What do you usually do on your computer you build?

StrawberryShortCakes

I'm asking because my sister says I'm obsessed with my precious computer, I'm trying to see if what I'm doing on it truly constitues me being addicted to computers systems. 

System build : on my signature bar

Uses :

3D modelling (cars, game character mods, mmd) 

3D printing models (Pokemon models, Gundam models, miniaturized metal car parts models) 

Designing vinyl wraps/ illusion wraps

Video chats overseas with modeling group

Learning data structures and algorithms (learning to make an app) 

Zoom chats with friends

And gaming (not very often) 

So am I addicted? 

What do you guys normally do? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

17 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

how long do you spend doing these tasks?

As much free time as I have after school, 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

22 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I'm asking because my sister says I'm obsessed with my precious computer, I'm trying to see if what I'm doing on it truly constitues me being addicted to computers systems. 

Uses :

3D printing models (Pokemon models, Gundam models, miniaturized metal car parts models) 

Zoom chats with friends

So am I addicted? 

Your computer is just your tool for doing your hobbies. That is the same as saying a carpenter is obsessed with his saw because they use it for their woodworking work.

People don't seem to understand that a computer is as much a tool as a entertainment device.

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Your computer is just your tool for doing your hobbies. That is the same as saying a carpenter is obsessed with his saw because they use it for their woodworking work.

People don't seem to understand that a computer is as much a tool as a entertainment device.

She say me spending 6-8hrs a day on my pc is an obsession. I hope I'm not tho. 

1 hour ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Mainly nothing just sits there, or i watch some videos on it, and rarely game. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Mainly nothing just sits there, or i watch some videos on it, and rarely game. 

What videos? Anime, movies, series or...... xxx

What videos?

Youtube. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

48 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

mmd

one, nice can you send me a vid

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Anime,

two, I watched the entire SAO series on my pc (much better than a 15in laptop)

My conclusion your a weeb like me and its fine.

but animating is cool keep doing it

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

56 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F35y72o.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Facebook and LTT machine, kek.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

25 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

She say me spending 6-8hrs a day on my pc is an obsession. I hope I'm not tho. 

She doesn't know what she's talking about, basically. Most office workers spend that long sat at a PC, doing something they hate. You're enjoying hobbies.

Probably jealousy. Carry on. Do make sure you get exercise though.

Uses :

Zoom chats with friends

Sounds to me like you're using your computer for what it is. A tool to do a job/hobby that you enjoy.

That's not so much an addiction, as you having a lot of the things you want to do that are related to computers.

If your sister can't understand that you do more than just "web browsing" and/or "chatting" on the computer, then she's the problem. Let me guess, she spends hours on her phone talking to her friends/boyfriend, but sees nothing wrong with that because "it's not the same" ?

Wanna know what an addiction is?

Being on the computer, doing absolutely nothing other than refreshing the same few web pages, OVER AND OVER again, all day every day.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Also me:  I don't care what people think, as long as Im not hurting anyone and am happy.

You hurting anyone?  You happy?

Who cares

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

install other linux distros and set them up break them by doing something wrong and then do it all again.

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

one, nice can you send me a vid

two, I watched the entire SAO series on my pc (much better than a 15in laptop)

My conclusion your a weeb like me and its fine.

but animating is cool keep doing it

I don't think you'll like my mmd (Pokemon dancing to japanese anime music) and what's a weeb? 

1 hour ago, TehDwonz said:

She doesn't know what she's talking about, basically. Most office workers spend that long sat at a PC, doing something they hate. You're enjoying hobbies.

Probably jealousy. Carry on. Do make sure you get exercise though.

I do alot of running in school (running away from bullies and girls) 

Bullies : take my money

Girls : take my dignity 

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Sounds to me like you're using your computer for what it is. A tool to do a job/hobby that you enjoy.

That's not so much an addiction, as you having a lot of the things you want to do that are related to computers.

If your sister can't understand that you do more than just "web browsing" and/or "chatting" on the computer, then she's the problem. Let me guess, she spends hours on her phone talking to her friends/boyfriend, but sees nothing wrong with that because "it's not the same" ?

Wanna know what an addiction is?

Being on the computer, doing absolutely nothing other than refreshing the same few web pages, OVER AND OVER again, all day every day.

Nah my sister is a judo teacher for the singapore police force. 

57 minutes ago, Dean0919 said:

On Weekends I play Gwent or something else like "For Honor" if I want action. I don't use my PC besides weekends, only for a few minutes to play a web browser game (Castle Age) just run some tokens before going to bed and that's it.

I don't think it's an addiction if you don't have other things to do. I mean, for example, if your significant one wants to have a dinner with you or spend time with you by watching something and you turn her down, just because to do something in your PC like play a game or chat with strangers or friends online, then yes, it's an addiction. If people around you feel that you're not with them whenever they need you or whenever there is something that needs to be done, but you refuse because you need to do something in your PC, than yes, it's an addiction.

But if you don't have anything else to do, no one needs you or asks you to do this or that, it's your right to spend time how you want, will it be outside in a real world or online in your PC. Unless you don't let others around you feel neglected or live at night and sleep at day by damaging your health, all should be good & I don't see problem with it.

Nah no girlfriend I'm 14 dad says no girls till 20

Sometime I do get up in the middle of the night to jot down animation ideas. 

52 minutes ago, Dean0919 said:

I confirm this. Right now, I'm at the office, at the computer, doing some boring stuff, which I hate. Can't wait to go home and watch Netflix :D

I envy those people who enjoy their work. It's rare.

I wish I get paid... I only get an allowance monthly and earn extra doing choirs and making revision test papers to sell. 

42 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Also me:  I don't care what people think, as long as Im not hurting anyone and am happy.

You hurting anyone?  You happy?

Who cares

Happy, yes? no? I don't know 

hurt people? let me think.... I would love to hurt my bullies. 

2 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Nah my sister is a judo teacher for the singapore police force. 

Ah ok, so it's the typical "I don't understand what you're doing, I'm unwilling to listen to you explain and so you must be wasting your time because you're not out there in the real world like me".

Not much you can say to that. To her, it just looks like a kid playing around for hours and hours on the computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Happy, yes? no? I don't know 

hurt people? let me think.... I would love to hurt my bullies. 

Not deep diving into soul searching here - Im talking about your question - if your PC use doesn't make you unhappy, then change nothing - happiness is as fickle as a United States hot topic.  If your PC doesn't create harm against others, then change nothing.  

Now on to bullies, as I am a self defense instructor in RL (Wolves Den Training Center).  I advise that you get into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in your area.  The self confidence it will give you alone will change how you even view bullies, been doing this a long time.  As for cyber bullying...well I don't understand how that all works, as I have yet to be a victim of it.  From an outsiders perspective I would suggest not using social media, because its toxic AF.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Turn it on.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Ah ok, so it's the typical "I don't understand what you're doing, I'm unwilling to listen to you explain and so you must be wasting your time because you're not out there in the real world like me".

Not much you can say to that. To her, it just looks like a kid playing around for hours and hours on the computer.

Yep, that sums 90% of it, and she expects me to try judo... As if I don't get beat up enough in school by girls.. 

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Not deep diving into soul searching here - Im talking about your question - if your PC use doesn't make you unhappy, then change nothing - happiness is as fickle as a United States hot topic.  If your PC doesn't create harm against others, then change nothing.  

Now on to bullies, as I am a self defense instructor in RL (Wolves Den Training Center).  I advise that you get into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in your area.  The self confidence it will give you alone will change how you even view bullies, been doing this a long time.  As for cyber bullying...well I don't understand how that all works, as I have yet to be a victim of it.  From an outsiders perspective I would suggest not using social media, because its toxic AF.

My computer.... Wish I could use it to do harm to the bullies with it but it be a waste of good computer parts on pea brained peons. *chucks my pc at the head of my bully and bashes his head in*  laughs manically. 😜

As for jiu jitsu I'm against violence since I see enough with my sister's judo all that pain reminds me to want to hide. As for cyber bullying don't worry about me I only mix with LTT and the 3D modelling forums most of the users on those site are pretty mature. 

Hehe, I feel like a lot of people in this thread are super defensive.

Probably because they have also been told that spending 90% of your spare time sitting in front of a computer isn't good. I especially like all the attacks against OP's sister that are completely unfounded and massive assumptions.

Anyway, I am not sure if you are addicted because you haven't really given us a lot of information, and it's coming from you so chances are it will be slanted and biased.

But in general, an addiction is only bad if it causes harm in some way. Are you sitting at your computer procrastinating instead of doing homework, hanging out with friends, exercising, eating, sleeping, etc? Then yes, your compulsive sitting at your computer is harmful and you should cut down on it.

Is sitting at your computer something you do after more important things are done? Then it's not a problem.

Although, I did see your other thread where you talked about wanting to upgrade your PC hardware all the time. I think that's bad behavior and something that should be strongly discouraged.

Here is a status update I wrote about it:

It's so refreshing to see a content creator actually tell people things along the lines of "stop buying things you don't need just because you want something new and shiny".

I talked about this earlier in a post where I criticized channels like Linus' for constantly pushing people to spend money on stuff they don't need.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/216-lawlz/?status=263083&type=status

Thank you Steve for saying how it is. If you're mad that you can't buy a new graphics card then you got problems. Don't buy it just because "OMG I want it this is so cool". Buy if it you actually NEED it, like you are unable to do things with your current computer (and no, "I want slightly better graphics" or "slightly higher FPS" is not valid excuses to blow hundreds of dollars on something IMO).

Need it for work where time saved actually directly translates to money saved? Get it. Need it because your old computer is so weak you are actually unable to play something at a satisfactory level even when you turn the settings down from the horrendously optimized max settings down to the more reasonable high or medium settings? Then get it. Does it have some feature that will greatly enhance something you do? Then get it.

And yes, this will apply to Nvidia products, Intel products and especially AMD products which this forum seems to have a raging boner for to the point where some people even recommended buying AMD products even when they were worse because "AMD needs money".

Stop mindlessly buying shit just because you want the latest shiny overpriced toy.

It's just a workstation for financial analysis, writing a daily COVID-19 newsletter, photography, accounting, and email.  I need it to be quiet as it sits on my desk right next to the monitor.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

22 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Hehe, I feel like a lot of people in this thread are super defensive.

Probably because they have also been told that spending 90% of your spare time sitting in front of a computer isn't good. I especially like all the attacks against OP's sister that are completely unfounded and massive assumptions.

Anyway, I am not sure if you are addicted because you haven't really given us a lot of information, and it's coming from you so chances are it will be slanted and biased.

But in general, an addiction is only bad if it causes harm in some way. Are you sitting at your computer procrastinating instead of doing homework, hanging out with friends, exercising, eating, sleeping, etc? Then yes, your compulsive sitting at your computer is harmful and you should cut down on it.

Is sitting at your computer something you do after more important things are done? Then it's not a problem.

Although, I did see your other thread where you talked about wanting to upgrade your PC hardware all the time. I think that's bad behavior and something that should be strongly discouraged.

Here is a status update I wrote about it:

Fist I do finish the homework before I do my 3d stuff, but sometimes I do forget to eat so I do sometimes live off apple chips, as for bedtime I do go to bed at 2am sometime but not always but I have reasons, my 3d model isn't perfect yet I still have so much to do. BTW what does "procrastinating" mean sorry too... complicated english for me. 

As for my sister she tries to pull me away from my pc and drags me to either the gym or to her judo class, but I hate going both places stink of sweat and everyone looks like they can eat me up and spit me out. . 

21 hours ago, Alan G said:

It's just a workstation for financial analysis, writing a daily COVID-19 newsletter, photography, accounting, and email.  I need it to be quiet as it sits on my desk right next to the monitor.

You should like my dad he does accounting for other companies then tells them about yearly profits. 

13 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

BTW what does "procrastinating" mean sorry too... complicated english for me. 

Procrastinating in simple terms is "not doing things you need to do, and doing things you think are fun instead".

For example "I have homework due for tomorrow, but I'll do some 3D modeling instead because it's more fun".

I'm not saying that you do that, but I used 3D modeling as an example. Procrastinating is bad and should be avoided. 

13 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

As for my sister she tries to pull me away from my pc and drags me to either the gym or to her judo class, but I hate going both places stink of sweat and everyone looks like they can eat me up and spit me out.

I totally understand that feeling. But I think your sister tries to do this because she is worried about your health.

It's extremely hard to go to the gym if you're not motivated though, so I completely understand your feelings too. When I was younger I was in your situation. Now that I am older however, I go to the gym twice a week and jog outside once a week, and I wish I had picked up this habit earlier.

Exercise is one of those things you hate doing while you do it, but you love the benefits of afterwards. Benefits like living longer, being more attractive, having more energy in everyday life, doesn't feel weak or fragile among others, boosts self-esteem, sleeping better, etc.

Your sister sounds like she cares for you. I get that it doesn't feel like that when she tries to drag you to some gym or judo class, but she does. The mean words like "you're obsessed with your computer" is her venting her frustration that you are choosing to sit in front of your computer (doing things you like) rather than doing things you don't like but need (exercise).

At least that's how I interpret the situation based on my very limited understanding of it. I might be completely off.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Uses :

Zoom chats with friends

So am I addicted? 

I don't really use my PC. When I do, I use it for project work or school and spend hours on end doing it. Some people don't understand that PC's can be used for more than to just play games or watch videos. My parents say I am addicted to my PC, yes I do occasionally watch something or play something but since I am spending so much time on my PC and my parents really only see me when I am gaming, they think I'm addicted. Tell your sister about what you do. Show her how you do it. She'll then understand what you do. These days spending hours on a PC is normal for everybody. Say you are in office and you spend a long time on your PC. You come back from work and your parents ask you "What did you do today?" you say "I spent time on the PC." if your parents or whoever is there thinks you are addicted because of spending so much time on the PC, they probably have no brain.