about comment trolls since they do things live and don't have time to read the petty comments.

The only one that immediately comes to mind is Adafruit

However keep in mind that there are women on Youtube who are passionate about tech, but they aren't nearly so nerdcore about it like LTT.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I think most males don't know that females on public platforms like YT, Twitter, Insta, TikTok, etc... are getting harassed on the daily. Never understood that type of mentality.

I'm ugly, unpleasant and not "girly" enough, so I haven't really been subjected to such myself, but I've had a few friends and acquaintances in the past who deliberately avoided telling anyone their gender online in WoW or Youtube or whatever because they were pretty and girly; that's a combination that literally every time draws out the worst kind of men. One of them did express their wish to start making Youtube-videos as well, but never did, because they weren't the kind of person who could weather the harassment and were already dealing with depression.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I think most males don't know that females on public platforms like YT, Twitter, Insta, TikTok, etc... are getting harassed on the daily. Never understood that type of mentality (the harassment part, not the "ingnorant of the situation" part).

Absolutely, I guess its just better to enjoy your hobby on the DL rather than getting judged constantly for doing what you love ;-;

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Women tend to get chased off youtube by aggressive comment trolls. You may have better luck finding women on Twitch who genuinely don't give a care about comment trolls since they do things live and don't have time to read the petty comments.

The only one that immediately comes to mind is Adafruit

However keep in mind that there are women on Youtube who are passionate about tech, but they aren't nearly so nerdcore about it like LTT.

Thank you!

If you have any twitch recommendations, I'd love to check some out

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

well there are two main reason that harassment is a thing 

first: men that act officeive

second: women that dont bother to fight it 

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

That's where I mentioned there is a bigger female draw in Tech Review style channels.

I guess its because everyone owns a phone? Females seem to be accepted easily in that department, but I still haven't seen a girl tearing down a pc or actually building one, its usually all just reviews or pre-builds and such

3 minutes ago, mahyar said:

Who wants to put up with harassment? No matter the gender identity? lmao

1 minute ago, Lunavore said:

That's where I mentioned there is a bigger female draw in Tech Review style channels.

I guess its because everyone owns a phone? Females seem to be accepted easily in that department, but I still haven't seen a girl tearing down a pc or actually building one, its usually all just reviews or pre-builds and such

I mean I don't really watch any PC building YouTubers and, with all due respect, I couldn't give a shit about the gender of whoever is starring in the video. I just genuinely enjoy Lisa's videos and find them fun to watch.

Yeah, it's not exactly PC building, but she knows her shit when it comes to laptops. Her and Notebookcheck are my go-to sources for laptop reviews.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I'm ugly, unpleasant and not "girly" enough, so I haven't really been subjected to such myself, but I've had a few friends and acquaintances in the past who deliberately avoided telling anyone their gender online in WoW or Youtube or whatever because they were pretty and girly; that's a combination that literally every time draws out the worst kind of men. One of them did express their wish to start making Youtube-videos as well, but never did, because they weren't the kind of person who could weather the harassment and were already dealing with depression.

4 minutes ago, Lunavore said:

Absolutely, I guess its just better to enjoy your hobby on the DL rather than getting judged constantly for doing what you love ;-;

That's honestly disgusting to see ... :(

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

typo ? (officeive)

Also, I think it's because there's no real consequences to those actions. Just like regular trolls, they get banned, then are like "who fuckin cares, I can make more accounts !!!" ... also, if you get harassed online, even badly, the cops don't give a shit about it. People should be held accountable for this, but it barely never happens.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Not entirely on the topic, but still adjacent enough that I feel she's worth mentioning: Fran Blanche has a Youtube-channel where she explores all sorts of old electronics. It's sometimes quite amazing what sorts of clever tricks engineers of old came up with to coax mostly-analog electronics to do what they wanted, and Fran's channel is definitely one I'd recommend for anyone into old, non-PC electronics.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

...I see. Yet another acronym for the same thing.

It's typically used by trans and non-binary folk who are biologically female, but choose to identify as something else, so I'd say it's not completely redundant. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, Lunavore said:

Who wants to put up with harassment? No matter the gender identity? lmao

well it is relevant to topic you know t

he actual reason that there are few women in youtube pc building community is harassment

my sister wanted to start such a youtube channel but was afraid of such reactions despite my effort to convince her to ignore those people she gave up 

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

typo ? (officeive)

Also, I think it's because there's no real consequences to those actions. Just like regular trolls, they get banned, then are like "who fuckin cares, I can make more accounts !!!" ... also, if you get harassed online, even badly, the cops don't give a shit about it. People should be held accountable for this, but it barely never happens.

Yeah, I wish there wasn't so much oppression within the entire tech community.

It would be really nice to see all the genius ladies come out of the woodwork, I know they're out there!

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Not entirely on the topic, but still adjacent enough that I feel she's worth mentioning: Fran Blanche has a Youtube-channel where she explores all sorts of old electronics. It's sometimes quite amazing what sorts of clever tricks engineers of old came up with to coax mostly-analog electronics to do what they wanted, and Fran's channel is definitely one I'd recommend for anyone into old, non-PC electronics.

Ill check her out! I love retro tech ^-^

11 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I'm ugly, unpleasant and not "girly"

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Wow, that's quite rude of you!! I'ma hafta report you!