Have you ever cleaned your pc?

pm128

They are cleaned regularly.

Custom loops drained, flushed, and cleaned every 6 months or so.

I clean it every 2 months or so because of my cat. Becomes very easy if you invest in an air compressor. 

4 minutes ago, pm128 said:

I have never cleaned cleaned mine, and I got it in 2018. What about you?

I clean my pc often because in my area its a lot of dust and also it takes me only 5 mins because mine is air-cooled

If you are custom water cooling clean it every two weeks. If you are on air with a good case and heatsink clean every three months. If on air with bad case but good heatsink clean every two months and if on stock heatsink and bad case clean every 1 month 

Dust cleaning every 3 weeks or sooner depending on buildup. Full disassembly every 12 months for my PCs and laptops. The one that has a liquid cooler inside get's a flush and new coolant every 3 months and hoses and o-rings get replaced every 12 months.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Do you also use your compressor to clean your cat ???

lol. that grumpy old man is really funny

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Do you also use your compressor to clean your cat ???

that's classified information

Currently maybe once a year. Means its dusty, but its also bit backward location with cables. I used to clean 2-4 times a year. For air cooled system and good overall cleanliness in room, there's no need to do monthly cleaning.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, codenexastudios said:

If you are custom water cooling clean it every two weeks.

🤔 That seems like a bit much. You don't mean draining the loop, right?

Ok i lied. Everytime i plug in a haddrive or something i quickly dust it off with a kitchen gun cloth

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

I clean it out every 3 to 6 months but I dust off the outside of the case pretty much every week.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Den-Fi said:

🤔 That seems like a bit much. You don't mean draining the loop, right?

I had a experience where after 6 weeks my tubes got clogged really bad so I clean it every two weeks but I used dye. if your on water you can go longer without draining

3 minutes ago, codenexastudios said:

I had a experience where after 6 weeks my tubes got clogged really bad so I clean it every two weeks but I used dye. if your on water you can go longer without draining

That seems more like a loop contaminant problem. I have two dyed loops and haven’t experienced clogging  so bad that I need to do it every two weeks. That seems very not with it. 

Which coolant are you using? 

6 minutes ago, codenexastudios said:

Some cheap no name amazon coolant

So instead of drilling down to the root of the problem you just throw infinite money at it? Seems like an odd choice but okay.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

So instead of drilling down to the root of the problem you just throw infinite money at it? Seems like an odd choice but okay.

Too each thier own

41 minutes ago, pm128 said:

I have never cleaned cleaned mine, and I got it in 2018. What about you?

About once a year. I'm lazy, okay?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I clean my rig's dust filters about every morning with a microfiber cloth as I usually have it on for a more than 12 hours a day due to school work. I clean the inside one a month or so using a brush, microfiber cloth, and a dry vac with the hose on the return to use to blow the dust out. Actually cleaned it last Friday and for the GPU, I used Q-tips to get in between the fan blades on the GPU...they were dusty. 

Wish I didn't have to clean it out so often but the side fan on my case does not have a dust filter...😔

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

i used to clean every 3 months

full disassembly and all, for like a year and half

then i got tired and do it once every~2 years, not that it's that dusty anyways

last time i cleaned, you can only see some dust on the fan fins, and i used a pet dryer to blow out the GPUs

temps only dropped ~2c

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I clean it when I am so bored that I'm even tired of doing nothing but still feel like cleaning... which is not that often