Can I get a gaming pc for £190?

I recently got £190 for my birthday and want a nice gaming pc. I have a mouse for my laptop but no keyboard or monitor or pc. If I could get a pc with this money then I could probably get the rest later. What do I do? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAST-Intel-Core-i5-Gaming-PC-Computer-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Windows-10-GT-710-2GB-WiFi-/254567321284?var= also i found this and would get the cheap version and upgrade the case myself but it seems scammy. Thanks.

your current laptop is probably faster and better for gaming than any pc you can buy for £190

looks like theyre pretending that an old optiplex is a blindingly fast gaming pc lol. your best bet is to find a local deal on someone's old computer and upgrade from there. optiplexes are usually worth 50-100 bucks and will support a variety of low profile gpus. something like a 1050/1650 would be great for that sorta thing. you won't be finding a prebuilt or anything with proper components for 200 quid

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

1 minute ago, noodlespinbot said:

I recently got £190 for my birthday and want a nice gaming pc. I have a mouse for my laptop but no keyboard or monitor or pc. If I could get a pc with this money then I could probably get the rest later. What do I do? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAST-Intel-Core-i5-Gaming-PC-Computer-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Windows-10-GT-710-2GB-WiFi-/254567321284?var= also i found this and would get the cheap version and upgrade the case myself but it seems scammy. Thanks.

That system is quite the scam. It uses a motherboard from China with a 10 year old Intel platform and a graphics card that barely runs Minecraft.

If you want to build a gaming PC for that budget, you're best off getting a 2nd hand Office machine and adding a graphics card.

Something like a Dell Optiplex 3020 or 7020 should be a good starting point.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

You totally can. But this build is a scam. It's some cheap crappy parts from an office machine made for word and powerpoint put in a flashy case with rgb.

Now for a gaming pc it is possible BUT I would advise you to save up at least 300 pounds for the system itself. That is where the best price/performance can be found. Monitor and keyboard will have to be gotten somewhere else.

For £190, you can get a gaming PC but you will have to partially build it yourself to get any kind of decent performance. The GT710 that has, it's going to be close to useless for gaming however, the i5 2400 will be alright . 

I'd personally recommend aiming something like a 2nd or 3rd gen i5 alongside a card around the performance of a RX470. You will need to hunt a little but you should be able to quite easily fit that into your budget. 

11 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

looks like theyre pretending that an old optiplex is a blindingly fast gaming pc lol. your best bet is to find a local deal on someone's old computer and upgrade from there. optiplexes are usually worth 50-100 bucks and will support a variety of low profile gpus. something like a 1050/1650 would be great for that sorta thing. you won't be finding a prebuilt or anything with proper components for 200 quid

Define proper components... 

A RX470 can be found for approximately £70 which leaves £120 for other components (this is more than the typical price range the 3rd gen i5 dell optiplex with 8gb of RAM falls into). Perfectly doable. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

A RX470 can be found for approximately £70 which leaves £100 for other components (falls right into the range of an 3rd gen i5 dell optiplex with 8gb of RAM). Perfectly doable. 

This right here. Used i5 (or i7 if you're lucky) Optiplex, 8GB of RAM, small SSD, and used 470/480/570/580.

But OP, if you don't need one right now, save your money.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

you can do a optiplex build or a athlon 3000g one

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

This right here. Used i5 (or i7 if you're lucky) Optiplex, 8GB of RAM, small SSD, and used 470/480/570/580.

But OP, if you don't need one right now, save your money.

Damn, didn't edit it fast enough 😆😆

Thought he had a £170 budget but its actually 190. Perfectly doable. In fact, you could probably quite easily squeeze a PSU upgrade in as well with 190 😆

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

17 minutes ago, Mr.Moustache said:

@noodlespinbot Lmao did u rlly believe that ebay link? You 12 or something, also DONT BE DUMB AND BUY FROM SCAM.

Wow let's go be rude about something i already knew and you are just making assumptions about something i've already denied. I already said i didn't believe it.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

A RX470 can be found for approximately £70 which leaves £120 for other components (this is more than the typical price range the 3rd gen i5 dell optiplex with 8gb of RAM falls into). Perfectly doable. 

thats what i was suggesting, although a card with no extra power connectors would be ideal to avoid a psu upgrade and the majority of optiplexes take strictly half height cards which limits you to 1050s and such, which are still fine cards. if op can find a cheap case locally, theyd be able to grab a bunch of old components from the haswell days for relatively cheap that would also allow for full sized components. perhaps not what most people have in mind when they think of a "nice gaming pc" but perfectly capable and good for the price

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Do the optiplex thing, those intel cpus are quite capable and you can get a cheap gpu and be done. 

Post before you buy tho (best in a new topic) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I would save up, why not wait and see what money you get for xmas and then put it together for a good Gaming PC

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

get a old dell and a decent gpu and you will be fine

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

16 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

so from what i'm learning, if i got something like this: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/693734521558231 and added better components that are still cheap i'd be fine?

Horrible deal, don't buy that. Was a shitty computer when new, is even worse now.

I'm not sure why you're still asking for advice when several people have told you to get a used Optiplex and used GPU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

so from what i'm learning, if i got something like this: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/693734521558231 and added better components that are still cheap i'd be fine?

Thats an even worse computer. Avoid any and all amd fx or amd a4,a6,a8 or a10 cpu's they are just bad.

THe igpu on that cpu is better than the gt710 lol

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Yes but no. 

Nah I'm joking. Of course you can but don't aspect to play modern warfare at 1080p 60 fps high settings.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

put in a flashy case with rgb.

Many people will fall for that because they think rgb increases speed and performance.