ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
4 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

So like, if mine were to win there would be tons of parodies next year? That would be neat to watch haha.

You're the apple parody correct? If so, I would imagine there would be, it seems to be a trend that people follow the last years winners very closely, and those who don't are considered the creative ones.

As someone who has been observing the contest and the winners. They are picking those that stand out with using less copyrighted materials. Last year I made a mistake on making a parody with the music the same as the original. Also, this year's conditions were different. Last year they had a "theme" on making the video funny as one of the conditions. This year it didn't state that, just "be creative" was the one that stand out. 

So based on my observations, no one has done a video where it is entirely stop motion and with Legos. So I took that chance with a lot of painstaking editing on the script to narrow it down to a minute.

1 minute ago, PhillyJae said:

As someone who has been observing the contest and the winners. They are picking those that stand out with using less copyrighted materials. Last year I made a mistake on making a parody with the music the same as the original. Also, this year's conditions were different. Last year they had a "theme" on making the video funny as one of the conditions. This year it didn't state that, just "be creative" was the one that stand out. 

I can back that up. I did a lot of research into how they did the last few year's winners, losers, and honorable mentions. I used only a royalty free office background sound and a cuss bleep. In my 2 scrapped projects I actually made my background music,but for my final project and submissions background music wouldn't have worked, so I opted out and just used the office sounds.

44 minutes ago, PhillyJae said:

Had this made two days ago. It's with stop motion with Legos.

I LOVE the LEGO bits!

As a LEGO fanatic though, I gotta say LEGO is already plural, no need to say "Legos". I feel the need to constantly correct people when I see it... Which is probably why my friends now say "Legos" on purpose 😂😭

6 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

I LOVE the LEGO bits!

As a LEGO fanatic though, I gotta say LEGO is already plural, no need to say "Legos". I feel the need to constantly correct people when I see it... Which is probably why my friends now say "Legos" on purpose 😂😭

Thx. man and I feel ya. Probably the company needs an official explanation that "Legos" or "Legoes" aren't their term. lol

This is all off topic from the rig reboot but I've always heard legos from everyone. Like if someone says "I'm building with lego" it sounds more like they mean it more in a sense of the brand than just building block toys

2 minutes ago, PhillyJae said:

Thx. man and I feel ya. Probably the company needs an official explanation that "Legos" or "Legoes" aren't their term. lol

Fun fact! They actually used to have it on their website 😊😂

image.png.6f7e634aafad8242701a6ab38751c86e.png

5 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

Fun fact! They actually used to have it on their website 😊😂

image.png.6f7e634aafad8242701a6ab38751c86e.png

It's funny to me that they want us to call them "LEGO Bricks or Toys" because almost everyone uses lego bricks and just legos interchangeably. 

After the entries stopped, this thread kinda died, not gonna lie. May the best submissions win!

8 hours ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

That first one? No wayyyy. It was good up until he played that bruh sound effect, and even then there was a lot of cringe, whether intentional or unintentional. It was super creative and well edited though.

That is kinda true and he didn't really follow the rules either.

4 minutes ago, AccurateLamer said:

That is kinda true and he didn't really follow the rules either.

Gotta meet all the requirements or you wont win.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

Gotta meet all the requirements or you wont win.

yeah,but the thing is maybe linus might pick it either way because a lot of people liked it for some reason.

2 minutes ago, AccurateLamer said:

yeah,but the thing is maybe linus might pick it either way because a lot of people liked it for some reason.

But aren't rules, rules. I doubt linus made those requirements just so he could choose someone who broke them.

1 minute ago, AccurateLamer said:

The winners aren't decided based on video likes or anything like that, and Linus isn't the only one reviewing them if he reviews any of them personally at all. You essentailly have to have a good, if not great or perfect balance between content regarding showing your rig and saying why it sucks, and entertainment such as jokes, skits, and such.

Just now, sgarg0310 said:

But aren't rules, rules. I doubt linus made those requirements just so he could choose someone who broke them?

I know,but I think there were people in the previous

years that didn't follow the rules either and they won

I don't think Linus even made those restrictions, I'm fairly certian ASUS ROG has a lot more control over this competition that it seems at the surface. For all we know it might be a team at ASUS who reviews the submissions and picks the winners, so they get to decide who's getting pcs and who isn't. Or, I'm a nutcase. 

6 minutes ago, AccurateLamer said:

I know,but I think there were people in the previous

years that didn't follow the rules either and they won

There's also a lot more "restrictions" this year in the sense as there's more requirements to hit on in your video. Previously there were three themes and the winners were chosen from that, but this year all you have to is show your rig and why it sucks, explain what you want to do with it, what games you want to play, and why you should win. Also on that, you have to be creative in your ideas and presentation.

Just now, ArvoTheGamer said:

Here is my video, let me know what some of you think.

I enjoy your attitude and presentation, but I will admit I think it follows a similar theme to the mock LTT videos. Still well done though, more original than the others.

To enter, all you gotta do is make a 60 second YouTube video showing how craptastic your rig is
I mean what's it like to use it now?
What do you want to be able to do with it?
And just follow the link, submit the video and you are set.

Video Requirements:

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum.

2) Show us your current Rig

3) Tell us why you deserve to win!

4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description

5) Be Creative!!

We'll be choosing two winners from the U.S. or Canada to build their new rig with me remotely...

and one local winner from our very own province of British Columbia...

1 minute ago, izzy1224 said:

Video Requirements:

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum.

2) Show us your current Rig

3) Tell us why you deserve to win!

4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description

5) Be Creative!!

There's more requirements on the submission website than there are in the video description.

2 minutes ago, Owen M said:

I know the quality isn't great but any feedback would be great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmmffh8CWtU&feature=youtu.be

Feedback: I think the idea is alright, hits a lot of the requirements.

Criticism: Your line delivery could be a little more enthusiastic, and the text to speech of the computer seems like you took an easy route. Lastly, it follows a fairly common theme of the computer acting and talking to the user like a person.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

Feedback: I think the idea is alright, hits a lot of the requirements.

Criticism: Your line delivery could be a little more enthusiastic, and the text to speech of the computer seems like you took an easy route. Lastly, it follows a fairly common theme of the computer acting and talking to the user like a person.

Like that dating one kinda

So I see a few different general types of submissions:

Infomercial

Computer Talking

Vlog-Style "History of my computer" Video

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature