ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
2 minutes ago, _a_aron___ said:

Well in the intro I said "Today's sponsor is nobody". I was thinking to but I thought if I tried to fit in a sponsor, my speech would be too fast and would probably make my video worse. Thanks for the feedback!

Crunching a video into the time limit really is a challenge, finding a perfect balance between content on why you need a new pc/why your current one sucks and the entertainment/skits

1 minute ago, _a_aron___ said:

Well in the intro I said "Today's sponsor is nobody". I was thinking to but I thought if I tried to fit in a sponsor, my speech would be too fast and would probably make my video worse. Thanks for the feedback!

OH! Under the beginning text blurb thing. I completely zonked on that. Mbmb. 

Making these videos was so taxing, by the last day I refused to do any more filming, thankfully everything that needed to be reshot was reshot beforehand.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Making these videos was so taxing, by the last day I refused to do any more filming, thankfully everything that needed to be reshot was reshot beforehand.

I agree but I also thought that it was a fun experience, and gave me smtn to do after school

25 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

You're far too kind. I'm sure whatever you've got is just as likely to win!

Mine doesn't even make sense after watching it a few days away from it.

Those other submissions are comprehensive & well done.

It's a little bizarre but mostly just dumb.

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I'd love to see yours! If you don't mind.

1 minute ago, Veggieking said:

same here...

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I'd like to see it as well. If none of us win, we can still assist each other and improve our videos next year.

Just now, _a_aron___ said:

I'd like to see it as well. If none of us win, we can still assist each other and improve our videos next year.

I agree, thats a good mindset 🙂

2 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

1 minute ago, iamkirigiver said:

same here...

Just now, _a_aron___ said:

I was going to PM it to 1 or 2 people but too many people are asking so...

Spoiler

Just now, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh sorry for making you feel weird 😞

1 minute ago, iamkirigiver said:

dw haha.

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love it! I haven't seen a Fatbox in a while.
That game at the end. Is that like a halo-like shooter? custom or premade assets? Because that's pretty darn cool my guy.

Just now, Veggieking said:

I love it! I haven't seen a Fatbox in a while.
That game at the end. Is that like a halo-like shooter? custom or premade assets? Because that's pretty darn cool my guy.

I agree! I thought that it was realy creative and it can (maybe) make university/college students relate to your situation.

4 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Same here. My apologies. Content wise, it was quite funny. The end music made it kind of weird. I would prefer if maybe you talked to yourself about how you're doing well in school (Good job) and that you're talented, but the PC is the only thing keeping you from reaching prime success. Other than that, great video!

16 minutes ago, _a_aron___ said:

Same here. My apologies.

Don't worry about it haha. It's fine. If it bothered me I wouldn't have shown anyone.

Content wise, it was quite funny.

Thanks.

The end music made it kind of weird. I would prefer if maybe you talked to yourself about how you're doing well in school (Good job) and that you're talented, but the PC is the only thing keeping you from reaching prime success. Other than that, great video!

That felt a bit generic. I watched 6 past winners & majority do that. I thought it would be boring for me to be sitting staring into the camera saying "This is the processor I have. This is the GPU I have. I want to win because I like fortnite. My computer is not good at playing fortnite. I would like to play fortnite at a better frame rate. Please help me play fortnite."

Less is more.

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

Don't worry about it haha. It's fine. If it bothered me I wouldn't have shown anyone.

Thanks.

That felt a bit generic. I watched 6 past winners & majority do that. I thought it would be boring for me to be sitting staring into the camera saying "This is the processor I have. This is the GPU I have. I want to win because I like fortnite. My computer is not good at playing fortnite. I would like to play fortnite at a better frame rate. Please help me play fortnite."

Less is more.

Agreed. Don't wanna go too hard into the E-beg... 

ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᶦᶠ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᵃˡˡ ᵉ⁻ᵇᵉᵍᵍᶦⁿᵍ

A loooong time lurker first time poster. I've been watching LTT for over 6 years now and never really tried to enter any of the contests. This is my first time using adobe premiere and actually entering a contest (in some 15 years or so). Even if it doesn't win I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts !

11 minutes ago, Jinroh700 said:

A loooong time lurker first time poster. I've been watching LTT for over 6 years now and never really tried to enter any of the contests. This is my first time using adobe premiere and actually entering a contest (in some 15 years or so). Even if it doesn't win I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts !

It was well edited. Microphone seemed to be peaking a lot, but you probably didn't have much control since I'm guessing it was a gaming headset. Depending on what phone you have, you might be able to get better sound with that if you record in a little blanket fort and just transfer the file to your computer.

The shot of blowing dust off the GPU hit close to home...

I thought this thread closed???? I guess not.

Edit: It was a personal thread that closed, it was about the time when winners are picked.

I'm liking a lot of the videos here! I don't want to feel like my video is better but at the same time I'd rather not have the mindset of "I'm going to lose." I think I have a serious shot at winning and so do many of you!

I enjoy the general positivity here in comparison to the comments on YouTube. Some people are just plain nasty, even to the younger competitors and it irks me. Look, I get it, there are some cringey videos, but being nasty doesn't help your chances, and you may be discouraging some of the younger people from pursuing similar creative endeavors. All things considered, no one NEEDS a gaming PC, it's just awesome to have this opportunity and people should just have fun with it.

NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
Although the cards are not on the market, Linus' video today has a TUF rtx 3080! This means that not only can he get the cards early, but because he has one now basically guarantees that the Rig Reboot winners are getting these cards. (being asus tuf or rog 3080s)

I think I messed up and I am so upset. I forgot to enter on the site. But I created a video and followed the other rules! Dangit!! If I won Linus please reply to this lol!

5 minutes ago, Stewpandas said:

I think I messed up and I am so upset. I forgot to enter on the site. But I created a video and followed the other rules! Dangit!! If I won Linus please reply to this lol!

I'm pretty sure winners will be emailed eventually, but that could take some time. 3,400 entries is 50+ hours of videos they need to watch. Whittle it down to a top 20 or so, and then a top 3. Could be a couple weeks.