ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
Just now, paperbagperson said:

I think the video was good but the black and white makes it hard to see the details, like it took me a few seconds to realize you were in a dress to turn on the computer.聽

You in a dress tho? 10/10, I wish I looked that good in a dress 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Oh you're far too kind, I really think the dish cloths聽in my dollar store bra put the outfit together.

Just now, Veggieking said:

Oliver you keep talkin' like that and you're gonna make me think things I never have before.

But in all seriousness, I'm actually really happy with what I got. My buddy and I have a blast filming. It's really just that constant fear of "What if you didn't submit it right" that has me a tad bit frazzled.

I've been told I'm mature for my age, what can I say. I'm able to analyze a situation, take in the input from a source (in this case, you), and infer based on what you say and my general knowledge of the attitude around these submissions displayed by others and myself.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

I've been told I'm mature for my age, what can I say. I'm able to analyze a situation, take in the input from a source (in this case, you), and infer based on what you say and my general knowledge of the attitude around these submissions displayed by others and myself.

Well my panic comes from a fear separate to the video. More like a product of my theoretical ineptitude should it come to light I accidentally posted a link to just some random YouTube video instead of my own.

I'm pissed. My computer just.... stopped giving video output, right as I was filming. I no longer have a entry, and I had to make up some half assed video last second. Goddamit Acer, why do you have so many black screen of death problems?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Well my panic comes from a fear separate to the video. More like a product of my theoretical ineptitude should it come to light I accidentally posted a link to just some random YouTube video instead of my own.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm afraid someone will submit my video as their own, but they can also see that it's my video and not someone else's.

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I'm pissed. My computer just.... stopped giving video output, right as I was filming. I no longer have a entry, and I had to make up some half assed video last second. Goddamit Acer, why do you have so many black screen of death problems?

RIP, that really sucks. Thankfully my pc hasn't bricked yet but it came close this week while editing too many times for comfort.

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Sheeeeit dude. That's tough.

With the lack of cable management and basically 1 cooling fan I'm surprised this thing has any airflow at ALL.
This is my old HP Envy 700-214 with a friend's old rx 460 and 16 gb of ddr3 ram clocked at 1600mhz, both of which ripped from the motherboard in his聽pc fire

DSC04941.JPG

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

NOOOOOO!

Is there anything we can do to help? Maybe salvage some of the footage and add title cards for things you couldn't film?

With the lack of cable management and basically 1 cooling fan I'm surprised this thing has any airflow at ALL.
This is my old HP Envy 700-214 with a friend's old rx 460 and 16 gb of ddr3 ram clocked at 1600mhz, both of which ripped from the motherboard in a pc fire

Now that's a familiar story i can relate to. My pc is an assortment of random parts from old hand me downs. Used to be good. but it just kept going downhill.

Now that's a familiar story i can relate to. My pc is an assortment of random parts from old hand me downs. Used to be good. but it just kept going downhill.

Yep. The gpu is basically dead and the only parts that AREN'T hand me downs are my mouse, keyboard, and headset. My mom got me my headset and keyboard cause she hated me yelling into her yeti blue all the time and hated my clicky switches. My mouse is a 3 year old Razer Naga Trinity with broken side button inputs, so it sees that the side panel is there but won't read the presses.

1 minute ago, paperbagperson said:

NOOOOOO!

Is there anything we can do to help? Maybe salvage some of the footage and add title cards for things you couldn't film?

Lol, I had like 10 seconds. 聽I filmed the other thing, and don't have time to film the new vid. And, it just happens to be a bad ram seat, even though one stick was fine.

10 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

RIP, that really sucks. Thankfully my pc hasn't bricked yet but it came close this week while editing too many times for comfort.

lol, one stick 聽of ram was incorrectly seated, with no error beep or light.

10 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

Sheeeeit dude. That's tough.

Lol, yeah. Almost snapped my keyboard in half.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

Yep. The gpu is basically dead and the only parts that AREN'T hand me downs are my mouse, keyboard, and headset. My mom got me my headset and keyboard cause she hated me yelling into her yeti blue all the time and hated my clicky switches. My mouse is a 3 year old Razer Naga Trinity with broken side button inputs, so it sees that the side panel is there but won't read the presses.

I bet that feels like a dream to play. I'd love to see your video! I'm sure you already posted it but i could barely figure out how to send messages on the forum much less look for things.

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Lol, yeah. Almost snapped my keyboard in half.

I wouldn't have blamed you if you did. I can only imagine the amount of effort you put in.聽

1 minute ago, Veggieking said:

I bet that feels like a dream to play. I'd love to see your video! I'm sure you already posted it but i could barely figure out how to send messages on the forum much less look for things.

No problem!聽

No problem!聽

Oh dude! That's so trippy. Well edited,聽Concise, and Entertaining! Well done my man!聽

I'd recommend watching it a few times, it takes a few watches to really get a grasp on all the info I'm throwing at you.

Oh dude! That's so trippy. Well edited,聽Concise, and Entertaining! Well done my man!聽

Thanks a ton! It means a lot to me to hear all the positive feedback from the community. I just hope that that feedback means I have a winning video, I really do need a new pc. Everyone that's given feedback has said nothing but positive things and that I've got a shot at winning, and I hope that whoever is reviewing the video, whether it's someone at Linus Media Group or ASUS, thinks I have a winning video too.

Not to pry, but I really want to know if you think I have a serious shot at winning.

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Thanks a ton! It means a lot to me to hear all the positive feedback from the community. I just hope that that feedback means I have a winning video, I really do need a new pc. Everyone that's given feedback has said nothing but positive things and that I've got a shot at winning, and I hope that whoever is reviewing the video, whether it's someone at Linus Media Group or ASUS, thinks I have a winning video too.

Not to pry, but I really want to know if you think I have a serious shot at winning.

Oh 100% it's nice and calm. Lines are delivered clearly. And it's not a complete bore. If it's not in the top 25 i'll be shocked.

2 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

Oh 100% it's nice and calm. Lines are delivered clearly. And it's not a complete bore. If it's not in the top 25 i'll be shocked.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Thank you!

Of course! You put effort in and it came out slick as oil.

2 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

Of course! You put effort in and it came out slick as oil.

Not only did I bust my ass for two days recording, rerecording, scrapping clips, and editing that, but I also lost 2 days worth of work because of two scrapped ideas that just weren't good enough. So yeah, Adobe Premiere had a really hard time keeping up with me this week lol

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Not only did I bust my ass for two days recording, rerecording, scrapping clips, and editing that, but I also lost 2 days worth of work because of two scrapped ideas that just weren't good enough. So yeah, Adobe Premiere had a really hard time keeping up with me this week lol

I can relate to that pretty well. The stress of your project crashing is quite an overbearing one. But you persisted and it made it cross the finish line and that's all that matters in the end.聽

But on that note. I'm calling it a night. Talking on here let me vent my fears a bit and have a nice chat with some cool people. So i'm gonna use that calm to get a good night's rest.聽

Sleep well gamer friends! And good luck to anyone who reads this!!!