ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, CPotter said:

Man everyone is posting there submissions on here so guess ill post my cringe of a video lol. I don't expect to win but wanted to put my best foot forward :)

4 minutes ago, voidrunner959 said:

Man everyone is posting there submissions on here so guess ill post my cringe of a video lol. I don't expect to win but wanted to put my best foot forward :)

Damn dude I'd kill for a 1060, I'm stuck with an rx 460 ripped from my friend's motherboard in his pc fire

30 minutes ago, Stewpandas said:

I think I messed up and I am so upset. I forgot to enter on the site. But I created a video and followed the other rules! Dangit!! If I won Linus please reply to this lol!

If you didn't submit it through the website they won't review your video, sorry.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

If you didn't submit it through the website they won't review your video, sorry.

I submitted like 3 days ago i just wanted to post it here too

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Damn dude I'd kill for a 1060, I'm stuck with an rx 460 ripped from my friend's motherboard in his pc fire

I was lucky it was on clearance at a best buy in a small town in the middle of no were I had to open a credit card with them just to take up the chance. That's the only new thing in my computer I was able to get it in January, but it's starting to show age, also when video doing video editing and audio production its not cutting it and my system freezes or crashes 90% of the time makes it hard to do anything for my production classes exsheshaly now with covid :(

I saw a lot of people posting their videos for constructive criticism, so at the risk of being called out for entering with an already decent pc, here's my entry:

Spoiler
Spoiler

I think my main issues are my script and general editing issues like audio...

7 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

I'd kill for an rx460... According to UserBenchmark, it's 300% better than what I have now.

I mean, I've been planning to build a new computer, but I've decided to wait until November for multiple reasons.

1) I'll know the results of this contest by then.

2) AMD will have launched it's Zen 3 by then, so Zen 2 should be cheaper.

3) Black Friday

Just goes to show, some contestants have better PC's, some have worse... It comes down to execution on the videos.

3 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

I saw a lot of people posting their videos for constructive criticism, so at the risk of being called out for entering with an already decent pc, here's my entry:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I think my main issues are my script and general editing issues like audio...

Feels a bit generic, but other than that its good!

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

Hmm, looking at last years top 29 rn, I think most if not all of the entries Ive seen on this thread are on par, if not better than them, good luck to you all!

Spoiler

Obligatory "this is my video" post. 300 word script in the first 54 seconds, so about 5.5 words per second.

1) I know it's meme-ish

2) The brass instruments towards the end cover some of my VO

3) Could have had better B-Roll instead of stock images, but I'm talking so fast that video cuts might be even more jarring.

14 minutes ago, SiN_Fury said:

Obligatory "this is my video" post. 300 word script in the first 54 seconds, so about 5.5 words per second.

1) I know it's meme-ish

2) The brass instruments towards the end cover some of my VO

3) Could have had better B-Roll instead of stock images, but I'm talking so fast that video cuts might be even more jarring.

I like the premise! I have that same HP Envy 700-214 actually, it's barely alive by a thread. I know the pain of long ass boots.

9 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

I like the premise! I have that same HP Envy 700-214 actually, it's barely alive by a thread. I know the pain of long ass boots.

Close. HP Envy H8-1534 as is with no upgrades. But yeah, we're both 7+ years behind.

1 minute ago, SiN_Fury said:

Close. HP Envy H8-1534 as is with no upgrades. But yeah, we're both 8+ years behind.

yep. I must say I'm nervous about winning with all these entries but somehow confident because I put as much effort as possible into my video

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

yep. I must say I'm nervous about winning with all these entries but somehow confident because I put as much effort as possible into my video

And like you said in your video, you didn't do a generic commercial or rig showcase. I think 2 years ago, one of the winners did a rap, which caused a lot of people last year to do rap videos, none of which won. 

Last years winners really pushed the infomercial which you are seeing a lot of this year.

3 minutes ago, SiN_Fury said:

And like you said in your video, you didn't do a generic commercial or rig showcase. I think 2 years ago, one of the winners did a rap, which caused a lot of people last year to do rap videos, none of which won. 

Last years winners really pushed the infomercial which you are seeing a lot of this year.

This year has been SO MANY INFOMERCIALS, which means a lot of entries aren't going to win. If an infomercial wins this year I will be very dissapointed.

As of now I can pretty much confirm my submission aint winning as it basicly just an infomercial style. good luck to the rest of you though.

2 hours ago, SiN_Fury said:

It was well edited. Microphone seemed to be peaking a lot, but you probably didn't have much control since I'm guessing it was a gaming headset. Depending on what phone you have, you might be able to get better sound with that if you record in a little blanket fort and just transfer the file to your computer.

The shot of blowing dust off the GPU hit close to home...

Thanks ! I was more wondering about the content itself. I watched a lot of videos from last year and about 200ish videos this year just trying to get an idea of what I can do. I did see two raps this year but no songs. Honestly after I posted it I wondered how many people would even recognize the song. I'm not old but sometimes the things I mention remind me that I'm up there. 

As far as I know I haven't seen anything like my video in any year's submissions, I'll be honest...

4 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

As of now I can pretty much confirm my submission aint winning as it basicly just an infomercial style. good luck to the rest of you though.

We were just speculating. Who knows what they're looking for this year. And really if you think about it, is anything truly "original" at this point in human history? My video is different than most others, but it's still just a rip off of Ant Man.

Don't worry. As long as you had fun during the process and maybe learned something along the way, it's still worth it. Winning is an added bonus.

We were just speculating. Who knows what they're looking for this year. And really if you think about it, is anything truly "original" at this point in human history? My video is different than most others, but it's still just a rip off of Ant Man.

Don't worry. As long as you had fun during the process and maybe learned something along the way, it's still worth it. Winning is an added bonus.

I'm fairly certain that they're just looking for people to do ideas and videos that aren't like the other submissions, because every idea has to have a base. I think your idea was quite original compared to other submissions.

lol thanks dude that actually made me feel quite a bit better about it.

1 minute ago, PhillyJae said:

Had this made two days ago. It's with stop motion with Legos.

well made!

So like, if mine were to win there would be tons of parodies next year? That would be neat to watch haha.

Spoiler