ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter

Just posted my entry if you guys were interested.

Took a lot of work to get the keying done, and actually recording onto VHS and back to HD was a pain as well, but overall I hope I did good.

The theme was being stuck in bad graphics because my PC is slow now.

https://youtu.be/79QoOCwRvh8

Please let me know what you think, and if it's better or worse than my last attempt at the ROGRigReboot

12 minutes ago, TheFinalGamer said:

Good job everyone!  Here's my video for anyone interested (feedback is welcomed!) :

My only nitpick is that it's probably easier for your computer to SSH than it is to run solitaire... 😅

Otherwise, great job! 

9 minutes ago, plumptree said:

Just posted my entry if you guys were interested.

Took a lot of work to get the keying done, and actually recording onto VHS and back to HD was a pain as well, but overall I hope I did good.

The theme was being stuck in bad graphics because my PC is slow now.

https://youtu.be/79QoOCwRvh8

Please let me know what you think, and if it's better or worse than my last attempt at the ROGRigReboot

That editing was top notch my guy! 😊

It's funny seeing people talking about 3000 entries 4 hours ago, while now it's nearly at 3400. That's only 200 short of last year, which is pretty crazy considering it wasn't international this year

IMG_20200925_234601.jpg

2 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

It's funny seeing people talking about 3000 entries 4 hours ago, while now it's nearly at 3400. That's only 200 short of last year, which is pretty crazy considering it wasn't international this year

IMG_20200925_234601.jpg

yea ive been checking since earlier today it was at 2800 and its grown to nearly 3400 im guessing when time is up we will probably hit 3450-3500 about 100 or so less from last year.

8 minutes to go, let's see how many last-last minute entries there are. I'm placing my bets on just above 3400 entries.

3 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

8 minutes to go, let's see how many last-last minute entries there are. I'm placing my bets on just above 3400 entries.

it just hit 3400

times up now time to queue all the people who are going to come in here throughout the next few days complaining about either not making the time or asking when the winners will get announced

4 entries were *literally* last minute, with one I saw during the last 10 seconds. Absolute madlads/lasses.

Well, it's over, and the judging I'm sure is soon to begin! I wish everyone the best of luck, especially my fellow British Columbians!

IMG_20200925_235908.jpg

IMG_20200926_000008.jpg

1 minute ago, BananaCS13 said:

times up now time to queue all the people who are going to come in here throughout the next few days complaining about either not making the time or asking when the winners will get announced

lmao I can see it already

5 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

4 entries were *literally* last minute, with one I saw during the last 10 seconds. Absolute madlads/lasses.

Well, it's over, and the judging I'm sure is soon to begin! I wish everyone the best of luck, especially my fellow British Columbians!

IMG_20200925_235908.jpg

IMG_20200926_000008.jpg

yea best of luck to all. It kinda sucks the winner doesnt get to go out to there studio this year. whoever the person who wins from bc is going to be so lucky because they are the only one that gets to go in person.

10 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

Hey, do you know when winners will be announced? Just curious..

Just now, Renzo G said:

Submitted mine within last 10 mins. Good luck everyone!

6 minutes ago, Renzo G said:

bruh...

probably in the next week or so. they have to go through hours of footage and select the top 20 and then narrow that down to 3 then they have to confirm those 3 people are eligible and get in touch with them. If anyone asks when the winners will be announce please refer them to this post because I will most likely not be answering this again.

2 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

bruh...

probably in the next week or so. they have to go through hours of footage and select the top 20 and then narrow that down to 3 then they have to confirm those 3 people are eligible and get in touch with them. If anyone asks when the winners will be announce please refer them to this post because I will most likely not be answering this again.

Okay, Thank you so much Ban. First time contesting and my laptop sucks. I make sure to refer. Have a goodnight!

Just now, Renzo G said:

Okay, Thank you so much Ban. First time contesting and my laptop sucks. I make sure to refer. Have a goodnight!

lol wish you luck im entering with my amd based rig from 2009 that i found in a dumpster near my house. you have a goodnight as well.

1 hour ago, Renzo G said:

Last year's contest was announced on September 20th, and the finalists were announced on October 8th. Give it a week or two.

1 hour ago, BananaCS13 said:

yea best of luck to all. It kinda sucks the winner doesnt get to go out to there studio this year. whoever the person who wins from bc is going to be so lucky because they are the only one that gets to go in person.

Ofc I'm hoping I'll be the one, but after watching my video and looking at some of the other submissions from my province I feel like I don't have much of a chance... I'll be happy if I can be an honourable mention 😅

4 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

Ofc I'm hoping I'll be the one, but after watching my video and looking at some of the other submissions from my province I feel like I don't have much of a chance... I'll be happy if I can be an honourable mention 😅

you never know. from what ive seen having the best video isnt the be all deciding factor. you have to balance the whole thing. have a good video, a terrible rig, and just overally try your best.

10 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

if it also makes you feel a little better the winners from last year were from 3 categories. "made us laugh" "Worst computer" "Best Overall" I assume they are going to go with a similar approach for this year.