Jake Paul: FBI Seizes guns.

Chr0my

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53673371

"The FBI have conducted a raid on the Los Angeles-area home of YouTube star Jake Paul." 

Not many details have been released because of the nature of the topic, yet.

He was charged with criminal trespass and unlawful assembly, but told US media that he was only there to meet protesters.

The official would not say the reason, only that the search was related to an investigation. Officers were seen collecting guns from the property.

"The FBI is executing a federal search warrant at a residence in Calabasas in connection with an ongoing investigation," an FBI representative said in a statement.

There were over 20 vehicles that arrived at the property.

FBI was seen collecting long rifles, "long rifles with a scope".

image.png.b5745b9d031f459399fa137338da4a35.png

[Still writing]

Not sure this is tech news. Granted you're still writing but i'd be a curveball  if it was.

Ooo. Federal crimes. Those are always fun to watch.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

-Moved to Off Topic- 

... how was that tech news? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

tech news no.

Federal crimes often mean lots of time, yay maybe the pair can go away for years so kids stop being influence by those idiots

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Saw this today. I feel sorry for whoever (and if ever) Jake Paul’s PR manager is.

He has little girls in his basement $20. 

Any counter bets? 

4 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

$20 says it was a publicity stunt orchestrated by him.

oof that's a tough one... could prolly be the real reason.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Apparently this is in connection with him being an accomplice in the robbery of some stores in a mall in Arizona, one that got raided a couple of months ago because of the """"protests"""". 

Which... when you have the money to buy the fucking mall itself, WHY would you do that?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Apparently this is in connection with him being an accomplice in the robbery of some stores in a mall in Arizona, one that got raided a couple of months ago because of the """"protests"""". 

Which... when you have the money to buy the fucking mall itself, WHY would you do that?

Absolute mad lad. 

Hes a Maverick. 

I'm not familiar with Jake Paul's history but the article doesn't mention anything about ever being convicted of something that would have made it illegal for him to own a rifle.

It mentions being charged with criminal trespassing and unlawful assembly (nothing about robbery) in a different state than where his home was and I'm not sure how California handles firearm ownership of someone being charged (but not yet convicted) with something in another state.

4 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

It was to get YouTube views. Either way it comes back to being a publicity stunt.

2 hours ago, Snadzies said:

I'm not familiar with Jake Paul's history but the article doesn't mention anything about ever being convicted of something that would have made it illegal for him to own a rifle.

It mentions being charged with criminal trespassing and unlawful assembly (nothing about robbery) in a different state than where his home was and I'm not sure how California handles firearm ownership of someone being charged (but not yet convicted) with something in another state.

It's SOP. You do something the government doesn't like and then they raid your house and look for excuses. Given he lives in Cali I'm not 100%, but I think he needs a permit for everything. And if they've been sitting in his house too long they might arbitrarily be illegal because he has a standard magazine and not a 10 round bullet button.

#Muricaparrotgang

This should be illegal. Even if he's charged and awaiting trial, his guns and property should not be taken.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

It was just a prank brah

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

This should be illegal. Even if he's charged and awaiting trial, his guns and property should not be taken.

Depends if he’s licensed to have them, if they’re registered to him and if they’re not illegal in any other way. Plus if they’re counted as evidence to something they can take anything. Dunno about the states but in countries with adequate gun laws they wouldn’t have been able to get to any firearms. 

States like California and New York along with cities like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc. have extremely strict firearm laws. You could spit on the sidewalk and have your firearms taken (exaggerated, a little, but I am making a point). It could be that someone wanted to make a name for themselves. Most states have laws/guidelines regarding having firearms at a public gathering like a peaceful protest. Unless he did not pay attention to those laws, who knows why they took them.

@Lord Vile, you can be in possession of a firearm that is not "registered" in your name and it be legal (borrowing, private sale, etc) as long as you are not committing crimes or the firearm is not tied to a crime. Even though California has stupidly anal firearm laws/regulations, the ATF was not involved from what I could see, so they firearms were probably legal in regards to barrel length, non-pistol grip, etc. This is one of those things that no one has a clue because they are so tight lipped. If I may suggest, don't go throwing sentences around like:

20 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

but in countries with adequate gun laws they wouldn’t have been able to get to any firearms. 

that can cause some people to get a bit agitated as "adequate" is opinion based. This Logan guy may have been extremely legal to have these firearms, we simply don't have all the facts right now.

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

It was to get YouTube views. Either way it comes back to being a publicity stunt.

It's SOP. You do something the government doesn't like and then they raid your house and look for excuses. Given he lives in Cali I'm not 100%, but I think he needs a permit for everything. And if they've been sitting in his house too long they might arbitrarily be illegal because he has a standard magazine and not a 10 round bullet button.

It is possible that this was for publicity. It is unlikely that a permit is required for rifles and shotguns but in California you must have a Firearm Safety Certificate (from what I have read) in order to purchase. It is possible that he did some looting in Arizona and did not iffy things at a protest. We shall see what comes up.

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

May I ask why you feel this way?

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Slowly but surely California will outlaw a distinctive feature of every type of firearm, until they can ban and confiscate all of them.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

19 minutes ago, dual290x said:

I will not answer for the other poster, but 'innocent until proven guilty' is the keystone of the legal system here in the United States. It should take a conviction in a court of law to remove rights from someone.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

26 minutes ago, dual290x said:

Civil asset forfeiture. His property may very likely be taken and not given back without jumping through holes. I know this is the FBI, but I don't trust any PD since the day CAF was passed without requiring a day in court to do so. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

26 minutes ago, dual290x said:nows why they took them.

@Lord Vile, you can be in possession of a firearm that is not "registered" in your name and it be legal (borrowing, private sale, etc) as long as you are not committing crimes or the firearm is not tied to a crime. Even though California has stupidly anal firearm laws/regulations, the ATF was not involved from what I could see, so they firearms were probably legal in regards to barrel length, non-pistol grip, etc. This is one of those things that no one has a clue because they are so tight lipped. If I may suggest, don't go throwing sentences around like:

that can cause some people to get a bit agitated as "adequate" is opinion based. This Logan guy may have been extremely legal to have these firearms, we simply don't have all the facts right now.

• There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers. However, you must submit a Firearm Ownership Report (FOR) Application (BOF 4542A), pdf to the California Department of Justice (the Department) for any firearm you are seeking return where no other record is on file with the Department identifying you as the most recent owner/possessor. Having a FOR application on file with the Department will authorize the return of your firearm in the event it is subsequently lost or stolen. With very few and specific exceptions, all firearm transactions must be conducted through a firearms dealer. If you purchased a handgun from a properly licensed California firearms dealer and underwent a background check via the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) process, a record of your handgun purchase is already on file with the Department. Therefore, it should not be necessary for you to submit a FOR application for handguns previously purchased in California. Unfortunately, this is not the case with regards to rifles or shotguns. Prior to January 1, 2014, the Department was prohibited by law from retaining DROS long gun information.

Adequate as in guns must be stored in a safe, locked location when not in use so only the owner has access. If the guns were stored responsibly then the police would not have been able to remove them.  

8 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Civil asset forfeiture. His property may very likely be taken and not given back without jumping through holes. I know this is the FBI, but I don't trust any PD since the day CAF was passed without requiring a day in court to do so. 

I misread your original post.

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:
  • There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers. However, you must submit a Firearm Ownership Report (FOR) Application (BOF 4542A), pdf to the California Department of Justice (the Department) for any firearm you are seeking return where no other record is on file with the Department identifying you as the most recent owner/possessor. Having a FOR application on file with the Department will authorize the return of your firearm in the event it is subsequently lost or stolen. With very few and specific exceptions, all firearm transactions must be conducted through a firearms dealer. If you purchased a handgun from a properly licensed California firearms dealer and underwent a background check via the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) process, a record of your handgun purchase is already on file with the Department. Therefore, it should not be necessary for you to submit a FOR application for handguns previously purchased in California. Unfortunately, this is not the case with regards to rifles or shotguns. Prior to January 1, 2014, the Department was prohibited by law from retaining DROS long gun information.

Adequate as in guns must be stored in a safe, locked location when not in use so only the owner has access. If the guns were stored responsibly then the police would not have been able to remove them.  

Thank for the info, where did you find it (for future reference)?

It's all in how it read my man. I read it as if you were mocking the US for their gun laws as many people like to.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

8 hours ago, dual290x said:

I misread your original post.

Thank for the info, where did you find it (for future reference)?

It's all in how it read my man. I read it as if you were mocking the US for their gun laws as many people like to.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#3

I’m from the UK and I’d say we have decent gun laws here, you need to have a valid reason for owning one and you need to undergo a test to see if you’re fit to own one plus there’s restrictions to mainly a bolt action or shotgun. Not a fan on the US and its laissez faire approach, makes it easier for people to peddle illegal weapons on the black market due to the sheer volume of trade done and obviously the number of mass shootings that occur.