ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter

I can't wait to see the top 20 and go: I know THIS ONE, and THIS ONE, and THIS ONE. Good luck everyone!!

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Wow, I generated 5 pages worth of discussion simply by existing. Points to me for being smart? No idea. Anyway, we're at 3118 entries.

yea you, me, and the other guys who have come and gone in the past like 10 pages.

2 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

lol while you guys are thinking outside the box with your videos mine is just a generic infomercial style video with me jumping into a trash can.

My mom said "why don't you try to interview yourself?" So I styled my video like a ScreenRant pitch meeting and it worked out pretty well if you ask me.

Ya know what else would be cool for an engraving:

Toei Sonic, ya I know sonic is in a bad state rn, but I don't care.

So Thread, what would you do with your rigs? Personally I wanna develop some kind of 3d sonic fangame, or just a fast-paced 3d game in general, which I can't currently do.

Edit: Ya know what else would be cool? "See you space cowboy" In an Ace Attorney Objection Bubble

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

My mom said "why don't you try to interview yourself?" So I styled my video like a ScreenRant pitch meeting and it worked out pretty well if you ask me.

yea definitly its pretty original if you ask me. you for sure have a shot at winning/top 20

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

So Thread, what would you do with your rigs? Personally I wanna develop some kind of 3d sonic fangame, or just a fast-paced 3d game in general, which I can't currently do.

well id definitly game on it. I would do more 3d modelng and stream on twitch.

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Personally, I'd really love to finally be able to stream and record for my miniscule YouTube audience (~112 subs), but above all I want to finally have the pc power to pour into my hobbies for photography, graphic design, 3d modelling and printing, video editing, and music creation. I have many interests but my computer limits my abilities to persue my dreams and goals.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

Personally, I'd really love to finally be able to stream and record for my miniscule YouTube audience (~112 subs), but above all I want to finally have the pc power to pour into my hobbies for photography, graphic design, 3d modelling and printing, video editing, and music creation. I have many interests but my computer limits my abilities to persue my dreams and goals.

I think streaming would be cool, but not gaming, instead game-dev. I would have included my bare bones platformer in my video BUT GODOT WOULD NOT LOAD

Spoiler

I think streaming would be cool, but not gaming, instead game-dev. I would have included my bare bones platformer in my video BUT GODOT WOULD NOT LOAD

I can't do game dev for shit.

Hey there, been lurking for a bit trying to figure out how to send messages. Finally figured it out, go me 😎

1 minute ago, Veggieking said:

Hey there, been lurking for a bit trying to figure out how to send messages. Finally figured it out, go me 😎

good for you my dude. Let me guess, you joined to see when the winners get announced.

Nah, I've just been reading the conversation since about page 21 and thought y'all seemed pretty darn friendly. And with my nerves absolutely frayed from the competition I thought some likeminded people would calm me down a bit.

Just now, Veggieking said:

Nah, I've just been reading the conversation since about page 21 and thought y'all seemed pretty darn friendly. And with my nerves absolutely frayed from the competition I thought some likeminded people would calm me down a bit.

Yeah it helps to calm down and talk about your worries to kinda get them off your mind.

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Yeah it helps to calm down and talk about your worries to kinda get them off your mind.

This is true.

I read through all of last years thread, and I didn't see any moments like this.

Spoiler

This is true.

I read through all of last years thread, and I didn't see any moments like this.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm fairly certian I sparked all this hubbub 

Guess i joined at just the right time to meet some wonderful people then! 

Just now, Veggieking said:

Guess i joined at just the right time to meet some wonderful people then! 

Yeah! So what's got you frazzled? Also if you don't mind, can I see your submission?

Y'know that feeling when you submit something but you're not sure whether you've submitted the right thing? You know you had to have. But you can't remember exactly what you sent? So you must've messed it up? I've been sitting here pressing Ctrl + C for like 2 hours now with that thought process. 

15 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Edit: Ya know what else would be cool? "See you space cowboy" In an Ace Attorney Objection Bubble

Honestly, mostly just game and prep my code before I throw it on a server to run for hours. Also, maybe I'd stream some PTCGO or MTG but not sure Id get many viewers 😂😅

5 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

Y'know that feeling when you submit something but you're not sure whether you've submitted the right thing? You know you had to have. But you can't remember exactly what you sent? So you must've messed it up? I've been sitting here pressing Ctrl + C for like 2 hours now with that thought process. 

That's certainly a creative submission. It does follow an uncommon but noticeable trend of being a black and white flash to the past theme, but it presents itself in a new light with a  more interrogation themed central idea.
Personally I spent a lot of time editing my video so I wasn't too apprehensive when submitting it. Probably the hours and hours of scripting and editing that helped me feel like my final product was exactly what I wanted. My guess is that you're not confident because of some areas you felt could be better, or that there's aspects you originally had planned that were unable to make the final cut.

The sexy cop bit did kinda confuse me as to why it was included though, I guess to make the joke about playing dirty.

5 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

That's awesome!! Be proud my friend!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

That's certainly a creative submission. It does follow an uncommon but noticeable trend of being a black and white flash to the past theme, but it presents itself in a new light with a  more interrogation themed central idea.
Personally I spent a lot of time editing my video so I wasn't too apprehensive when submitting it. Probably the hours and hours of scripting and editing that helped me feel like my final product was exactly what I wanted. My guess is that you're not confident because of some areas you felt could be better, or that there's aspects you originally had planned that were unable to make the final cut.

I think the video was good but the black and white makes it hard to see the details, like it took me a few seconds to realize you were in a dress to turn on the computer. 

You in a dress tho? 10/10, I wish I looked that good in a dress 😂😂😂

Oliver you keep talkin' like that and you're gonna make me think things I never have before.

But in all seriousness, I'm actually really happy with what I got. My buddy and I have a blast filming. It's really just that constant fear of "What if you didn't submit it right" that has me a tad bit frazzled.