Former President Of Samsung Electronics Death

LstpersonalOF

Seoul - The Samsung Group, the largest business conglomerated in South Korea, announced today the death at the age of 78 of its former president, Lee Kun-hee, the richest man in South Korea who had been admitted to a Seoul hospital since 2014 because of heart attack that left him incapacitated.

Lee Kun-hee, the third son of Samsung founder Lee Byung-chul, was South Korea's largest fortune with a net worth of more than $ 20 billion, according to Forbes, and was the man who turned the conglomerate into a multinational entity. with tech giant Samsung Electronics at the helm.

Summary

A Quick breafing Of The News Story Is That Former President Of Samsung Electronics Lee Kun-hee passed away Sunday October 25th Besides His Beloved Family And Vice President Of Samsung Electronics His Son.

373584509_SamsungPresident.PNG.b5e277ce7fce74b15b70708c766f60a7.PNG

Quotes

Lee's son, Lee Jae-yong, has been the company's leader since his father's heart attack in 2014. Asked whether the vice chairman would take his father's title as chairman, Samsung declined to comment.

"All of us at Samsung will cherish his memory and are grateful for the journey we shared with him," the company said.

My thoughts

Im Really Really Sorry For His Pasing Even If i Did not use many samsung products he is still a great CEO,built a awesome company who is one of the biggest in the tech industry and his passing has all of us in shock when we heard it We Give Condolences To The President's Family And Vice president Son Here From Our Home.

Sources

-https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/24/business/samsung-lee-kun-hee-intl-hnk/index.html

This Ones Are In Spanish But Can Be Translated To English 

-https://www.elnuevodia.com/tecnologia/otros/notas/fallece-el-presidente-de-samsung-lee-kun-hee-el-hombre-mas-rico-de-corea-del-sur/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1603591136

-https://www.wapa.tv/noticias/tecnologia/samsung-anuncia-la-muerte-de-su-presidente-lee-kun-hee_20131122490338.html

7 hours ago, Lesantir_12 said:

Seoul - The Samsung Group, the largest business conglomerated in South Korea, announced today the death at the age of 78 of its former president, Lee Kun-hee, the richest man in South Korea who had been admitted to a Seoul hospital since 2014 because of heart attack that left him incapacitated.

Please don't praise him. While he did grow Samsung to what it is now, he was also convicted twice on corruption and tax evasion charges, and only really got pardoned due to his influence and Samsung's (Korea pardoned him in 2009 so he could help secure the 2018 Winter Olympics, for example). He perpetuated a succession system at Samsung based on family rather than merit (his son has also faced corruption charges), and then there's the labour issues under his tenure.

If the people who balk at Apple but use Samsung products were internally consistent... well, they'd immediately smash their phone or TV and demand action. I wouldn't boycott Samsung myself, but it does make Apple look like a bastion of integrity.

Edited by LogicalDrm

18 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

After being dead for 6 years they finally admit to it. They must of got an inheritance tax exemption of some sort.

Well there’s being actually dead and effectively dead.  My dad did a couple weeks of being effectively dead before he finally died.  Modern medicine can do amazing stuff.  Makes a pretty good argument for being hit by a bus, really.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well there’s being actually dead and effectively dead.  My dad did a couple weeks of being effectively dead before he finally died.  Modern medicine can do amazing stuff.  Makes a pretty good argument for being hit by a bus, really.

Wanna know what works better than Modern medicine? $20 billion.

22 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I dunno about that.  20 billion will buy a lot of modern medicine though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I dunno about that.  20 billion will buy a lot of modern medicine though. 

how much medicine?

✨FNIGE✨

11 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

how much medicine?

Well a billion is a thousand million  and 6 years is 2190 days.  So if care cost half a million a day it would have cost maybe one of those billion. For numbers like this effectively negligable.

49 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well a billion is a thousand million  and 6 years is 2190 days.  So if care cost half a million a day it would have cost maybe one of those billion. For numbers like this effectively negligable.

Lets not forget that Samsung, for all intents and purposes, own Seoul pretty much outright. Much of the city is a giant Samsung factory and Samsung provide the jobs, local technology and funds to build such lavish buildings and all the high tech gadgetary. Quite honestly, any one of the Lee family probably gets almost anything they could ever want given to them for free by the SK Government despite being rich enough to buy anything their hearts desire.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

His billions didn´t help him in the end

Money can't buy everything. It can buy you the world's best healthcare, but that still doesn't guarantee a 100% survival chance. 

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

His billions didn´t help him in the end

Lets be honest, he was at age of 78. It's not a bad age considering there are many people who die before they are even legally adults. Or people who die in their 30's or 40's. That's too soon. At 78, it's slowly sort of expected.

This is gonna sound harsh but... who cares?

Thousands of people die every hour, worldwide. This is just one of them, who simply happened to be very rich. As @RejZoR pointed out in the post above me, he didn't even die young. It's a little younger than average in South Korea, but still a perfectly respectable age to live to.

This will have zero impact on Samsung, or on the tech industry as a whole. In the grand scheme of things, it's irrelevant.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

25 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

In the grand scheme of things, it's irrelevant.

It got people to click and read (maybe just the title of) a news article 😄.

3 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Thousands of people die every hour, worldwide. This is just one of them, who simply happened to be very rich. As @RejZoR pointed out in the post above me, he didn't even die young. It's a little younger than average in South Korea, but still a perfectly respectable age to live to.

This will have zero impact on Samsung, or on the tech industry as a whole. In the grand scheme of things, it's irrelevant.

There was some question about succession apparently, and points to possible different behavior of the company in the future.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:11 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

It's more so people can pay tribute to an iconic figure. It's like when any other celebrity or sports legend dies. People die all the time, why do we care about them? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

52 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's more so people can pay tribute to an iconic figure. It's like when any other celebrity or sports legend dies. People die all the time, why do we care about them? 

Personally, I don't.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, TrigrH said:

If I had to choose between having modern medicine and having 20 billion i would choose modern medicine any day of the week. Money is great but if you don't have the technology to save your own life and the lives of your loved ones then that money doesn't mean a whole lot. 

On 10/28/2020 at 3:59 AM, RejZoR said:

Lets be honest, he was at age of 78. It's not a bad age considering there are many people who die before they are even legally adults. Or people who die in their 30's or 40's. That's too soon. At 78, it's slowly sort of expected.

Yeah everyone dies at some point and living to almost 80 is definitely not bad imo. Have know quite a few people who died well before they reach that age. If I could make it to 78 I would be happy. 

10 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

It's almost like, in the end, it doesn't even matter.

I mean, if we look at it that way, does life even matter when it always inevitably ends "in the end"?

On 10/28/2020 at 2:47 AM, Deslumo said:

Money can't buy everything. It can buy you the world's best healthcare, but that still doesn't guarantee a 100% survival chance. 

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I mean, if we look at it that way, does life even matter when it always inevitably ends "in the end"?

I was only making an Evanescence joke/reference. 

4 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

I was only making an Evanescence joke/reference. 

nani i thought it was an linkin park reference @.@

12 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

nani i thought it was an linkin park reference @.@

Wait. Fuck me. It is. Holy shit how'd I do damn do that...