ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
Just now, iamkirigiver said:

Well I'm just watching the rig reboots and crying like this 13 yr old I am.

The previous rig reboots are pretty fun to watch honestly, it's a mix of people unexperienced with building pc's and Linus messing with them.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

The previous rig reboots are pretty fun to watch honestly, it's a mix of people unexperienced with building pc's and Linus messing with them.

Yea I'm also having a good laugh too (also what are you on? I'm on a school laptop with intel core 2 duo 4 ggs of ram integrated graphics)

Just now, iamkirigiver said:

Yea I'm also having a good laugh too (also what are you on? I'm on a school laptop with intel core 2 duo 4 ggs of ram integrated graphics)

I'm on my desktop atm.

underclocked i5-4440

dying rx 460

16gb ddr3 1600mhz

I kinda made my video fast since I dont have much time, and couldn't really edit it much since my rig is a piece o' crap, it isn't that great but at least it gives me a chance. its an i3-2120 with 8 gb of ram i don't know the speed of. No gpu either (Anyone know when they're gonna announce winners?)

Just here for some fun.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

PC Build 1: Great Ape (Main Rig) > https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DJ_saiyanprince/saved/nKjHGX

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

GPU: ASUS GTX 1070Ti 8GB ROG STRIX
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750 W

Mobo: MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI

Case: Corsair 4000D

PC Build 2: Piccolo (Emulation/ITX/Transportable) > https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DJ_saiyanprince/saved/tDBdHx

CPU: Intel i5-11400

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB SC
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W

Mobo: ASRock Z590M-ITX/ax

Case: Silverstone RVZ03

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

1 minute ago, The Blue Cryptid said:

I kinda made my video fast since I dont have much time, and couldn't really edit it much since my rig is a piece o' crap, it isn't that great but at least it gives me a chance. its an i3-2120 with 8 gb of ram i don't know the speed of. No gpu either (Anyone know when they're gonna announce winners?)

dont quote me on this but I belive they usually announce the winners about a week later.

Just now, The Blue Cryptid said:

I made a thread on that, but in reality they have around 50 hours of video to watch, winners to contact, livestream setup shipping, recording, editing, shipping the rigs to the winners

It's a LOT of processing to do so I doubt the videos will come out until a month or more from now, but my guess is they contact the winners within 1-2.5 weeks from now.

contest just hit 3000 entries probably not going to have as many as last year since i believe it was 3600 last year.

Just now, BananaCS13 said:

contest just hit 3000 entries probably not going to have as many as last year since i believe it was 3600 last year.

3006 actually

5 minutes ago, The Blue Cryptid said:

like 5hrs and 10 mins when they're chosen

1 minute ago, iamkirigiver said:

like 5hrs and 10 mins when they're chosen

they have tons of hours of footage to go through they arent picking the winner today.

1 minute ago, BananaCS13 said:

they have tons of hours of footage to go through they arent picking the winner today.

tru tru gomenosai

Just now, BananaCS13 said:

Yeah lmao that's just when the contest entries close

5 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

3006 actually

yea this year is definitly going to be smaller in terms of amount of entries.

screenshot for ltt.PNG

If i don't end up winning I might end up making a budget mini ITX build that's vr capable, even if it can't push a lot of frames at high settings.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:52 AM, BananaCS13 said:

yea this year is definitly going to be smaller in terms of amount of entries.

screenshot for ltt.PNG

5 hours left and we're sitting at 3018 entries. I'm so hyped for this years winners!

3028 entries!

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

3028 entries!

I wonder how they filter location? Since it's U.S. and Canada only. Does anyone know?

Just now, paperbagperson said:

I wonder how they filter location? Since it's U.S. and Canada only. Does anyone know?

No idea. Maybe they guess, contact you about it, or have some sort of other way I'm unaware of. There may have been something about it in the entry info you had to provide when submitting.

1 minute ago, paperbagperson said:

when you go to the website if you arent in the region it wont let you enter. i suppose if someone did vpn in they would get found out eventually.

14 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

If i don't end up winning I might end up making a budget mini ITX build that's vr capable, even if it can't push a lot of frames at high settings.

I've been waiting for the next gen of AMD CPUs to build a new PC in one of those NZXT H1 cases. I really doubt I'll win, so I'll go back to planning for that again.