LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

time to start gamin'

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Just now, madprofessor207 said:

But my house is still cold...

Well I won't stop folding apart from some maintenance downtime, I'd be really happy if you guys joined me. The march of scientific progress rests for no ladle or gentlespoon 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well I won't stop folding apart from some maintenance downtime, I'd be really happy if you guys joined me. The march of scientific progress rests for no ladle or gentlespoon 

I definitely aint stopping

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm def not stopping. I'm close to the silver badge :D

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

Just now, NetoriusNick said:

I definitely aint stopping

You're such a darling 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, piratemonkey said:

I'm def not stopping. I'm close to the silver badge :D

You're a beaut

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, rosebrambles said:

It's midnight! Time to shut my poor computer down 😰

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm still running. Just finished the 3 x 1060 6GB and shutdown the
"scrappy" rig. Moved the 1070ti into fold5 to keep the 2070s there company in the new motherboard.

Systems all adjusted back to automatic fan control & normal (80%) power targets and Cron jobs edited to --finish WUs at 05:30 and --unpause at 19:00 on weekdays to get back to just using power when it is inexpensive here.

One of the 1060s will end up in a build for one of the kids that used to live with us and the other 2 will be sold locally. I was going to sell the 1070ti but the new CUDA core has given it some fresh life and better efficiency.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You're a beaut

you are too speccy weccy

btw, when is blog/results and prizes going up?

Just now, piratemonkey said:

you are too speccy weccy

btw, when is blog/results and prizes going up?

So, I may post the final ranks tonight, 

the awards ceremony will be in the next day or two most probably 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Data grab successful, me and bigfoot are watching the launch, will get to validating after that 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

What a event so happy to have done what I could and to see what so many others were able to do, here is to the next event wow this was fun for my not for my wallet but its well worth it. Thank you to everyone who helped in this event from the staff to all us folders.

Yea, its pretty awesome to see what we can produce together in a month. Especially the top 10.

I'm also going to shut my PC down again, my power bill will be pretty bad (yay to German power costs).

Upgrading all my PC components in this month for more than I should have didn't help my wallet either, but it put me from 400.000 points a day to 2.200.000 so that's great 😅.

image.png.526533af0120440cad6a3e43d2d1812e.png

10 Billion, 69th place overall, last day of the event.

That's an excellent set of coincidences.

Nice.

11 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

image.png.526533af0120440cad6a3e43d2d1812e.png

10 Billion, 69th place overall, last day of the event.

That's an excellent set of coincidences.

Nice.

CheapFeistyDassierat-mobile.jpg.60667fd08178737b59115f916e806f39.jpg

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

CheapFeistyDassierat-mobile.jpg.60667fd08178737b59115f916e806f39.jpg

Can't hold it though.

Now I gotta do 90MPH to hurry up and return the DGX A100 I borrowed.

43 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I am not planning to stop, especially because @lucas.fnbr and I got into a bit of a race between each other to see if I can catch up to him. Though I will need to stop for a bit this weekend when I move back home from the college dorms for the rest of the year. I am likely gonna turn some things down (Especially my about 8 year old laptop which barely gets anything anyways, about 1 WU/Day), and it will be nice to do my classes on the desktop again since I won't be as worried about my PPD, but I will keep folding at least to some degree.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Thank you for getting involved! 

And that's a wrap people! The third annual folding month has come to a close 

thanks!!!! 

homeofmew (homeofmew#1337)

[ | folding@home | F@A Extreme Over Clocking | Bionic | ]

Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, University of Houston

2 minutes ago, Collin_S said:

I am not planning to stop, especially because @lucas.fnbr and I got into a bit of a race between each other to see if I can catch up to him. Though I will need to stop for a bit this weekend when I move back home from the college dorms for the rest of the year. I am likely gonna turn some things down (Especially my about 8 year old laptop which barely gets anything anyways, about 1 WU/Day), and it will be nice to do my classes on the desktop again since I won't be as worried about my PPD, but I will keep folding at least to some degree.

That is simply divine 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, homeofmew said:

thanks!!!! 

No, thank you! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We're about to get our butts kicked by storms, so I am shutting fully down, but if we survive w/o major outages, I'll be back to my usual 11M PPD by the end of the day tomorrow. Winds are 30MPH and climbing.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

We're about to get our butts kicked by storms, so I am shutting fully down, but if we survive w/o major outages, I'll be back to my usual 11M PPD by the end of the day tomorrow. Winds are 30MPH and climbing.

Welcome to November! (I think a lot of people have already had the stormy fun today...)

1 minute ago, Hunter50081 said:

Welcome to November! (I think a lot of people have already had the stormy fun today...)

I'm just glad it waited until literally the last few mins of the folding event lol.