Amazon is Censoring bad reviews on 3090

Paul_Johnson

I have a list of websites that I periodically check for an available 3090 or 3080 every now and then. I know it'll probably be several months until I can get one thanks to scalpers. But actual customers of these cards have been fighting back so hard, leaving reviews that discourage folks from buying it because it's way over priced(on amazon anyway) that Amazon is now censoring bad reviews. I tried to write a review on a 3090 to warn people this is a scam, and now you can't leave reviews on these cards unless you've actually purchased one. So basically, scalpers, and those unfortunate enough to fall for them can be the only ones who can leave a review. 

Try to leave a review and you get this message: Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.

Thought ya'all might find this amusing. 

4 minutes ago, Paul_Johnson said:

Try to leave a review and you get this message: Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.

so they're not censoring bad reviews, they're censoring reviews from non-purchasers?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, gloop said:

Wow, kinda sounds like the purpose of a review. 

Yeah, but then they should do this for *all* products and reviews, not just a few select ones,  there are so many fake reviews on amazon it's not even funny ._.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Product reviews are for people to write experiences with the product.

Not for people to write about the business behind it (including scalpers and availability).

This doesn't sound like censorship, this sounds like Amazon is removing irrelevant stuff from their review section.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Paul_Johnson said:

I have a list of websites that I periodically check for an available 3090 or 3080 every now and then. I know it'll probably be several months until I can get one thanks to scalpers. But actual customers of these cards have been fighting back so hard, leaving reviews that discourage folks from buying it because it's way over priced(on amazon anyway) that Amazon is now censoring bad reviews. I tried to write a review on a 3090 to warn people this is a scam, and now you can't leave reviews on these cards unless you've actually purchased one. So basically, scalpers, and those unfortunate enough to fall for them can be the only ones who can leave a review. 

Thought ya'all might find this amusing. 

Most of the reviews on Amazon are fake anyway,

Only the critical reviews are legit,which are buried in 5 stars reviews.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah, but then they should do this for *all* products and reviews, not just a few select ones,  there are so many fake reviews on amazon it's not even funny ._.

that's exactly my point. 

But is there any point in leaving a one star review for a 3080 selling on Amazon for $2000? Can’t blame Amazon for removing these reviews.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

yeah, i'm starting to see the logic in all of this. I'm gonna go pull my foot out of my mouth now lol 🤣

Is there a way to report scalping on Amazon? I think ppl were leaving the reviews like this because there isn't like a "report" button or anything

I'm sorry but I actually think it's a good thing to remove reviews that aren't reviews.

I really hate any kind of review even on games that says nothing about the game but you know the company is doing this it shouldn't so don't buy a game, that's not a review, that's a way to abuse a system to prevent others from buying.

So if amazon removes reviews from people who haven't bought it, I see no issue with it.