ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
13 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

if it also makes you feel a little better the winners from last year were from 3 categories. "made us laugh" "Worst computer" "Best Overall" I assume they are going to go with a similar approach for this year.

The thing is that I actually have a decent rig... it's just not good enough for what I want to do, which is stream as a vtuber, so I focused my video around that. But my video has audio issues, questionable editing and bad pacing... I'm hoping that the whole "vtuber" thing is enough to make me stand out but that's really all I have going for me... Well, there's no point worrying about it now, I'll know in around 168-336 hours...

7 hours ago, BananaCS13 said:

yea best of luck to all. It kinda sucks the winner doesnt get to go out to there studio this year. whoever the person who wins from bc is going to be so lucky because they are the only one that gets to go in person.

If I win I fully intend to drive there, it's only an 11 hour drive from me, and there are no laws forbidding inter-provincial travel.  Of course I'll ask first if they are comfortable with it, but if it's on my dime and I follow all the recommendations I don't see them having a problem with it.

If I’m being honest, the 2 winners I can predict are: 

(spoiler to hide from lurking judges till after judging) 

Spoiler

dating app pc where the pc looks nothing like the picture. Posted on YouTube. Not on the forum. 

pc interrogation posted a few pages back where it’s all black & white & he's like “still not talking, huh?” 

8 minutes ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

dating app pc where the pc looks nothing like the picture. Posted on YouTube. Not on the forum. 

pc interrogation posted a few pages back where it’s all black & white & he's like “still not talking, huh?” 

I agree those are pretty good

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Wow only like, 200 or so entries away from last year. That's a lot of competition. 

Yeah and I expected there to be less cause it is only the US and Canada this year.

I literally haven't been able to sleep all week because of wanting to win the rig reboot lol. 

1 minute ago, TrueDefault said:

Yeah and I expected there to be less cause it is only the US and Canada this year.

Yeah same, I guess with LTT having a year's worth of more subscribers coupled with the fact that we're all stuck inside with our bad rigs means more people are willing to take the time and make an entry.

So I really don't want to be that one guy who constantly reposts their own work, but as there seems to be some more people here than previously, I want to hear input/feedback/criticism on my video. Last time I post it, I promise.

It takes a few watches to read all the text and really understand what's going on

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

That first one? No wayyyy. It was good up until he played that bruh sound effect, and even then there was a lot of cringe, whether intentional or unintentional. It was super creative and well edited though.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

That first one? No wayyyy. It was good up until he played that bruh sound effect, and even then there was a lot of cringe, whether intentional or unintentional. It was super creative and well edited though.

I agree, while the cringe may be intentional it isn't nearly as obvious as it should be that it's ironic, and therefore just becomes hard to watch.

5 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

It does have faults, but it is original/unique to other entries & is creative. 

He more or less organically introduces himself & his intentions with his new computer. 

Though it’s a little cringy (which if we’re being honest, 100% of entries are) it’s well done for what I assume to be an early teen. 

It's absolutely baffling how many entries this year are completely uncreative. So many people turning on their camera, saying their specs and games they want to play, uploading it, and calling it a day. It's not hard to tell when someone puts a lot of effort into something and that isn't something I've seen much of this year.

12 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

It's absolutely baffling how many entries this year are completely uncreative. So many people turning on their camera, saying their specs and games they want to play, uploading it, and calling it a day. It's not hard to tell when someone puts a lot of effort into something and that isn't something I've seen much of this year.

I mean I agree a lot and I did a rap vid bcuz I wanted to put in at least some effort.

My desktop green screened last night, scared the ever living hell out of me. Luckily it was fine, it just needed a restart I guess.

I know the contest is over, but it'd be cool if I could get some feedback. I tried to make a cheap version of LTT.

5 minutes ago, _a_aron___ said:

I know the contest is over, but it'd be cool if I could get some feedback. I tried to make a cheap version of LTT.

From a constructive criticism standpoint, I think that the idea of doing a fake LTT style video is a bit bland and quite common. Your line delivery was nice and your content isn't bad, it's just the main premise that might hurt your entry.

6 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

From a constructive criticism standpoint, I think that the idea of doing a fake LTT style video is a bit bland and quite common. Your line delivery was nice and your content isn't bad, it's just the main premise that might hurt your entry.

Cool, thanks for the criticism. With so many entries, there's no way I could win, so I'll keep this in mind for next year.

14 hours ago, Oliver Michael said:

My mom got ours forever ago, it only has one pc that can print from it because it doesn't connect over Bluetooth, rather wifi, and computers just don't know how to connect to it.

I use mine with apple stuff so I just use airplay. The PC from my video I don't use at all. Haven't even fired it up since 2008. I do have a system I just build for a subscriber that he hasn't picked up yet, so I will see if I can get it going. I post the results to this forum, but it might be in a different topic thread. Keep an eye out. I'll probably try for Monday. I should be able to get it working as a network printer over my WiFi network. I actually have my MacBook setup to print to it in both Air Print and as a network device over WiFi, maybe that will point you in the right direction for windows. Cheers

20 minutes ago, _a_aron___ said:

Aw dude! That was nice! I'm pretty bad at coming up with ideas but if you added a sponsor Segway into your computer I think that could have come off as pretty cool and more LTT-like

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're far too kind. I'm sure whatever you've got is just as likely to win!

We're all waiting for the email from LTT at this point. I honestly wish there was a way you could know you didn't win, like announcing the winners, because it's better to know you didn't win than sit and wonder until it reaches a point where it isn't possible. But last year they didn't announce the winners on the forum, did they?

13 minutes ago, Veggieking said:

Aw dude! That was nice! I'm pretty bad at coming up with ideas but if you added a sponsor Segway into your computer I think that could have come off as pretty cool and more LTT-like

Well in the intro I said "Today's sponsor is nobody". I was thinking to but I thought if I tried to fit in a sponsor, my speech would be too fast and would probably make my video worse. Thanks for the feedback!